Ignition locked in 02 Town & Country Limited

Old July 19th 07, 06:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Luke Packard

Default Ignition locked in 02 Town & Country Limited

Greetings all,

I have an '02 Town & Country limited and discovered today I have a locked
ignition. I tried a couple different keys but it won't unlock. What's
interesting is that the brake pedal seems as if its already depressed.
Anyone have a clue as to what the issue is and if I can take care of it
myself?

Thanks,
Luke

Old July 19th 07, 10:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
damnnickname

If what you are referring to is the ignition switch wont turn, try tapping
on the key with a heavy object while trying to turn it. If it turns have
the key cylinder replaced and recoded.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old July 19th 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
KYHighlander

Turn the wheel slightly, sometimes mine does that if the steering wheel gets
in a bind.

Old July 20th 07, 06:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Luke Packard

A couple taps on the key and the ignition turned with ease. Thanks for the
tip Glenn.

Luke

lkaboutautos.com...

Old July 20th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"Luke Packard" > wrote in message
. ..
> A couple taps on the key and the ignition turned with ease. Thanks for

the
> tip Glenn.
>
> Luke
>

> "damnnickname" > wrote in message
> lkaboutautos.com...
> > If what you are referring to is the ignition switch wont turn, try

tapping
> > on the key with a heavy object while trying to turn it. If it turns have
> > the key cylinder replaced and recoded.
> >
> > Glenn Beasley
> > Chrysler Tech

Now you need to get it replaced because it could get to the point where that
wont allow the key to turn at all
Glenn

Old July 22nd 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
§qu@re Wheels[_5_]

On this particular day of this month, in the Year Of The Golden Pig, KYHighlander did state:

> Turn the wheel slightly, sometimes mine does that if the steering wheel gets
> in a bind.

Happens all the time on my '01 Trep.

It's what they call an 'undocumented feature.' ;^)

I know this is gonna sound like you're driving a Windows machine, but
pump the brake and turn the wheel /while/ turning the ignition.

Works every time, at least on a Canadian R/T.

Courtesy of Roadside Assistance, who saved us both us a hassle by telling
me this over the 'phone.

SW