"BMW takes X5 to new levels"

Old January 6th 07, 04:40 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Mike

Default "BMW takes X5 to new levels"

BMW takes X5 to new levels
I believe the new X5 will not disappoint; in fact, it will surprise a
current X5 owner and those new to BMW or the sport activity vehicle
category.
at http://www.washtimes.com/autoweekend...2038-8730r.htm

Old January 8th 07, 06:40 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Milleniumaire

As an owner of a 2004 X5 I can safely say I won't be buying the new
model. Reliability has been a big problem with this car and I have
experienced one issue after another. I also have a 2001 530i which has
been superb, however BMW have ruined the 5 series by restyling it.

I plan on replacing my 530i with a Jaguar XKR in April and once the
dealers have sorted the current problem (dodgy fuel gauge - it has run
out of diesel twice now) with the X5 I will consider getting rid of
that also. I doubt that I will be buying another BMW for a long time.

Old January 9th 07, 01:43 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
SunK

I agree...I had BMWs for 10 years but reliability has been a problem
across all that I have owned..for my next car it will either be an
Acura or Lexus..(less sport but more reliable)..

Old January 9th 07, 10:27 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
John Burns

> I plan on replacing my 530i with a Jaguar XKR in April

I've heard they are very unreliable, from someone who works at a jaguar
dealer.

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!
www.Strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible price
Old January 9th 07, 02:41 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

I thought you wanted a more reliable car. Certainly Jaguar isn't in
that category. My brother-in-law's XKR practically lives in the
dealer's garage. Sooooo many problems here and there. Like BMW's, one
owns a Jaguar because of its style, heritage, performance, etc. -
definitely not because it's reliable.

Old January 11th 07, 08:08 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Milleniumaire

Looking at reviews etc on the web the Jaguar XKR gets a good rating for
performance and reliability. I haven't managed to find any negative
feedback. Having never owned a Jag I can't comment, but I certainly
get the impression that since Ford took over things have improved
dramatically.

It can't be any worse than a BMW for which I have lots of experience!

Our X5 goes back to the dealers today (for the 3rd time in 3 weeks)
with a faulty fuel gauge, dead leds on the trip computer/radio and
bolts left lying around on the back seat from when they last had the
car.

Old January 16th 07, 07:09 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Marco Mariano (Pena)

Sorry to hear about your X5. I heard a lot of bad experiences about
that car but based on your comment about bolts lying around the
backseat - maybe it's time for a new shop. Check out some independent
service centers too. Dealers (or should I say stealers) aren't
necessarily the best shop you can bring your car for service.

Old July 2nd 07, 12:34 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Rick Campbell

My wife and I both prefer the old X5 over the new. The new one seems to
float, even with the sport package, whereas in the old ones you were in
touch with the road. The new one feels like a cadillac. With so much
computer power in it, I hope someone figures out how to program it so it
rides and feels like the old one.

ps.com...