g25 woes

Old April 8th 10, 12:00 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Lol[_4_]

Default g25 woes

G25 used to work perfectly, but in trying to get a Logitech gamepad to work
for the youngling's foorball game I stupidly installed updated drivers for
that device.
Err.. it was a Logitech, and my G25 now does not initialise on power on. The
found new hardware wizard gives a "problem installing this device" etc.
I remember all this happening when I first got the G25, and was so foolish
as to update the driver to the latest 508. That killed it then in just the
same way. I remember that I only recovered by using a recent Acronis image
backup.

I've just tried that and it didn't work - neither did uninstalling all
Logitech software from add/remove and re-installing the driver that used to
work - v5.0.

Surely it is just a registry entry somewhere - surely somewhere here knows
the problem - and solution??

Many thanks,
Lol

Old April 12th 10, 04:27 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Juarez[_3_]

On 08/04/2010 4:00 AM, Lol wrote:
> G25 used to work perfectly, but in trying to get a Logitech gamepad to work
> for the youngling's foorball game I stupidly installed updated drivers for
> that device.
> Err.. it was a Logitech, and my G25 now does not initialise on power on. The
> found new hardware wizard gives a "problem installing this device" etc.
> I remember all this happening when I first got the G25, and was so foolish
> as to update the driver to the latest 508. That killed it then in just the
> same way. I remember that I only recovered by using a recent Acronis image
> backup.
>
> I've just tried that and it didn't work - neither did uninstalling all
> Logitech software from add/remove and re-installing the driver that used to
> work - v5.0.
>
> Surely it is just a registry entry somewhere - surely somewhere here knows
> the problem - and solution??
>
> Many thanks,
> Lol

Can't you just load a restore point from before installing the gamepad
driver? Logitech gamepads don't need a driver installed because Windows
has drivers built in for gamepads and the game will allow you to
reconfigure which buttons do what. You can just email Logitech and ask
them how to fix it. The two drivers should never conflict anyway so it
is Logitechs fault.
Old April 13th 10, 06:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy[_3_]

you might Google for driver cleaner, we used that a lot to clean out drivers
for video card swapping, there were more settings in that free util.

the latest drivers for the g25, should include the "drivers" needed for the
gamepad, I mean once you got the wheel installed (you set it to ID=0
somewhere), then the pad should be pretty generic, set it to be some other
id # then you should been good to go. I fought this once with Sidewinder
pads and wheels, until I realized, don't buy same MFG stuff (read that as
don't own 2 Logitech game type controllers), you may not have a choice I
know, haven't used a controller other than a wheel in 4 years as I said
because of the frustration you have right now....

Old April 13th 10, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Lol[_4_]

"Juarez" > wrote in message
> On 08/04/2010 4:00 AM, Lol wrote:
>> G25 used to work perfectly, but in trying to get a Logitech gamepad to
>> work
>> for the youngling's foorball game I stupidly installed updated drivers
>> for
>> that device.
>> Err.. it was a Logitech, and my G25 now does not initialise on power on.
>> The
>> found new hardware wizard gives a "problem installing this device" etc.
>> I remember all this happening when I first got the G25, and was so
>> foolish
>> as to update the driver to the latest 508. That killed it then in just
>> the
>> same way. I remember that I only recovered by using a recent Acronis
>> image
>> backup.
>>
>> I've just tried that and it didn't work - neither did uninstalling all
>> Logitech software from add/remove and re-installing the driver that used
>> work - v5.0.
>>
>> Surely it is just a registry entry somewhere - surely somewhere here
>> knows
>> the problem - and solution??
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> Lol
>>

> Can't you just load a restore point from before installing the gamepad
> driver? Logitech gamepads don't need a driver installed because Windows
> has drivers built in for gamepads and the game will allow you to
> reconfigure which buttons do what. You can just email Logitech and ask
> them how to fix it. The two drivers should never conflict anyway so it is
> Logitechs fault.

Thanks for reply.
I already tries system restore and that didn't work, fortunately I take an
Acronis True Image backup about every month so I had to backtrack 2-3 months
until I got one that worked
Unfortunately I can't prove that the cause is Logitech drivers, maybe random
cause and effect that after installing Logitech .508 driver updates any USB
gaming device gives "problem installing this device" message. Windows must
have its own drivers as now that I've found and Acronis backup that gives me
a working wheel no Logitech drivers are installed for either G25 wheel or
gamepad and both working just fine.

Not inclined to experiment further with my pc for Logitech's benefit now
that it is working - just avoid ... avoid ... avoid.

Shame as the G25 is a superb wheel - happy with just LFS and GPL ingame
settings
Thanks,
Lol

SL2 woes. meloyellowjr Saturn 5 March 5th 07 07:56 PM
SL2 woes. meloyellowjr Saturn 1 February 20th 07 12:37 AM
SL2 woes. meloyellowjr Saturn 0 February 19th 07 09:37 PM
AOD woes Howard Nelson Ford Mustang 4 July 21st 06 04:01 AM
Oil Pan Woes Fred Garvin Jeep 5 July 31st 05 01:20 PM