WHATS YOU BEST MOD!

Old May 26th 05, 04:11 PM
dave's a perv

Back for some more abuse?
Ya child molesting pervert!!!

Old May 26th 05, 04:12 PM
Paul H.

Tim & Cindy McDonald wrote:
> So whats your BEST modification you feel has enhanced your vette for the
> money you spent! Help us all out!!Thanks!!!!!

For my C4-coupe the best bang for the buck was adding the frame
crossbrace--pulled from a ragtop for $ 175 at a local junkyard. Then
took the car to respected dealer and had the targa roof re-shimmed and
fitted at $125 parts and labor. Improvement in handling, big reduction
in "squeeking" sounds. I think that if the C4 gets a regular workout,
the roof should be refitted every few years.

Paul H.
Old May 27th 05, 01:43 AM
Bob I

That was years and years ago at Ecklers. price may be higher now.

Old May 27th 05, 03:21 PM
TF

On what year/model/engine?
TF

Old May 28th 05, 02:51 AM
Jon

Tim & Cindy McDonald wrote:

> So whats your BEST modification you feel has enhanced your vette for the
> money you spent! Help us all out!!Thanks!!!!!

Rear wing...

http://img277.echo.cx/img277/5671/right3wh.jpg

http://img279.echo.cx/img279/3729/rear8qg.jpg

Old May 28th 05, 07:30 AM
BDragon

"Jon" > wrote in message

> Tim & Cindy McDonald wrote:
>
> > So whats your BEST modification you feel has enhanced your vette for the
> > money you spent! Help us all out!!Thanks!!!!!
> >

> Rear wing...
>
> http://img277.echo.cx/img277/5671/right3wh.jpg
>
> http://img279.echo.cx/img279/3729/rear8qg.jpg

The wing looks good, Jon.

Old May 28th 05, 12:55 PM
aRKay

In article <0bQle.35$Zt.2@okepread05>, Jon >
wrote:

> Tim & Cindy McDonald wrote:
>
> > So whats your BEST modification you feel has enhanced your vette for the
> > money you spent! Help us all out!!Thanks!!!!!

Dual cup holder for the C5 and Corsa Indy for sound
Old May 28th 05, 02:36 PM
Bob G.

On Sat, 28 May 2005 11:55:03 GMT, aRKay > wrote:

>In article <0bQle.35$Zt.2@okepread05>, Jon >
>wrote:
>
>> Tim & Cindy McDonald wrote:
>>
>> > So whats your BEST modification you feel has enhanced your vette for the
>> > money you spent! Help us all out!!Thanks!!!!!

>Dual cup holder for the C5 and Corsa Indy for sound

===============
You know I never had thought about cup holders...

But honestly, as a coffee-olic I have to agree...

The sharks have plenty of aftermarket coffee cup holders... But I had
to make one out of Walnut and Curly Maple to fit my 64 ...and I had to
be real creative making one out of Cherry that is Off Set slightly to
the right for my 6 speed 95.....now I can at least shift gears... OEM
cup holders were are a complete waste ..except as a mounting point for
a workable cup holder...

Bob Griffiths
64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes

Old May 28th 05, 09:46 PM
tater

Has to be the steering lock bypass on my 2000 6-speed.
Seems with the recall Chevrolet just reprogrammed the computer so the car
wont run if the steering is locked.
(In other words they did not fix a darn thing with the lock motor sticking
they just covered there own A. . for liability reasons)
Now I am not bitter but they should have added the bypass for the manuals
like they did for the automatics.
Mike:-)

Old May 29th 05, 02:11 AM
Marty