NFS Shift 2 $18 shipped at EA Store

Old April 27th 11, 09:29 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default NFS Shift 2 $18 shipped at EA Store

(Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

> The default handling on my Audi, with recommended G25 settings,
> does feel "ok". But when I try the other invitational events at
> the start of my career, in other cars, the handling is almost
> as confidence-inspiring as a blind man selling window
> cleaner to Eskimos.

For some reason I couldn't get Brands Hatch to load, so I dumped that installation
and started again. And for some reason this install feels better. Significantly
better in some of the more slippery problems I had before.

I suspect this means my attempts to alter the settings weren't all working properly
for some reason. Probably user error.

Now I'd say Shift2 isn't worse than Shift1. But I'd hesitate to say it's any better.
It is, however, pretty entertaining. I'm also a big fan of their new trees. They
look a bit cartoony in screenshots & videos, but when you're actually driving they
do a very good job of convincing you it's a real landscape.

The permanent distance fog is a different matter. We're had quite a bit of smog in
the UK in recent weeks, thanks to the stupidly high temperatures for the time of
year, and Shift2 reminds me of that. I long for a stiff breeze to blow it all away.
Perhaps there's a graphics setting I need to explore.

Andrew McP