You there Grant?

Old August 8th 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default You there Grant?

Haven't seen a post from you since mid-day of bridge collapse.
I hope that all is well with you as well as your friends and family in
Minneapolis.

Pat
Old August 12th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Anybody have Grant's personal email? Would be nice to confirm he's still
kickin'!

Chris
99BBB

Old August 12th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Old August 13th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Anybody have Grant's personal email? Would be nice to confirm he's
> still kickin'!

Well, according to his postings, it's and I just sent
off an e-mail to him. I'll let y'all know when (and if!) I hear back.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old August 15th 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Update - I've heard from Grant and he's fine. He was out of town
visiting relatives for a few days right after the bridge collapse,
then was in the Cayman Islands for a week.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old August 15th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2007-08-08, pws > wrote:

> Haven't seen a post from you since mid-day of bridge collapse.
> I hope that all is well with you as well as your friends and
> family in Minneapolis.

I'm here and I'm fine. Sorry if I alarmed anybody. I left
town for a long weekend just after the bridge collapse, then
immediately following that was gone for a week to go scuba
diving in the Cayman Islands. I just got home last night.

All of my family and friends are OK, but like almost everybody
in town, I know somebody who knows somebody who was on the
bridge or somehow involved. A friend of a friend of my
sister's was on the bridge and is currently in the hospital
with a broken back.

Several years ago I worked in a building at one end of the
collapsed bridge, and while working there (and a couple other
places) I commuted over the bridge daily. My current commute
doesn't involve the 35W bridge (or that area of town) so I've
not had to deal with the traffic issues. That bridge is quite
close to the U of M campus, and when classes start for falls
semester, they're expecting traffic problems in the area to get
worse.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! VICARIOUSLY experience
at some reason to LIVE!!
Old August 15th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

Grant Edwards > wrote:

> I'm here and I'm fine.

Glad to hear that, we were a bit worried....

Old August 15th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Grant Edwards wrote:

> I'm here and I'm fine. Sorry if I alarmed anybody. I left
> town for a long weekend just after the bridge collapse, then
> immediately following that was gone for a week to go scuba
> diving in the Cayman Islands. I just got home last night.

Glad you are ok, but I hate you for spending a week in the Cayman
Islands. ;-)

> All of my family and friends are OK, but like almost everybody
> in town, I know somebody who knows somebody who was on the
> bridge or somehow involved. A friend of a friend of my
> sister's was on the bridge and is currently in the hospital
> with a broken back.

Yeah, I figured the odds were low that you went in, but you never know.

I had an Ebay customer who worked on floor 98, iirc, of the first WTC
tower to be hit, and she lived only because she was late for work that day.
I sent her an e-mail and did not get a response for 3 or 4 days, it was
a pleasant surprise when one arrived.
Most of her former co-workers are gone, along with the book that she
bought from me and the computer that she used to win it with.

> Several years ago I worked in a building at one end of the
> collapsed bridge, and while working there (and a couple other
> places) I commuted over the bridge daily. My current commute
> doesn't involve the 35W bridge (or that area of town) so I've
> not had to deal with the traffic issues. That bridge is quite
> close to the U of M campus, and when classes start for falls
> semester, they're expecting traffic problems in the area to get
> worse.

It must be a real mess with traffic there.
I can't imagine the impact that a section of interstate highway falling
into the Colorado River would do here.

A bit of bent sheet metal and broken glass brings people to a stop in
fascination of this brand new phenomenon, so that would probably keep
them stopped there, slack-jawed and staring, for at least a month.

Oh yeah, I hope you had a horrible time while scuba diving.......Welcome
back anyway.

Pat