Deck The Halls -- The Walt (Pogo) Kelly Version

Old December 16th 07, 12:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Square Wheels[_6_]

Default Deck The Halls -- The Walt (Pogo) Kelly Version

Deck us all with Boston Charlie,
Walla Walla, Wash., an' Kalamazoo!
Nora's freezin' on the trolley,
Swaller dollar cauliflower alley-garoo!

Don't we know archaic barrel
Lullaby Lilla Boy, Louisville Lou?
Trolley Molly don't love Harold,
Boola boola Pensacoola hullabaloo!

Bark us all bow-wows of folly,
Polly wolly cracker 'n' too-da-loo!
Donkey Bonny brays a carol,
Antelope Cantaloupe, 'lope with you!

Hunky Dory's pop is lolly gaggin' on the wagon,
Willy, folly go through!
Chollie's collie barks at Barrow,
Harum scarum five alarm bung-a-loo!

Dunk us all in bowls of barley,
Hinky dinky dink an' polly voo!
Chilly Filly's name is Chollie,
Chollie Filly's jolly chilly view halloo!

Bark us all bow-wows of folly,
Double-bubble, toyland trouble! Woof, woof, woof!
Tizzy seas on melon collie!

Dibble-dabble, scribble-scrabble! Goof, goof, goof!

-- From the 'Pogo' Comic Strip
by Walt Kelly

--
The quality of our thoughts is bordered on all sides by our facility with
language.

-J. Michael Straczynski, author (b.1954)

Old December 16th 07, 02:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
John Bradley

"We has met the enemy, and they is us."
Still holds true, doesn't it?
Thanks for the days-gone-by reminder.
john

news

Old December 17th 07, 10:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Square Wheels[_6_]

John Bradley wrote:

> "We has met the enemy, and they is us."
> Still holds true, doesn't it?

More than ever!

> Thanks for the days-gone-by reminder.
> john

My pleasure, sir!

Here's the cartoon strip and the poster it inspired 'way back in '71 or '72.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kelly_pogo_earthday.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	112141  Click image for larger version

Name:	Earth Day poster4.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	112142

Kelly Tires rvfulltime Ford Explorer 11 October 28th 06 05:08 PM
I'm looken for pics of a 97 GT stereo, the tape/radio deck and the cd deck Joey Pankiw Ford Mustang 1 August 25th 05 11:42 PM
let's live under the old halls, but don't converse the long pens Paul F. Brackett, MBA General 0 January 17th 05 02:59 PM
lately, wrinkles move for wide halls, unless they're empty Pathetic Soapy Shithead Technology 0 January 15th 05 02:11 PM
if the fat dusts can cover partly, the poor button may live more halls Q. E. Sabato General 0 January 14th 05 08:54 PM