2014 kidney grill change

Old June 30th 14, 06:03 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
really real

Default 2014 kidney grill change

Since buying a 2014 381i BMW Sports Touring, I've been looking a lot at
the styles of the BMW's I see on the street. It seems that the kidney
grill changed in 2014, slightly, but importantly.

The front of the car slopes down slightly, making the kidney grills look
more like nostrils, sniffing the road. I think this is a big improvement
over the previous years, where the kidney grill is just kind of boring,
though not as huge as it was during the bad styling years.

The most obvious way to recognize 2014 BMW is the headlights are
hexagonal and no longer round, but the difference in the grill is a
subtle, more attractive change.
Old July 7th 14, 03:32 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
dizzy[_2_]

really real > wrote:

>more attractive change.

In the opinion of a lightweight who probably thinks that anything new
and different is "more attactive".

Old July 7th 14, 02:47 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
really real

On 7/6/2014 7:32 PM, dizzy wrote:
> really real > wrote:
>
>> more attractive change.

> In the opinion of a lightweight who probably thinks that anything new
> and different is "more attractive".

Not at all - BMW's got progressively less attractive for a while. The
2014 change is an improvement in my eyes because BMW has moved away from
the bigger is better.

Another thing I noticed is that to make the new kidney grills turn down
a bit, there is now a line on the hood right before the insignia
Old July 7th 14, 06:41 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
R. Mark Clayton

"dizzy" > wrote in message
> really real > wrote:
>
>>more attractive change.

> In the opinion of a lightweight who probably thinks that anything new
> and different is "more attactive".

The prettiest BMW in recent decades was the E39 and it was only a 5 series.

Old July 11th 14, 10:40 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
really real

>> In the opinion of a lightweight who probably thinks that anything new
>> and different is "more attractive".

> The prettiest BMW in recent decades was the E39 and it was only a 5 series.

I can see why that one is cute. The kidney grills got bigger after that.
Now they're getting smaller again.

I reason I like the new one so much is that the kidney grill seems to
point downward as if its sniffing the road. Making the grill look more
like nostrils gives the front of the car a more anthropomorphic face.

2014 BMW i8 [email protected] BMW 0 June 30th 14 10:15 AM
2014 SRT Viper TA-01 Rob Auto Photos 0 March 20th 13 04:45 AM
2014 Corvette uncle_vito Corvette 18 June 29th 11 04:35 AM
OT - Anyone need a kidney? [email protected] Simulators 4 February 11th 06 05:05 AM
FA: BMW E36 1996 328iS KIDNEY GRILL DRIVER'S SIDE *NICE* sgfan3 BMW 0 July 25th 05 03:45 PM