rFactor: C6-R Corvette

Old June 18th 09, 03:00 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default rFactor: C6-R Corvette

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail...Corvette%20C6R

As my cheap* 3-month stay at iRacing* draws to a close I've been trying to avoid
getting the iBends on the way out. That led me to this mod the other day. At first
it looked and sounded great, but felt a bit weird. Then I messed with the default
setup, stopped spinning every three seconds, and started having some fun.

It's a very nice mod indeed IMO. It makes me realise that iRacing might be onto
something by adding the car (eventually) to their vehicle list.

Having said that, despite the recent spurt in iSignups (after the Nascar
announcement) I still wish iRacing would dump half the content and force everyone
to race in just a few series. There'd be tantrums all over the place, but I think
the overall racing experience would improve for those who didn't die of a
sulk-induced heart attack... as I would if they culled the Skip Barber. :-)

That's a separate issue though. The rFactor Corvette's actually a better ride than
I expected. I take back some of the horrible things I said about US hardware.

Only some of it though. ;-)

Andrew McP

*If you ignore the $200 I blew on extra content in that time!
Old June 19th 09, 10:09 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
hoover

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 15:00 +0100 (BST), Andrew MacPherson wrote:

> That's a separate issue though. The rFactor Corvette's actually a better ride than
> I expected. I take back some of the horrible things I said about US hardware.

I agree, it's a fun ride, I've tested it myself (our own Purdy family
was involved in its creation, I hear ;-) we might race it a couple of
times in our next season which starts in autumn.

Cheers,

Uwe
Old June 19th 09, 01:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

(hoover) wrote:

> I agree, it's a fun ride

It certainly is, though I still need to mess with the gears. Part of the weird feel
I was getting before with this car was down to the very short default settings in
1st-3rd. It messed with my natural shifting rhythm. :-)

And I just, finally, got my act together and worked out how to improve my
Triplehead viewpoint in rFactor. For some reason I thought I'd messed with the
'vertical FOV' before and had no luck... I suspect I was increasing it instead of
decreasing it. But by dropping it to 40 from where it was (60) I've just improved
rFactor by roughly 207%. Now everything just looks 'right' in ultra widescreen
mode.

It really has improved the rExperience greatly, as a quick lap in PCC2007 at the
'Ring just proved (still my favourite car/track combination at the moment). I think
going Triplehead was the best sim money I ever spent on my PC, and this just
re-confirms that. I sometimes drop back to 1680x1050 and wonder how I used to
manage.

Thank goodness for cheap monitors! Such wasteful consumption may be burning
resources at an unnecessary rate, polluting China beyond all hope of redemption,
and damning us in the eyes of the next few generations, but... But sometimes it's
almost worth it! :-)

Andrew McP
Old July 1st 09, 08:55 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
the world according to me

Andrew MacPherson wrote:
>The rFactor Corvette's actually a better ride than
> I expected. I take back some of the horrible things I said about US hardware.

Yea, yanks are not very smart when it comes to designing fast and
efficient cars but the Corvette is an exception. The AC Cobra was too
but that was actually a Brit car body with a huge American engine in it
so was not really an all American car. Those American muscle cars from
the 60s that they love so much may have looked tough on the road but
they were only good in the straights and were highly unstable in
corners. Still, some of them looked sexy but that was all they really
had going for them.
Old July 2nd 09, 06:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy,[_2_]

"the world according to me" > wrote in message
> Andrew MacPherson wrote:
>>The rFactor Corvette's actually a better ride than
>> I expected. I take back some of the horrible things I said about US
>> hardware.

> Yea, yanks are not very smart when it comes to designing fast and
> efficient cars but the Corvette is an exception. The AC Cobra was too but
> that was actually a Brit car body with a huge American engine in it so was
> not really an all American car. Those American muscle cars from the 60s
> that they love so much may have looked tough on the road but they were
> only good in the straights and were highly unstable in corners. Still,
> some of them looked sexy but that was all they really had going for them.

LOL yeah right, that is why Shelby won freaking nearly any race they
entered, because they were "only good" in a straight line, ROFLMAO...

Jesus Chrysler man, you forget about the handfuls/bucketfuls of garbage the
rest of the world's auto makers produces (even BMW and the like), of ****
cars/models? so you have 4, that most cant afford, that are "nice", yet not
all of them pumped out of them companies, are great cars, some are absolute
****.

Not trying to say US cars aren't full of craps cars either, agreed!?

RFactor F1 mod mookytc Simulators 4 March 17th 08 04:09 PM
rFactor F3 V1.1 vs. V1.2 [email protected] Simulators 10 October 24th 05 05:10 PM
rFactor [email protected] Simulators 3 September 20th 05 12:20 AM
Rfactor will not run... Sting32 Simulators 28 September 8th 05 10:30 PM
rFactor won't run Pat Dotson Simulators 13 November 19th 04 06:06 AM