Ridgeline first year woes...?

Old March 17th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Jazz

Default Ridgeline first year woes...?

Without my wife's knowledge, I am thinking of getting a Ridgeline...
if nothing else, I am just toying with the idea for giggles...

I have heard of many problems with any car company's first production
year of a new model...

Are there any owners of a 2006 Ridgeline (I think 2006 was the first
year for it) that have experienced any issues with the Ridgeline?

We are a honda family. Ive owned an 88 accord, a 97 accord, and we
currently have a 2003 accord. We have always been happy with Honda...
but ya never know with a new model...

Thanks in advance!
Jazz Mann

Old March 18th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Ed

"Jazz" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Without my wife's knowledge, I am thinking of getting a Ridgeline...
> if nothing else, I am just toying with the idea for giggles...
>
> I have heard of many problems with any car company's first production
> year of a new model...
>
> Are there any owners of a 2006 Ridgeline (I think 2006 was the first
> year for it) that have experienced any issues with the Ridgeline?
>
> We are a honda family. Ive owned an 88 accord, a 97 accord, and we
> currently have a 2003 accord. We have always been happy with Honda...
> but ya never know with a new model...
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Jazz Mann

Thirteen months, 13,000 miles. No problems except radio antenna, which was
promptly repaired by dealer. Great, tough little truck. I would buy another
one.

Problem is, wife may take the Ridgeline away from you once she drives it.

Ed

Old March 18th 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On Mar 16, 8:42 pm, "Jazz" > wrote:
> Without my wife's knowledge, I am thinking of getting aRidgeline...
> if nothing else, I am just toying with the idea for giggles...
>
> I have heard of many problems with any car company's first production
> year of a new model...
>
> Are there any owners of a 2006Ridgeline(I think 2006 was the first
> year for it) that have experienced any issues with theRidgeline?
>
> We are ahondafamily. Ive owned an 88 accord, a 97 accord, and we
> currently have a 2003 accord. We have always been happy withHonda...
> but ya never know with a new model...
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Jazz Mann

You need to check out the ridgeline owners club (ROC) -- do a search
on ridgeline owners club. There is a tremendous amount of information
there. I too have been thinking about buying one, but there have been
leak issues (water leaks) in the cabin and a few other items regarding
lack of build quality (compared to traditional honda expectations).
Consumer Reports has it as only Average (better than most, but not
honda standards again). But check out the Roc.

Old March 18th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Jazz

Good call ROC, sounds alot like the F-series Fords when they came out
with the new design. My boss has one and his cabin leaks in the back
near the rear window. When I saw it I said (to myself) "Typical
American quality" so I dont want to eat those words if/when I buy a
Ridgeline.

Thanks for your info as well Ed.

Old March 19th 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Kent Finnell

"Jazz" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Good call ROC, sounds alot like the F-series Fords when they came out
> with the new design. My boss has one and his cabin leaks in the back
> near the rear window. When I saw it I said (to myself) "Typical
> American quality" so I dont want to eat those words if/when I buy a
> Ridgeline.
>
> Thanks for your info as well Ed.

Be aware that all brand specific newsgroups and "fan" web sites are going to
have far more negative posts than positive. People who are ****ed off post
their gripes more often than those who are satisfied.

--
Kent Finnell
From the Music City USA

Old March 19th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Art[_1_]

My 2005 Odyssey is only rated average too for repairs by Consumer reports
but so far it has been perfect.

ups.com...

Old March 19th 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Art[_1_]

Correction... it is a 2006 bought when they first came out late 2005.

ink.net...

Ridgeline radio ed[_4_] Honda 2 January 3rd 07 12:13 AM
ANY RIDGELINE OWNER'S OUT HERE? Tall Oak Honda 16 December 10th 06 07:14 PM
Ridgeline Stan Dupp Honda 16 May 1st 06 02:29 AM
Honda Ridgeline mudmonkey Honda 8 January 25th 05 07:41 AM
It has a name...Ridgeline Nobody Honda 13 December 26th 04 04:02 PM