Simulation racing with bumper cars?

Old October 4th 10, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Doe

Default Simulation racing with bumper cars?

Why not combine the realism of a racing simulator with the
outrageous fun of bumper cars? I have Race 07 and apparently it
runs on Steam. But I doubt they have figured out the potential fun
of the combination of simulation racing and bumper cars.

In a prior thread, someone mentioned using another car to brake
before a turn. That would take some skill if the front driver
knows you are there. So he would slow down before the turn. And
the two of you would end up losing lots of time if neither is
willing to cooperate. Or maybe you could wait until someone comes
up behind him Just make sure no one is behind you when going
into a turn.

Sounds like lots of fun to me. I really enjoy the simulation, but
I also enjoy bumping into the other cars when racing against the
computer.
Old October 4th 10, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Remco Moedt[_3_]

John Doe wrote:
> Why not combine the realism of a racing simulator with the
> outrageous fun of bumper cars? I have Race 07 and apparently it
> runs on Steam. But I doubt they have figured out the potential fun
> of the combination of simulation racing and bumper cars.
>
> In a prior thread, someone mentioned using another car to brake
> before a turn. That would take some skill if the front driver
> knows you are there. So he would slow down before the turn. And
> the two of you would end up losing lots of time if neither is
> willing to cooperate. Or maybe you could wait until someone comes
> up behind him Just make sure no one is behind you when going
> into a turn.
>
> Sounds like lots of fun to me. I really enjoy the simulation, but
> I also enjoy bumping into the other cars when racing against the
> computer.

You never drove at Monza with Grand Prix Legends on VROC then...

Cheers!

Remco