iRacing - My slant

Old September 29th 09, 06:27 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan_Bernardo

Default iRacing - My slant

> * * *My view presently is that the new iteration

"Iteration"? My god, how I hate that word. It ranks right up there
with "resonate" as two of the most overly-used words in the English
language.

Anyhow, I tried iRacing, using that 3-month dealie, and played ONCE.
The game is so restrictive. If I'm paying for something I want to be
able to create my own league and run what I want to run.

Alan
Old September 29th 09, 06:45 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David G Fisher's Left Testicle

'****' is another, Alan.

Old September 29th 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"Alan_Bernardo" > wrote in message
> My view presently is that the new iteration

"Iteration"? My god, how I hate that word. It ranks right up there
with "resonate" as two of the most overly-used words in the English
language.

Anyhow, I tried iRacing, using that 3-month dealie, and played ONCE.
The game is so restrictive. If I'm paying for something I want to be
able to create my own league and run what I want to run.

Alan

I believe that's about 5 weeks away i.e. the next *iteration* of iRacing
with leagues

Personally, after being on iRacing for a few months I wouldn't give you
2 cents for leagues anymore - I race when I please - when it suits me down
to the ground - not according to a restrictive league schedule.

Old September 29th 09, 11:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jelloshooter69

On Sep 29, 12:09*am, GaryR > wrote:
> Nothing compares to it regardless of
> how much ****ing and moaning goes on. You either can afford it or you
> can't. *Stop whining and move on.

not the money, could afford it easily. but you could laser scan a
track and add it to any other game, doesn't change the core aspect of
it. was just showing through the eyes of someone who races regularly
physics arent closer than another. guess it's because there was no
expansion of the core or more important segments of the software which
reflect the necessary items to make it feel and respond correctly.
data points for suspension, aero, shock, tires i guess are much more
detailed in the other software
Old September 30th 09, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan_Bernardo

On Sep 29, 1:45*pm, "David G Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol>
wrote:
> "Alan_Bernardo" > wrote in message

> > My view presently is that the new iteration
> >"Iteration"? *My god, how I hate that word. *It ranks right up there
> >with "resonate" as two of the most overly-used words in the English
> >language.

> '****' is another, Alan.

I like it when people talk big when they are so anonymous. I wonder
if you'd call me that face-to-face?

But don't bother to reply. I blocked you, as I've done before.

Alan
Old September 30th 09, 03:13 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan_Bernardo

On Sep 29, 4:40*pm, "Byron Forbes" > wrote:
> "Alan_Bernardo" > wrote in message

> > My view presently is that the new iteration

> "Iteration"? *My god, how I hate that word. *It ranks right up there
> with "resonate" as two of the most overly-used words in the English
> language.
>
> Anyhow, I tried iRacing, using that 3-month dealie, and played ONCE.
> The game is so restrictive. *If I'm paying for something I want to be
> able to create my own league and run what I want to run.
>
> Alan
>
> * *I believe that's about 5 weeks away i.e. the next *iteration* of iRacing
> with leagues
>
> * * Personally, after being on iRacing for a few months I wouldn't give you
> 2 cents for leagues anymore - I race when I please - when it suits me down
> to the ground - not according to a restrictive league schedule.

By leagues I mean my own league, not something that iRacing creates.
That's one of the reasons I don't mess with iRacing. They want you to
pay for the service and then they tell you when you can race.

Alan
Old September 30th 09, 09:30 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"Alan_Bernardo" > wrote in message
On Sep 29, 4:40 pm, "Byron Forbes" > wrote:
> "Alan_Bernardo" > wrote in message

> > My view presently is that the new iteration

> "Iteration"? My god, how I hate that word. It ranks right up there
> with "resonate" as two of the most overly-used words in the English
> language.
>
> Anyhow, I tried iRacing, using that 3-month dealie, and played ONCE.
> The game is so restrictive. If I'm paying for something I want to be
> able to create my own league and run what I want to run.
>
> Alan
>
> I believe that's about 5 weeks away i.e. the next *iteration* of iRacing
> with leagues
>
> Personally, after being on iRacing for a few months I wouldn't give you
> 2 cents for leagues anymore - I race when I please - when it suits me down
> to the ground - not according to a restrictive league schedule.

By leagues I mean my own league, not something that iRacing creates.
That's one of the reasons I don't mess with iRacing. They want you to
pay for the service and then they tell you when you can race.

Alan

and, as I said, that changes in 5 weeks.

Old September 30th 09, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"jelloshooter69" > wrote in message
On Sep 29, 12:09 am, GaryR > wrote:
> >Nothing compares to it regardless of
> >how much ****ing and moaning goes on. You either can afford it or you
> >can't. Stop whining and move on.

>not the money, could afford it easily. but you could laser scan a
>track and add it to any other game, doesn't change the core aspect of
>it. was just showing through the eyes of someone who races regularly
>physics arent closer than another. guess it's because there was no
>expansion of the core or more important segments of the software which
>reflect the necessary items to make it feel and respond correctly.
>data points for suspension, aero, shock, tires i guess are much more
>detailed in the other software

Well said.

Old October 1st 09, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jelloshooter69

On Sep 30, 5:07*pm, "David G Fisher's Left Testicle" <dfg.myass@aol>
wrote:
> "jelloshooter69" > wrote in message

> On Sep 29, 12:09 am, GaryR > wrote:
>
> > >Nothing compares to it regardless of
> > >how much ****ing and moaning goes on. You either can afford it or you
> > >can't. Stop whining and move on.

> >not the money, could afford it easily. but you could laser scan a
> >track and add it to any other game, doesn't change the core aspect of
> >it. was just showing through the eyes of someone who races regularly
> >physics arent closer than another. guess it's because there was no
> >expansion of the core or more important segments of the software which
> >reflect the necessary items to make it feel and respond correctly.
> >data points for suspension, aero, shock, tires i guess are much more
> >detailed in the other software

> Well said.

really? no ****, dick sucker, ass licker? j/k lol

i said before "iponzi" racing. lol
Old October 1st 09, 07:25 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

wrote:
> "jelloshooter69" > wrote in message

> On Sep 29, 12:09 am, GaryR > wrote:
>
> > >Nothing compares to it regardless of
> > >how much ****ing and moaning goes on. You either can afford it or you
> > >can't. Stop whining and move on.

> >not the money, could afford it easily. but you could laser scan a
> >track and add it to any other game, doesn't change the core aspect of
> >it. was just showing through the eyes of someone who races regularly
> >physics arent closer than another. guess it's because there was no
> >expansion of the core or more important segments of the software which
> >reflect the necessary items to make it feel and respond correctly.
> >data points for suspension, aero, shock, tires i guess are much more
> >detailed in the other software

> Well said.

>really? no ****, dick sucker, ass licker? j/k lol

It's the extremist on both sides that get called that.

Day 28 in the Big iRacing house <-- warning, long and about iRacing Andrew MacPherson Simulators 29 October 1st 08 08:54 AM
slant 6 static timing Jeff[_5_] Dodge 2 June 24th 07 03:09 PM
rebuilding slant 6 engine njot Chrysler 16 May 18th 07 06:26 PM
rebuilding a slant 6 engine njot Chrysler 1 May 16th 07 05:36 PM
Slant Six in Jeep? Bret Ludwig Jeep 20 September 22nd 05 08:23 PM