Watch out for CARMAX

Old June 15th 07, 11:26 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Stephen Horrillo

Default Watch out for CARMAX

The following is from a complaint I just register with the BBB. If you've
had similar problems please contact me...
I purchased a Jaguar XKR from CARMAX's Davie Store on 5/19/07. At which time
I noticed several problems with the car that needed to be fixed. I reported
the issues and left the car with them for repair. When I picked up the car I
noticed that most of my issues were not addressed. While waiting for parts
to arrive for the second round of repairs, I took the car home for a few
days. I found numerous other repair issues. I found 12 warrantee issues.
When I brought the car back I gave the Service Manager, Sammy Warnamally a
printed list, and copies of CARMAX's certification form showing why these
items were covered. I brought my car in on 6/1/07. When I got my car back 14
DAYS later discovered 1) stereo wasn't fixed, 2) second set of keys and
valet key were not in yet, 3) convertible cover was not ordered, 4) trim
around the door handle wasn't addressed 5) visor wasn't replaced "because
Jaguar sent them the wrong part." 6) now the rear view mirror is loose as if
the car suffered a heavy impact or was driven a long distance down a dirt
road. Caked on white mud is on the inside door panels. For 2 weeks I have
been strung along by the service manager. When I asked to pick up my car
until the parts arrived, I was repeatedly told the seats were taken apart
and awaiting a headrest motor from Jaguar so I could not pick it up. Jaguar
Parts Department told me their delivery takes a week at most and parts can
be overnighted for a nominal cost of $6 per item. I was lied to that my car
was ready except for the headrest motors. I was also lied to about the extra
set of keys being there. Despite involvement of Operations Manager Adam
Warner and General Manager Theresa, my vehicle is still not fixed. I have
lost many hours work, suffered grief, and have had to pay $606 payment for a
car I was only able to drive a few days. I am releasing this to the Media,
posting my story on Internet consumer protection websites, forums and
newsgroups to get together a class action lawsuit. I am registering a
complaint with the Attorney General's Office and State Attorney's Office, as
I suspect foul play.
As it is impossible to trust CARMAX, I want all further repairs to be done
at Alpine Jaguar. I want Jaguar to inspect the car for accident/abuse
damage. Compensation for my monthly payment to Capital One for $606. My lost
time and wages estimated at 6 hours at $150 an hour. Grief and punitive
damages will be addressed in another arena.

Stephen Horrillo

Old June 15th 07, 02:04 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
JoshIII

"Stephen Horrillo" > wrote in message
.. .
> The following is from a complaint I just register with the BBB. If you've
> had similar problems please contact me...
> I purchased a Jaguar XKR from CARMAX's Davie Store on 5/19/07
> <snip>

JoshIII responds:
You should have purchased at BMW

Old June 15th 07, 03:09 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Anthony Wilson

"JoshIII" > wrote in message
reenews.net...

> "Stephen Horrillo" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > The following is from a complaint I just register with the BBB. If

you've
> > had similar problems please contact me...
> > I purchased a Jaguar XKR from CARMAX's Davie Store on 5/19/07
> > <snip>

> JoshIII responds:
> You should have purchased at BMW

I have a 735i. Nothing but trouble. Next car will be a Lexus. I'd rather
give up a little handling and the ability to cruise all day at 140 mph which
only gets me a jail sentence here in Florida and instead have a car that
rides more quietly and doesn't spend half it's life in the repair shop at
$2k a visit.

Old June 15th 07, 04:56 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:26:36 GMT, "Stephen Horrillo"
> wrote:

>The following is from a complaint I just register with the BBB. If you've
>had similar problems please contact me...
>I purchased a Jaguar XKR from CARMAX's Davie Store on 5/19/07. At which time
>I noticed several problems with the car that needed to be fixed. I reported
>the issues and left the car with them for repair. When I picked up the car I
>noticed that most of my issues were not addressed. While waiting for parts
>to arrive for the second round of repairs, I took the car home for a few
>days. I found numerous other repair issues. I found 12 warrantee issues.
>When I brought the car back I gave the Service Manager, Sammy Warnamally a
>printed list, and copies of CARMAX's certification form showing why these
>items were covered. I brought my car in on 6/1/07. When I got my car back 14
>DAYS later discovered 1) stereo wasn't fixed, 2) second set of keys and
>valet key were not in yet, 3) convertible cover was not ordered, 4) trim
>around the door handle wasn't addressed 5) visor wasn't replaced "because
>Jaguar sent them the wrong part." 6) now the rear view mirror is loose as if
>the car suffered a heavy impact or was driven a long distance down a dirt
>road. Caked on white mud is on the inside door panels. For 2 weeks I have
>been strung along by the service manager. When I asked to pick up my car
>until the parts arrived, I was repeatedly told the seats were taken apart
>and awaiting a headrest motor from Jaguar so I could not pick it up. Jaguar
>Parts Department told me their delivery takes a week at most and parts can
>be overnighted for a nominal cost of $6 per item. I was lied to that my car
>was ready except for the headrest motors. I was also lied to about the extra
>set of keys being there. Despite involvement of Operations Manager Adam
>Warner and General Manager Theresa, my vehicle is still not fixed. I have
>lost many hours work, suffered grief, and have had to pay $606 payment for a
>car I was only able to drive a few days. I am releasing this to the Media,
>posting my story on Internet consumer protection websites, forums and
>newsgroups to get together a class action lawsuit. I am registering a
>complaint with the Attorney General's Office and State Attorney's Office, as
>I suspect foul play.
>As it is impossible to trust CARMAX, I want all further repairs to be done
>at Alpine Jaguar. I want Jaguar to inspect the car for accident/abuse
>damage. Compensation for my monthly payment to Capital One for $606. My lost
>time and wages estimated at 6 hours at $150 an hour. Grief and punitive
>damages will be addressed in another arena.
>
>Stephen Horrillo

If this teaches you anything then it must be DON'T BUY A FORD of any
description.

You seem to be the type of person that does not inspect or test drive all the
car and it toys before buying and then spend $$$$ for a load of crap.

Cavet Emptor is the words that should be ringing in your ears now. fortunately
we have laws in the UK that minimise this type of thing but we still have
******S (jerks) that ignore all warnings.

Why didn't you ask for the name and address of the previous owner?

Why didn't you get a professional check on the vehicle?

Why didn't you buy a BMW?

Old June 15th 07, 10:38 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:18:27 GMT, "Dom" <u35099@uwe> wrote:

>You must be one of the few POMS not to visit Florida- Bmw's are as useful
>here as a Ferrari in Manhatten rush hour. And beyond warranty the costs are
>eye-watering ($300 for a battery, $1500 for rotors that can't be shaved etc.)

I thought we didn't top post here?

Obviously you shop at the wrong stores. Or really is it just KNOCK BMW because
you ****ed up!

Old June 16th 07, 01:47 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dan[_17_]

Stephen Horrillo wrote:
> The following is from a complaint I just register with the BBB. If you've
> had similar problems please contact me...
> I purchased a Jaguar XKR from CARMAX's Davie Store on 5/19/07. At which time
> I noticed several problems with the car that needed to be fixed. I reported
> the issues and left the car with them for repair. When I picked up the car I
> noticed that most of my issues were not addressed. While waiting for parts
> to arrive for the second round of repairs, I took the car home for a few
> days. I found numerous other repair issues. I found 12 warrantee issues.
> When I brought the car back I gave the Service Manager, Sammy Warnamally a
> printed list, and copies of CARMAX's certification form showing why these
> items were covered. I brought my car in on 6/1/07. When I got my car back 14
> DAYS later discovered 1) stereo wasn't fixed, 2) second set of keys and
> valet key were not in yet, 3) convertible cover was not ordered, 4) trim
> around the door handle wasn't addressed 5) visor wasn't replaced "because
> Jaguar sent them the wrong part." 6) now the rear view mirror is loose as if
> the car suffered a heavy impact or was driven a long distance down a dirt
> road. Caked on white mud is on the inside door panels. For 2 weeks I have
> been strung along by the service manager. When I asked to pick up my car
> until the parts arrived, I was repeatedly told the seats were taken apart
> and awaiting a headrest motor from Jaguar so I could not pick it up. Jaguar
> Parts Department told me their delivery takes a week at most and parts can
> be overnighted for a nominal cost of $6 per item. I was lied to that my car
> was ready except for the headrest motors. I was also lied to about the extra
> set of keys being there. Despite involvement of Operations Manager Adam
> Warner and General Manager Theresa, my vehicle is still not fixed. I have
> lost many hours work, suffered grief, and have had to pay $606 payment for a
> car I was only able to drive a few days. I am releasing this to the Media,
> posting my story on Internet consumer protection websites, forums and
> newsgroups to get together a class action lawsuit. I am registering a
> complaint with the Attorney General's Office and State Attorney's Office, as
> I suspect foul play.
> As it is impossible to trust CARMAX, I want all further repairs to be done
> at Alpine Jaguar. I want Jaguar to inspect the car for accident/abuse
> damage. Compensation for my monthly payment to Capital One for $606. My lost
> time and wages estimated at 6 hours at $150 an hour. Grief and punitive
> damages will be addressed in another arena.
>
> Stephen Horrillo

$150/hour?? If you really make $312,000/year you shouldn't be shopping
at Carmax.
Old June 16th 07, 01:56 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dean Dark

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 00:47:02 GMT, Dan > wrote:

>$150/hour?? If you really make $312,000/year you shouldn't be shopping
>at Carmax.

It's a naive and common mistake to assume that an hourly rate equates
to the mechanic being paid at that rate for the whole year. It's an
even more naive and foolish mistake to fail to account for the
operating expenses of the business.

I'm not defending Carmax or anyone else, I'm just pointing out that
there's more to what you pay than just what the grease monkey gets in
his pocket.

Think about it.
--
Dan.
Old June 16th 07, 12:16 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Steve Firth[_2_]

> wrote in message get a professional check on the
vehicle?

> Why didn't you buy a BMW?

maybe he's not a nasty,pushy, arrogant little jerk who enjoys driving with
his front fog lights on?

Old June 16th 07, 01:35 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 11:16:11 GMT, "Steve Firth" >
wrote:

> wrote in message get a professional check on the
>vehicle?
>>
>> Why didn't you buy a BMW?

>maybe he's not a nasty,pushy, arrogant little jerk who enjoys driving with
>his front fog lights on?

Eh? Are you not mistaking BMW drivers for VOLVO drivers. It is the Swedish car
maker - Oops! US owned by FORD - Volvo drivers are obliged to drive with their
headlamps on at all time so we expert drivers (no matter what we are driving)
can be aware of a complete **** wit coming towards us and to take appropriate
evasive action that also stopping, parking up or even hiding in the
undergrowth..

BTW not fog lights but ultra bright parking lights and they come on when the
ignition is energized. Volvo also supply blinkers as used on horses for use by
the driver so they will not see anything else other than where they are going.
To this end the handbook clearly states to ignore any distraction employed by
other road uses to attract you attention to dangers or dangerous behaviour by
yourself. Ignore all traffic signals and NEVER stop at road junctions or
give-way to other road users no matter how old, infirm or pushing a pram.

It also states that you must treat every car park as if it were a race track and
if multi-story all entry and exit ramps must be considers as the equivalent as
the banking at Indianapolis Motor Speedway or Daytona Speedway.