Group gone?

Old August 1st 09, 06:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
JimR[_2_]

Default Group gone?

Has this group gone deathly quiet? Has everybody lost interest in
Saturn? Or is everybody on vacation?

JimR
Old August 1st 09, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Fred[_14_]

I've had the same feeling for months now. Maybe someone knows.
Fred

Old August 2nd 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

Seems that it has gone quiet while web sites like SaturnFans have gone up in
activity. I miss my old friends from here, Oppie, Lane? where are you guys?

--
marx404
<all gmail posts blocked>

Old August 2nd 09, 02:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

In article >, "marx404" > wrote:
>Seems that it has gone quiet while web sites like SaturnFans have gone up in
>activity. I miss my old friends from here, Oppie, Lane? where are you guys?

Most newsgroups see lower traffic during the summer -- people are on vacation,
enjoying the outdoors, doing yardwork....

Me, I haven't had anything go wrong with either of my Saturns lately ('96 SL2,
'99 SL2), and nobody's asked any questions, either, so I haven't had anything
to post about.
Old August 9th 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_9_]

"JimR" > wrote in message
> Has this group gone deathly quiet? Has everybody lost interest in Saturn?
> Or is everybody on vacation?
>
> JimR

Was wondering if everybody just went over to Saturnfans.com or what?
I answered a few posts over the past few months about L series and never
even got a thank you reply.

I check this group regularly and find it easier to navigate than digging
through saturnfans (which I am registered for but rarely use).

Regardless, wishing all a good summer.
Oppie

Old August 10th 09, 03:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_9_]

"marx404" > wrote in message
> Seems that it has gone quiet while web sites like SaturnFans have gone up
> in activity. I miss my old friends from here, Oppie, Lane? where are you
> guys?

Present and accounted for, Sir! <grin>
Hey, I'm a die hard. Heck, I still check the Junkyard-wars group even though
the show has been gone (in the USA) for years.

Oppie

Old August 12th 09, 12:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Jon Jon

I still read in here .. my 98 Saturn still running like a champ - hit
the whopping 74,000 miles a week ago. I've driven 134 miles since July
17, a little over my average but I did drive 24 miles round trip on July
19 to a picnic.

I'd be hard pressed to buy a new vehicle today - I really appreciate my
Saturn's dependability.

Lemme regress - I WON'T buy a new vehicle <hehehe>.

Old August 12th 09, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
JimR[_2_]

Sheesh, my 97 SL2 has over 205,000 MILES on it. Still runs good, but
some stuff is starting to bug me. I may look at a new car around year-end.

JimR

Old September 6th 09, 07:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Slightly Graying Wolf

"JimR" > wrote in message
> Has this group gone deathly quiet? Has everybody lost interest in Saturn?
> Or is everybody on vacation?
>
> JimR

I sure hope a few of you regulars stick around. I just bought my first
Saturn a few months ago (2008 VUE - 3.6 AWD) and my son has an SL1 (I think
it's 4 or 5 years old). I tend to keep my cars a little longer than most and
like to work on them myself when possible. My last car was a 91 Ford Mustang
XL and the day the Firemen extricated me from it it had 325,000+ Km and had
only seen a mechanic about 4 times in 18 years. I find the cramped engine
compartment in the VUE a little intimidating at the moment, but I am sure by
the time the 3 year bumper to bumper warrantee is up I will feel more
inclined to get my hands dirty keeping it in running order.

John

Old September 9th 09, 06:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_8_]

"Slightly Graying Wolf" > wrote in
message ...
> I sure hope a few of you regulars stick around.

<snip>
> John

Still looks like most of the posts have gone over to
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/
but you'll still see some of us here.