Trying to ID Old Hubcap/Wreath & 3 Cats/Lions?

Old August 7th 17, 05:20 PM posted to rec.autos.antique

Default Trying to ID Old Hubcap/Wreath & 3 Cats/Lions?

Trying to I'd these hubcaps,anyone know
Old April 21st 20, 01:20 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Iyak69

> > > 1977 mercury cougar hubcap.
> > >
> > > On Aug 15, 11:42 am, weft2 > wrote:
> > > I was wondering if anyone knew of any good websites for

checking out
> > > old hubcaps. I tried the hubcaps.com site, but it's limited and

> > > couldn't id the cap I have there. I found an old silver hubcap

in a
> > > relative's garage that has a roughly 2" outer rim of

punched out and
> > > solid cross- hatching, with some black on the solid parts of

the
> > > hatching, and a black inner medallion with the Silver Laurel

Wreath
> > > (Cadillac?) and 3 long, outstretched, sleek kind of Silver

Cats
> > > (Jaguar? Puma? Lion?) stacked one on top of the other. The cats

paws
> > > are outstretched in front of them, and their tails loop back

over
> > > their backs. Very strange looking.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know which make of car, and model this old cap is

from?
> > > Thanks for any info.
> > >

> > I'm sure that your description in accurate, but a picture would

be ten
> > tmes better.
> > Do you have a friend who could post one.
> > (I do research in an automotive library when needed.)

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...457820#9457820

Old April 21st 20, 07:32 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Iyak69

> weft2 wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone knew of any good websites for checking

out
> old hubcaps. I tried the hubcaps.com site, but it's limited and I
> couldn't id the cap I have there. I found an old silver hubcap in

> relative's garage that has a roughly 2" outer rim of punched

out and
> solid cross- hatching, with some black on the solid parts of the
> hatching, and a black inner medallion with the Silver Laurel

Wreath
> (Cadillac?) and 3 long, outstretched, sleek kind of Silver Cats
> (Jaguar? Puma? Lion?) stacked one on top of the other. The cats

paws
> are outstretched in front of them, and their tails loop back over
> their backs. Very strange looking.
>
> Does anyone know which make of car, and model this old cap is

from?
> Thanks for any info.

1977 mercury cougar.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...457820#9457820

OT Detroit Lions Bill Berckman VW air cooled 0 September 9th 06 01:52 AM
hubcap/centercap bug '59[_1_] VW air cooled 4 August 17th 06 02:25 PM
Hubcap Tony dwight Ford Mustang 5 March 25th 06 09:37 AM
WTB '91 Miata hubcap Eric Goforth Mazda 1 August 29th 04 03:03 PM