2005 Vue Daytime running lamps blink off

Old January 28th 09, 03:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Shawn

Default 2005 Vue Daytime running lamps blink off

Had the resister replaced twice. Seems when it's damp outside, the running
lamps won't come on. The light flickers in the dash and then goes out. Any
idea's. Saturn replaced the resister about a month ago for the second time,
but it happened again the next day.

Old January 28th 09, 04:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_8_]

What resistor is this? What is the relation to the dash (instrument panel)
light and the running lights??? Do you mean the daytime running lights?
The only resistor I know of is the dash light dimmer (which on my lw300
needs to be replaced since it is very erratic in operation).

Old January 28th 09, 09:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Shawn

It is under the hood over the driver's fender. It cracks and is then open to
the elements. My lights (Daytime) don't come on when vehical is damp. The
indicator light in dash blinks at first and then goes off.

Old January 29th 09, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
oppie

I've fixed a lot of cars but this is one I haven't come across. All I can
say is try an independent repair shop if you are not satisfied with Saturn.
The one near me has a subscription to Alldata or some other professional
service that gives them access to many of the things that only dealers used
to get. If you had this part replaced a few times and it still is failing,
there is most likely a service bulletin on it.
Oppie

Old January 30th 09, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
PerfectReign[_1_]

oppie turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

> I've fixed a lot of cars but this is one I haven't come across. All I can
> say is try an independent repair shop if you are not satisfied with
> Saturn. The one near me has a subscription to Alldata or some other
> professional service that gives them access to many of the things that
> only dealers used to get. If you had this part replaced a few times and it
> still is failing, there is most likely a service bulletin on it.

Yes, have you checked for a TSB?

I'm not sure why an exposed resister would be a problem. What elements?

Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it. - Dee
Hock
Old January 30th 09, 09:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Shawn

They say it cracks and then it allow moisture in it shorting it out. There
was supposed to be a recall or something. As soon as i bought it into Saturn
and said what was wrong, they said right away it was this resistor.Anyways,
replaced twice by them at no charge, but it is still doing it.

"PerfectReign" > wrote in message
> oppie turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:
>
>> I've fixed a lot of cars but this is one I haven't come across. All I can
>> say is try an independent repair shop if you are not satisfied with
>> Saturn. The one near me has a subscription to Alldata or some other
>> professional service that gives them access to many of the things that
>> only dealers used to get. If you had this part replaced a few times and
>> it
>> still is failing, there is most likely a service bulletin on it.

> Yes, have you checked for a TSB?
>
> I'm not sure why an exposed resister would be a problem. What elements?
>

> --
> www.perfectreign.com || www.filesite.org
>
> Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it. -
> Dee
> Hock

HELP- 2005 Vue daytime running lights recall Shawn Saturn 1 November 19th 08 11:18 PM
Daytime Running Lights Brian Minto Mazda 24 February 19th 08 11:42 PM
Daytime driving lamps MyPC BMW 6 November 23rd 05 12:19 AM
Daytime running lights RX8Guy Mazda 6 June 27th 05 07:33 PM
98 Exp. Daytime running lights Frank Baker Ford Explorer 1 February 11th 05 09:05 AM