IAC VALVE 89 Vette

Old September 13th 04, 02:54 PM
Black Bomb

Default IAC VALVE 89 Vette

Hi

At warm engine temperatures,,,(sometimes) when I start it up it will idle at
2000 for about 7-8 seconds and drop to normal slowly. Can this be IAC
related?

Thanks

Dan
89 Couple Blk on Blk

Old September 13th 04, 05:47 PM
X-Eliminator

You can find the answer in your Factory Service Manual under the
section "Driveability and Emissions". Under that section you will find
the troubleshooting flow chart. See especially the section "Rough,
Unstable, or Incorrect Idle".

So Dan did you buy the FSM yet ? Buy a manual you cheapskate.

(Shut-up Dan)

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:54:11 -0400, "Black Bomb"

Old September 13th 04, 05:47 PM
X-Eliminator

Old September 13th 04, 06:48 PM
Diode

Black Bomb spoke thusly:

> At warm engine temperatures,,,(sometimes) when I start it up it will idle at
> 2000 for about 7-8 seconds and drop to normal slowly. Can this be IAC
> related?

Yes...or maybe no.

--

Shut up, Dave.

-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville
Old September 13th 04, 06:48 PM
Diode

Black Bomb spoke thusly:

> At warm engine temperatures,,,(sometimes) when I start it up it will idle at
> 2000 for about 7-8 seconds and drop to normal slowly. Can this be IAC
> related?

Yes...or maybe no.

--

Shut up, Dave.

-|>|- Diode -|<|-
'68 L-79 Coupe
'79 Triumph Bonneville
Old September 14th 04, 03:11 AM
Jon Smith

Is it throwing a code? It could be an idle air control valve or a map
sensor or the temperature sensor that lets the car know when it is at
operating temperature.

Old September 14th 04, 03:11 AM
Jon Smith

Old September 14th 04, 04:37 AM
X-Eliminator

he doesn't know what the codes mean because he doesn't have, and has
no intention of owning, a service manual...he leaches/is trolling here
because he sees this newsgroup as his personal factory service manual.

(Shut-up Dan)

Old September 14th 04, 04:37 AM
X-Eliminator

Old September 14th 04, 03:58 PM
Black Bomb

No codes (yet). Since it's nothing serious I'll leave it as is for now.

Thanks for all the help on possibilities.

Dan