Tires for my SC2?

Old November 6th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
HyperCube33 \(Life2Death\)

Default Tires for my SC2?

Anyone recommend where and what tires I should get for my Saturn? (And if
you know, how much they cost you.)

Thanks!

Old November 6th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

In article >, "HyperCube33 \(Life2Death\)" > wrote:
>Anyone recommend where and what tires I should get for my Saturn? (And if
>you know, how much they cost you.)

What type of driving do you do (highway, city, or combined)? How many miles do
you drive in a year? What type of Saturn do you have? Do you need tires that
will provide good traction in snow? In rain?

Best thing for you to do is talk to a few tire dealers in your area and see
what they recommend.

--
Regards,

Old November 7th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

I am a BF Goodrich fan, been using Traction TA's for years, good in rain and
dry weather, dont know about snow yet.
marx404

Old November 7th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
HyperCube33 \(Life2Death\)

Ah yes, sorry I forgot to add this!
I drive in city and highway, but mostly highway.
I'd prefer rain grip, and possibly snow, as well.

Since I've only owned my car a year, I've put about 35,000 miles on it.

I have a 1997 Saturn SC2.

And I do plan on it, but I'd like to hear fellow Saturn owners opinions
before I dive out into the market

Old November 7th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

In article >, "HyperCube33 \(Life2Death\)" > wrote:
>Ah yes, sorry I forgot to add this!
>I drive in city and highway, but mostly highway.
>I'd prefer rain grip, and possibly snow, as well.
>
>Since I've only owned my car a year, I've put about 35,000 miles on it.

Sounds to me like you need something with a good highway rain tread and a high
treadware rating.

--
Regards,

Old November 7th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 07:31:43 -0600, "HyperCube33 \(Life2Death\)"
> wrote:

>Anyone recommend where and what tires I should get for my Saturn? (And if
>you know, how much they cost you.)
>
>Thanks!

I replaced the 195/60 15's on my daugthers SC2 this spring with some
with some 185/65 15's GoodYear Allegra's that I got over at Sams Club.
They are but 3 tenths of a inch bigger in diameter and the slightly
narrower tread together with its tread design provides supurb traction
on wet/slick surfaces as I discovered when I put a set of Allegra's on
my wifes car last fall. I tried them because the tread design looked
like it would work will and they did.
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old November 8th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Steve[_13_]

I had Dunlop SP Sport A2 on my old '99 SC2. The wet grip and cornering was
outstanding.

Steve

Old November 8th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
NapalmHeart

"HyperCube33 (Life2Death)" > wrote in message
> Anyone recommend where and what tires I should get for my Saturn? (And if
> you know, how much they cost you.)
>
> Thanks!

I really liked the ContiExtremeContact tires on my '96 SL2. Can't remember
what they cost.

Ken

Old November 9th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
HyperCube33 \(Life2Death\)

Sweet, thanks!