SRW Handling

Old November 12th 12, 09:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default SRW Handling

On Tuesday, May 26, 1998 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, SRW Handling, LLC wrote:
> Saturn owners have a unique passion for their vehicles shared by few
> others.* And whatever the reason may be—whether styling, engineering,
> safety or service—this passion is shared by millions of owners across the
> globe.* After all, Saturn is a different kind of car from a
> different kind of company.
>

> I hear many owners—from SCs to SLs and yes, even the wagons—saying that
> handling is not exactly at the top of the list when they speak of
> their pride and joy. People seem to have three major areas on their “wish
> list” of improvements:
>

> *** MORE handling, MORE engine, MORE brake.
>

> Parts for increasing engine output are bountiful: camshafts, headers,
> exhaust systems, hi-flow intake filters and so on are widely in use.
>

> There are also numerous brake components available: cross-drilled rotors,
> carbon-metallic pads and even fast-cycle ABS upgrade systems.
>

> But for handling?
>

> I have only found:
>

> *** 1) lowering springs that make the car ride
> harsh but do not improve suspension geometry (which is critical for competent******
> handling),
>
> *** 2) solid anti sway bars (good) instead of
> the stock hollow bars, but are mounted in the same super soft stock rubber
> bushings (still allowing massive amounts of deflection),
>
> *** 3) higher-rate dampeners (good on all vehicles),
> and
>
> *** 4) the recommended “plus concept” use of
> lower profile tires with increased wheel diameter (good, but with stock
> suspension geometry, this is a compromise at best).
>

> I believe there is a better solution to the design compromises designed
> into the suspension of every Saturn.
>

> I would like to introduce my company, SRW Handling, and the Enhanced
> Geometry System for MacPherson strut suspension systems.
>

> The Enhanced Geometry System has been engineered as a bolt in
> modification that provides greater dynamic performance, increased cornering
> force, enhanced road feel and elevated safety during emergency maneuvers.
>

> Confidence, safety and Better Handling by Design.
>

> I invite you to visit my company’s web site at http://www.diac.com/~handling
> and decide for yourself if just maybe part of that wish list can
> be fulfilled.
>
> *
>

> Stephen Wendzel, CEO and Owner, SRW Handling, LLC.

Hi Stephen,

I am curious about the sub frame your company used to make for saturns. I am part of a college auto group that is modifying a 96 sl2 and is interested in sub frame upgrades. do you have any connection to that market still or any ideas for us?

Thanks Much,

Tyler

Something I never thought to ask regarding handling ChrisCoaster Technology 10 March 16th 09 04:48 PM
better handling for vw bug? Chris Miller VW air cooled 6 January 12th 08 06:34 PM
What does 'handling' mean? [email protected] Driving 62 September 20th 07 05:53 AM
Handling Question Raybender BMW 14 November 18th 05 11:10 PM
Evil Handling TJ Dean Jeep 2 August 26th 05 02:34 PM