No cold Air From 2000 Chrysler T&C's Air Cond.

Old August 4th 15, 10:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dan Gove

Default No cold Air From 2000 Chrysler T&C's Air Cond.

Hello Everyone,
The air conditioner on my 2000 Chrysler Town and Country stopped
putting out cold air the other day. It had been working fine up until
that point but now only puts out warm air. Someone suggested checking
the in cabin AC filter which I will do but considering the AC isn't
putting out any cold air I'm assuming it's something else? My question
is, is this the type of thing that should be checked out by a
certified Chrysler shop or can any reputable auto repair shop fix
this? Thanks in advance for any info.

Dan
Old August 5th 15, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
greybuck

On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 3:22:52 PM UTC-6, Dan Gove wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> The air conditioner on my 2000 Chrysler Town and Country stopped
> putting out cold air the other day. It had been working fine up until
> that point but now only puts out warm air. Someone suggested checking
> the in cabin AC filter which I will do but considering the AC isn't
> putting out any cold air I'm assuming it's something else? My question
> is, is this the type of thing that should be checked out by a
> certified Chrysler shop or can any reputable auto repair shop fix
> this? Thanks in advance for any info.
>
> Dan

I would suggest checking the compressor to see if it is engaging. With the engine running, and the A/C on, the compressor clutch should engage. If it doesn't, it's most likely because the refrigerant is low. A sensor prevents the clutch from engaging if the system is low on refrigerant.

If if there is a leak, I would suggest starting with the connections on the compressor. I had a Voyager where the "O" rings went bad. The shop replaced those, and then recharged the system. It was still working, when I got rid of the van 11 years later.

Kirk M

Old August 5th 15, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Tue, 04 Aug 2015 17:22:45 -0400, Dan Gove >
wrote:

>Hello Everyone,
>The air conditioner on my 2000 Chrysler Town and Country stopped
>putting out cold air the other day. It had been working fine up until
>that point but now only puts out warm air. Someone suggested checking
>the in cabin AC filter which I will do but considering the AC isn't
>putting out any cold air I'm assuming it's something else? My question
>is, is this the type of thing that should be checked out by a
>certified Chrysler shop or can any reputable auto repair shop fix
>this? Thanks in advance for any info.
>
>Dan

You don't need to go to go the dealer for repairs but you should go to
a shop that regularly does AC repair.

Fuse blowing on 2000 Chrysler Cirrus when cold KirkM Chrysler 0 December 28th 10 05:34 AM
Fuse blowing on 2000 Chrysler Cirrus when cold KirkM Chrysler 1 December 19th 10 04:24 PM
Repost by request of Hp: 1962 Chrysler 300H Hardtop with Factory Air Cond. Tan 4-Bucket Interior Caramel (300 Club at WPC Museum) N.jpg 363333 bytes HEMI-Powered@[email protected] Auto Photos 0 April 10th 08 05:52 PM
2000 E320 cold start dren BMW 0 January 18th 05 12:49 AM
2000 Windstar cold stall swilc0x Technology 6 January 6th 05 04:39 AM