Please help. Grant GT Steering Wheel Hub Adapter

Old August 9th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Please help. Grant GT Steering Wheel Hub Adapter

Can anyone please help. I'm not a retard, and wasn't born yesterday.
Maybe someone with EMPI catalogue or knowledge can help. I want this
nice black 13in Grant GT steering wheel in my 1960 euro bug. It needs a
hub adapter.. They offer three at CIP1.com

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails....13%2D79%2D4036

Their is the wheel, and at the bottom they display 3 adapters.. 2 says
for a 60-.. but when you open they say for 60 ghia, etc.. nothing about
a 60 bug.. Do they not make an adapter for my 60 Bug?

Here's the hub adapters.. by EMPI.

https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails...13%2D79%2D4015

https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails...13%2D79%2D4016

The item numbers are.

C13-79-4015
C13-79-4016

Why you may ask.. I found a great deal on that wheel used, just need
the hub adapter.

Old August 10th 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
anton[_1_]

you can still run grant w/o that adapter. I think the adapter is
really to cancelation working for the turn sig switch

Anton

Old August 10th 06, 01:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

anton wrote:
> you can still run grant w/o that adapter. I think the adapter is
> really to cancelation working for the turn sig switch
>
> Anton

The hub adapter is absolutely needed. The extension kit probably is
too.

Grant part number 3565 is the adapter kit number.
http://www.grantproducts.com/grant.fm$retrieve?partnum=3565&html=grantdetail
If the wheel is flat (less than 1/2" dish), then you also need part
number 4000, ext. kit so that you don't skin your knuckles everytime
you turn the wheel.
http://www.grantproducts.com/grant.fm$retrieve?seqnum=126925&html=grantdetail

You can order these through just about any auto parts store. You may
get lucky and find them in stock. CIP's prices seem kinda steep. Notice
the MSRP on the Grant links I posted above.

Old August 10th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
anton[_1_]

wrote:
> anton wrote:
> > you can still run grant w/o that adapter. I think the adapter is
> > really to cancelation working for the turn sig switch
> >
> > Anton

> The hub adapter is absolutely needed. The extension kit probably is
> too.
>
> Grant part number 3565 is the adapter kit number.
> http://www.grantproducts.com/grant.fm$retrieve?partnum=3565&html=grantdetail
> If the wheel is flat (less than 1/2" dish), then you also need part
> number 4000, ext. kit so that you don't skin your knuckles everytime
> you turn the wheel.
> http://www.grantproducts.com/grant.fm$retrieve?seqnum=126925&html=grantdetail
>
> You can order these through just about any auto parts store. You may
> get lucky and find them in stock. CIP's prices seem kinda steep. Notice
> the MSRP on the Grant links I posted above.

3565 - is what you would normaly expect the wheel to come with. I have
grant wheel too and this is the one I used. Steering wheel does sit
closer to the dash but not too close. also this is the wheel simular to
the one i have:

http://www.grantproducts.com/grant.fm$retrieve?seqnum=126650&html=grantdetail
very little dish.

either way, i don't think grant extention is the same thing as adapter
sold by cip. There are special adapters for runing aftermarket wheels
on acvw to keep turn sig cancel functionality.

Best Regards,
Anton

Old August 10th 06, 09:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

I hope the OP knows what to do.

Old August 10th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Thanks so much everyone. Looking at the links now. Anton, you speak of
turn signal canceling? Did a 1960 have that? Mine never cancels, I have
to shut it off manually everytime. Also out of those that reccomend
3565, that is for the 1960 bug right?

I just got done looking, now where am I to find that kit? I've tried
the Grant online, and they listed sellers like Stylin Concepts, etc..
none of them had it.

Old August 10th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Nevermind.. Thanks everyone!! Found it at streetbeats.. for $16!!

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/grt3565-sy.html

Old August 11th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
anton[_1_]

fyi ur local flaps of your choice should have em. not sure about the
price.

anton