Woman Accused of Drunk Driving a Horse

Old March 1st 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Woman Accused of Drunk Driving a Horse

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/13/1385.asp

Georgia: Woman Accused of Drunk Driving a Horse
Clayton, Georgia applies DUI statute to a woman riding a horse.

Horse DUIThe Georgia State Patrol has charged Heather Darnell, 22, with the
crime of driving a horse under the influence. Last Friday at 10:30pm a 1993
Pontiac Bonneville struck Darnell's horse on US 441 near Steoka Falls and
Bethel Roads in the city of Clayton as Darnell attempted to cross the road.
Police claim she was drunk at the time.

Darnell was rushed by a Lifeflight helicopter to Gwinett Medical Center for
urgent treatment. Passengers in the Bonneville suffered less serious
injuries. The horse is believed to have survived the incident.

Darnell now faces up to a year in prison, fines of $1000 plus court costs,
40 hours of community service, and a one-year automobile license
suspension.
Old March 1st 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
MLOM

On Mar 1, 2:53 pm, Gogarty > wrote:
> In article 01>,
> says...
>

> >http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/13/1385.asp

> >Georgia: Woman Accused of Drunk Driving a Horse
> >Clayton, Georgia applies DUI statute to a woman riding a horse.

> >Horse DUIThe Georgia State Patrol has charged Heather Darnell, 22, with the
> >crime of driving a horse under the influence. Last Friday at 10:30pm a 1993
> >Pontiac Bonneville struck Darnell's horse on US 441 near Steoka Falls and
> >Bethel Roads in the city of Clayton as Darnell attempted to cross the road.
> >Police claim she was drunk at the time.

> >Darnell was rushed by a Lifeflight helicopter to Gwinett Medical Center for
> >urgent treatment. Passengers in the Bonneville suffered less serious
> >injuries. The horse is believed to have survived the incident.

> >Darnell now faces up to a year in prison, fines of $1000 plus court costs,
> >40 hours of community service, and a one-year automobile license
> >suspension.

> This country seems hell-bent on reducing its inhabitants to just two classes
> -- one half in prison and the other half watching them. Do you need a
> driver's license to drive a horse?- Hide quoted text -

See this thread for my estimate of the situation.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...86f0ad15973e4e

It will be more a 90-10 proportion: the 10% being government officials
and the other 90% being inmates.

Old March 1st 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

On Mar 1, 3:26 pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/13/1385.asp
>
> Georgia: Woman Accused of Drunk Driving a Horse
> Clayton, Georgia applies DUI statute to a woman riding a horse.
>
> Horse DUIThe Georgia State Patrol has charged Heather Darnell, 22, with the
> crime of driving a horse under the influence.

Who was under the influence?? Heather, or, the horse?

Old March 1st 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
MLOM

On Mar 1, 3:20 pm, "Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names"
> wrote:
> On Mar 1, 3:26 pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
>
> > wrote:
> >http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/13/1385.asp

> > Georgia: Woman Accused of Drunk Driving a Horse
> > Clayton, Georgia applies DUI statute to a woman riding a horse.

> > Horse DUIThe Georgia State Patrol has charged Heather Darnell, 22, with the
> > crime of driving a horse under the influence.

> Who was under the influence?? Heather, or, the horse?
>

> > Last Friday at 10:30pm a 1993
> > Pontiac Bonneville struck Darnell's horse on US 441 near Steoka Falls and
> > Bethel Roads in the city of Clayton as Darnell attempted to cross the road.
> > Police claim she was drunk at the time.

> > Darnell was rushed by a Lifeflight helicopter to Gwinett Medical Center for
> > urgent treatment. Passengers in the Bonneville suffered less serious
> > injuries. The horse is believed to have survived the incident.

> > Darnell now faces up to a year in prison, fines of $1000 plus court costs,
> > 40 hours of community service, and a one-year automobile license
> > suspension.- Hide quoted text -

SADDAM...the information in the linked article is 5 months old.

Old March 1st 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Gogarty wrote:

[snip]

> This country seems hell-bent on reducing its inhabitants to just two classes
> -- one half in prison and the other half watching them. Do you need a
> driver's license to drive a horse?

Even more important: Does the horse have to pass an emissions test?

--
Paul Hovnanian
Disclaimer: This publication is the sole property of monkey #108765
Old March 1st 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Brent P[_1_]

>>Horse DUIThe Georgia State Patrol has charged Heather Darnell, 22, with the
>>crime of driving a horse under the influence.

Does this mean it was the horse that was drunk?

>> Last Friday at 10:30pm a 1993
>>Pontiac Bonneville struck Darnell's horse on US 441 near Steoka Falls and
>>Bethel Roads in the city of Clayton as Darnell attempted to cross the road.
>>Police claim she was drunk at the time.

You would think the horse would know better.

>>Darnell was rushed by a Lifeflight helicopter to Gwinett Medical Center for
>>urgent treatment. Passengers in the Bonneville suffered less serious
>>injuries. The horse is believed to have survived the incident.

Believed? Did it just vanish into fat air? If it was dead, it would still
be there or close by.

>>Darnell now faces up to a year in prison, fines of $1000 plus court costs,
>>40 hours of community service, and a one-year automobile license
>>suspension.

> This country seems hell-bent on reducing its inhabitants to just two classes
> -- one half in prison and the other half watching them. Do you need a
> driver's license to drive a horse?

There have been a couple stories where someone has done something stupid
on a bicycle but never had a driver's license. The judges made the person
get one os it could be suspended.

You have to remember it is neo-prohibitionism, pretty much everything
after having been drinking is some sort of crime.

Old March 1st 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
David Johnston

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 15:53:29 -0500, Gogarty >
wrote:

>This country seems hell-bent on reducing its inhabitants to just two classes
>-- one half in prison and the other half watching them. Do you need a
>driver's license to drive a horse?

Just because she could in theory be imprisoned doesn't mean she is
likely to be.

Old March 1st 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Speeders & Drunk
Drivers are MURDERERS, the biggest idiot and kid porn lover on usenet,
spewed forth this garbage in rec.autos.driving:

<< ECP removed >>

> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/13/1385.asp
>
> Georgia: Woman Accused of Drunk Driving a Horse
> Clayton, Georgia applies DUI statute to a woman riding a horse.

Only in Georgia.... <roll eyes>

--
Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend defends a known *DRUNK DRIVER*:

"Teddy went off a single lane bridge with no guard rail at night.
The real killer was the idiot who built the bridge. Next question."
--Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/laura bush - VEHICULAR
HOMICIDE
June 20th, 2006
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/zlnyz
Message ID:
Old March 1st 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Eeyore

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/13/1385.asp
>
> Georgia: Woman Accused of Drunk Driving a Horse
> Clayton, Georgia applies DUI statute to a woman riding a horse.

Is this a sign that the morons are now resolutely in charge ?

Graham

Old March 1st 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Eeyore

Gogarty wrote:

> Do you need a driver's license to drive a horse?

Last time I had reason to think about it, horses were sentient creatures capable
of managing their ambulation unaided by any human input..

Graham