iRacing's poor customer service and is overpriced.

Old July 13th 09, 05:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fisher's Left Testicle

Default iRacing's poor customer service and is overpriced.

Yes I'm sure, you ****.

Old July 13th 09, 07:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

RobertMcTigue wrote:

> More in the way it's said and addressed, If I got to the Ritz Carlton
> and stay even if I question something they say or a rule or practice
> they have I don't like there still very nice ... even if I was rude to
> them and being dismissed as if they pay me is not what premium service
> is about ...ya know? It's about price for service I guess and to me I
> would not go eat at a restaurant that has good food but crappy
> service.

Not specifically referring to your experience Robert, but I don't think
you can compare waiter service with the officials at a real race track.
You would pay significant entry fees but very much have to abide by the
rules on and off track. You don't go to a restaurant and end up being
sent to the manager's office for a ticking off - yet this is what can
happen to you at a race track. You pay and play to their rules.

Personally I welcome that aspect to be introduced to sim racing. It has
long been a province of league admins to maintain control, taking this a
step further to a sanctioning body should provide far greater
consistency than pockets of sim racers in small leagues with their own
sets of rules.

Just as in real life people will fall out with the authority and go off
and find another race series which is fine. I hope iRacing don't back
off from that goal of becoming a sanctioning body on a par with their
real racing counterparts and become a hotel service where the customer
is pampered. Celebrity racers still get chewed out by the stewards,
discipline is a part of racing. The stewards don't check the drivers are
nice and comfy and have a drink before the race starts.

One man's meat is another man's poison and all that...

Cheers
Tony

Old July 13th 09, 07:53 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
RobertMcTigue

On Jul 13, 2:18*pm, Tony R >
wrote:
> RobertMcTigue wrote:

> Not specifically referring to your experience Robert, but I don't think
> you can compare waiter service with the officials at a real race track.
> You would pay significant entry fees but very much have to abide by the
> rules on and off track. You don't go to a restaurant and end up being
> sent to the manager's office for a ticking off - yet this is what can
> happen to you at a race track. You pay and play to their rules.

Its not the rules or judgments ...

> Personally I welcome that aspect to be introduced to sim racing. It has
> long been a province of league admins to maintain control, taking this a
> step further to a sanctioning body should provide far greater
> consistency than pockets of sim racers in small leagues with their own
> sets of rules.

Agreed

> Just as in real life people will fall out with the authority and go off
> and find another race series which is fine. I hope iRacing don't back
> off from that goal of becoming a sanctioning body on a par with their
> real racing counterparts and become a hotel service where the customer
> is pampered. Celebrity racers still get chewed out by the stewards,
> discipline is a part of racing. The stewards don't check the drivers are
> nice and comfy and have a drink before the race starts.

I think you miss my point.

> One man's meat is another man's poison and all that...
>
> Cheers
> Tony

I just don't like it when I get dismissed (much like the "Soup Nazi")
and the implication I would lie, and when I complain the complainant
is the responder.. just not a good experience for be but I'm sure it's
fine if people don't mind that. There still a service and I'm still a
consumer that chooses not to do any business with them.

Old July 13th 09, 08:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David Fisher's Left Testicle

"RobertMcTigue" > wrote in message
On Jul 13, 2:18 pm, Tony R >
wrote:
> RobertMcTigue wrote:

>> Not specifically referring to your experience Robert, but I don't think
>> you can compare waiter service with the officials at a real race track.
>> You would pay significant entry fees but very much have to abide by the
>> rules on and off track. You don't go to a restaurant and end up being
>> sent to the manager's office for a ticking off - yet this is what can
>> happen to you at a race track. You pay and play to their rules.

>Its not the rules or judgments ...

>> Personally I welcome that aspect to be introduced to sim racing. It has
>> long been a province of league admins to maintain control, taking this a
>> step further to a sanctioning body should provide far greater
>>. consistency than pockets of sim racers in small leagues with their own
> >sets of rules.

>Agreed

>> Just as in real life people will fall out with the authority and go off
>> and find another race series which is fine. I hope iRacing don't back
>> off from that goal of becoming a sanctioning body on a par with their
>> real racing counterparts and become a hotel service where the customer
>> is pampered. Celebrity racers still get chewed out by the stewards,
>> discipline is a part of racing. The stewards don't check the drivers are
>> nice and comfy and have a drink before the race starts.

>I think you miss my point.

> >One man's meat is another man's poison and all that...
>>
> >Cheers
>> Tony

>I just don't like it when I get dismissed (much like the "Soup Nazi")
>and the implication I would lie, and when I complain the complainant
>is the responder.. just not a good experience for be but I'm sure it's
>fine if people don't mind that. There still a service and I'm still a
>consumer that chooses not to do any business with them.

This just sounds like sour grapes. If this is to do with a racing incident,
then why not tell us what happened?

Old July 14th 09, 06:25 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jelloshooter69

On Jul 12, 8:01*am, RobertMcTigue > wrote:
>when I
> shell out almost $800.00 for content and use for the 1st year I would
> not like to treated as if I'm a lair on a protests .....

oh my, $800 for a year, they saw you coming wouldn't be mad at them be
mad at yourself.

I have some oceanfront property in Iowa for less than $800

Old July 14th 09, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
RobertMcTigue

On Jul 14, 1:25*pm, jelloshooter69 > wrote:
> On Jul 12, 8:01*am, RobertMcTigue > wrote:
>
> >when I
> > shell out almost $800.00 for content and use for the 1st year I would
> > not like to treated as if I'm a lair on a protests .....

> oh my, $800 for a year, they saw you coming wouldn't be mad at them be
> mad at yourself.
>
> I have some oceanfront property in Iowa for less than $800

Is the surfing good there in December?
Old July 14th 09, 08:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jelloshooter69

On Jul 14, 2:56*pm, RobertMcTigue > wrote:
> On Jul 14, 1:25*pm, jelloshooter69 > wrote:
>
> > On Jul 12, 8:01*am, RobertMcTigue > wrote:

> > >when I
> > > shell out almost $800.00 for content and use for the 1st year I would
> > > not like to treated as if I'm a lair on a protests .....

> > oh my, $800 for a year, they saw you coming wouldn't be mad at them be
> > mad at yourself.

> > I have some oceanfront property in Iowa for less than $800

> Is the surfing good there in December?

Not sure but I feel your pain. many others caught up in this vacuum
pricing scheme for no more than a game. look at it with both eyes, and
B Madoff would be proud! IPonzi

Customer Service? XS11E[_1_] Mazda 8 May 22nd 07 08:52 PM
VW Customer Service - still awful D&LBusch VW water cooled 5 April 19th 07 02:21 AM
customer service Steve Byatt Alfa Romeo 19 April 3rd 06 12:24 PM
customer service Steve Byatt Alfa Romeo 0 March 27th 06 10:43 PM
customer Service Rick Ford Explorer 1 October 26th 05 03:22 PM