problem with handsfree on new Accord

Old October 15th 12, 03:01 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
JRStern

Default problem with handsfree on new Accord

INCOMING CALLS don't work - the answer function does not respond.

----

OK, my *car* is new 2013, but my phone is antique (about three years
old, I think), an LG VX8360. I think - no model number on the phone
itself! I have the original instruction book, I think.

http://www.handsfreelink.com/hondana/index.php

It is not listed as "compatible" on this site.

http://www.handsfreelink.com/hondana...model= Accord
Sedan&years=2013&vehicle_id=811&manufacturer=105&c arrier=&searchtype=manufacturer&archive=&start=0

(the phone model *is* listed as compatible for the 2011 CRZ!)

When I bought the car, the sales rep helped me pair the phone, we
tried an outgoing call, and that worked.

I assumed I was home free. Of course it hasn't worked out that way.

INCOMING CALLS don't work - the answer function does not respond.

(I think it might work if I press Answer on the phone, haven't tried
that yet)

Any other suggestions?

Maybe a secret setting on the phone? My old LG had some kind of
auto-answer setting (whatever it did), but I can't even find that on
the new one.

Any place to feedback to Verizon, LG, or Honda about such issues?

--

OK so I'm a primitive, this is the first time I've tried to make this
work with a cell phone and a car!

Thanks,

J.

ps - as to the car itself, I'm really liking it, a lot smoother than
the previous model.

Old October 15th 12, 03:24 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
JRStern

On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 19:01:59 -0700, JRStern >
wrote:

>INCOMING CALLS don't work - the answer function does not respond.

Aha, I finally found the Tools/Call Settings/Auto Answer w Handsfree.

I don't really want auto-answer, but maybe it will help?

Also found this site to ask Honda:
http://automobiles.honda.com/handsfreelink/support.aspx

Will try ASAP, tomorrow.

J.

Old October 15th 12, 07:46 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
tlvp

On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 19:24:57 -0700, JRStern wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 19:01:59 -0700, JRStern >
> wrote:
>
>>INCOMING CALLS don't work - the answer function does not respond.

> Aha, I finally found the Tools/Call Settings/Auto Answer w Handsfree.
>
> I don't really want auto-answer, but maybe it will help?
>
> Also found this site to ask Honda:
> http://automobiles.honda.com/handsfreelink/support.aspx
>
> Will try ASAP, tomorrow.
>
> J.

Unless you're doing this so a *passenger" can answer, give it up: you'll
never really be answering a phone and driving at the same time -- you'll
either be driving, or answering the phone and not really driving at all
(just going through the motions of driving, attention all elsewhere).

HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp
Old October 15th 12, 01:16 PM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
dgk

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 02:46:46 -0400, tlvp >
wrote:

>On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 19:24:57 -0700, JRStern wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 19:01:59 -0700, JRStern >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>INCOMING CALLS don't work - the answer function does not respond.

>> Aha, I finally found the Tools/Call Settings/Auto Answer w Handsfree.
>>
>> I don't really want auto-answer, but maybe it will help?
>>
>> Also found this site to ask Honda:
>> http://automobiles.honda.com/handsfreelink/support.aspx
>>
>> Will try ASAP, tomorrow.
>>
>> J.

>Unless you're doing this so a *passenger" can answer, give it up: you'll
>never really be answering a phone and driving at the same time -- you'll
>either be driving, or answering the phone and not really driving at all
>(just going through the motions of driving, attention all elsewhere).
>
>HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp

There IS something about being on a phone which is just different than
having a conversation with a passenger or listening to the radio. I
figure that maybe it has something to do with a passenger knowing when
you need to concentrate on driving and they shut up while a caller
just keeps talking and your attention is divided.

I sure try not to use the phone when I'm driving but it is hard to
just ignore calls.
Old October 15th 12, 04:22 PM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Justin[_8_]

dgk wrote on [Mon, 15 Oct 2012 08:16:26 -0400]:
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 02:46:46 -0400, tlvp >
> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 19:24:57 -0700, JRStern wrote:

>>> Aha, I finally found the Tools/Call Settings/Auto Answer w Handsfree.
>>>
>>> I don't really want auto-answer, but maybe it will help?
>>>
>>> Also found this site to ask Honda:
>>> http://automobiles.honda.com/handsfreelink/support.aspx
>>>
>>> Will try ASAP, tomorrow.
>>>
>>> J.

>>Unless you're doing this so a *passenger" can answer, give it up: you'll
>>never really be answering a phone and driving at the same time -- you'll
>>either be driving, or answering the phone and not really driving at all
>>(just going through the motions of driving, attention all elsewhere).
>>
>>HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp

> There IS something about being on a phone which is just different than
> having a conversation with a passenger or listening to the radio. I
> figure that maybe it has something to do with a passenger knowing when
> you need to concentrate on driving and they shut up while a caller
> just keeps talking and your attention is divided.
>
> I sure try not to use the phone when I'm driving but it is hard to
> just ignore calls.

Whether hands-free or not, there are several studies that show talking on
the phone while driving is the same as driving while drunk
Old October 15th 12, 07:45 PM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
cameo

On 10/15/2012 5:16 AM, dgk wrote:
> There IS something about being on a phone which is just different than
> having a conversation with a passenger or listening to the radio. I
> figure that maybe it has something to do with a passenger knowing when
> you need to concentrate on driving and they shut up while a caller
> just keeps talking and your attention is divided.
>
> I sure try not to use the phone when I'm driving but it is hard to
> just ignore calls.

To a large extent it depends on the traffic situation. Driving on busy
street is quite different from driving in a calm freway traffic. Leaving
decent distance after a car, instead of tailgating, is also a major
factor. Many accidentt are caused by taigaters.

Old October 15th 12, 09:21 PM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Richard B. Gilbert

On 10/15/2012 11:22 AM, Justin wrote:
> dgk wrote on [Mon, 15 Oct 2012 08:16:26 -0400]:
>> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 02:46:46 -0400, tlvp >
>> wrote:

>>> Unless you're doing this so a *passenger" can answer, give it up: you'll
>>> never really be answering a phone and driving at the same time -- you'll
>>> either be driving, or answering the phone and not really driving at all
>>> (just going through the motions of driving, attention all elsewhere).
>>>
>>> HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp

>> There IS something about being on a phone which is just different than
>> having a conversation with a passenger or listening to the radio. I
>> figure that maybe it has something to do with a passenger knowing when
>> you need to concentrate on driving and they shut up while a caller
>> just keeps talking and your attention is divided.
>>
>> I sure try not to use the phone when I'm driving but it is hard to
>> just ignore calls.

> Whether hands-free or not, there are several studies that show talking on
> the phone while driving is the same as driving while drunk

If my phone rings while I'm driving, I will either hand the phone to my
wife or pull over to the side of the road and stop. Since I hit
retirement age, I don't get very many phone calls on my mobile phone!

While I was working I would pull over to the right side with blinkers on
and either answer my phone or, my page.

One evening, I was driving home from the roller skating, my pager went
off just as I turned onto the On-Ramp. If that wasn't enough, a police
patrol car pulled up behind me at the bottom of the on-ramp and wanted
to know if I had a problem. Thanks officer, I now have two problems. <sigh>

Old October 15th 12, 11:08 PM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Paul Miner

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:21:04 -0400, "Richard B. Gilbert"
> wrote:

>One evening, I was driving home from the roller skating, my pager went
>off just as I turned onto the On-Ramp. If that wasn't enough, a police
>patrol car pulled up behind me at the bottom of the on-ramp and wanted
>to know if I had a problem. Thanks officer, I now have two problems. <sigh>

Did the officer let you go when you mentioned you were talking to your
travel agent? I hear that sometimes works.

--
Paul Miner
Old October 15th 12, 11:09 PM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Justin[_8_]

Paul Miner wrote on [Mon, 15 Oct 2012 17:08:07 -0500]:
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:21:04 -0400, "Richard B. Gilbert"
> > wrote:
>
>>One evening, I was driving home from the roller skating, my pager went
>>off just as I turned onto the On-Ramp. If that wasn't enough, a police
>>patrol car pulled up behind me at the bottom of the on-ramp and wanted
>>to know if I had a problem. Thanks officer, I now have two problems. <sigh>

> Did the officer let you go when you mentioned you were talking to your
> travel agent? I hear that sometimes works.

I'd assumed he had lost his buggy whip and was looking for a switch
Old October 16th 12, 12:33 AM posted to alt.cellular.verizon,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
JRStern

wrote:

>On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 19:24:57 -0700, JRStern wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 19:01:59 -0700, JRStern >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>INCOMING CALLS don't work - the answer function does not respond.

>> Aha, I finally found the Tools/Call Settings/Auto Answer w Handsfree.
>>
>> I don't really want auto-answer, but maybe it will help?
>>
>> Also found this site to ask Honda:
>> http://automobiles.honda.com/handsfreelink/support.aspx
>>
>> Will try ASAP, tomorrow.
>>
>> J.

>Unless you're doing this so a *passenger" can answer, give it up: you'll
>never really be answering a phone and driving at the same time -- you'll
>either be driving, or answering the phone and not really driving at all
>(just going through the motions of driving, attention all elsewhere).
>
>HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp

At least with the hands-free it's legal.

I agree with all the negatives, but sometimes you want to receive or
make a quick call when you're running late, that sort of thing.

J.

96 accord a/c problem Rocky[_2_] Honda 4 August 22nd 06 11:24 AM
'92 Accord problem [email protected] Honda 4 May 10th 06 03:09 PM
93 Accord EX A/C Problem UKALUM Honda 1 March 14th 06 03:49 AM
Problem with 93 Accord chefkojak Honda 12 February 26th 06 02:19 AM
GSM mic with Nokia handsfree? Glenn Richards Audi 1 December 26th 04 12:48 PM