Audi A4 Avant Central Locking

Old March 13th 07, 09:03 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Bloroth

Default Audi A4 Avant Central Locking

Recently a couple of the doors on my car have started failing to lock, with
the diagnosis being a defective "bi-pressure pump" (the pump supplying both
pressure and vacuum for the central locking system - I only mention that for
the sake of clarity). The cost for this item in the UK is £290 inc VAT. Are
there any factors supplying this item at a lesser cost? GSF say they don't.

Thanks for any help.

Bloroth

Old March 13th 07, 10:51 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Richard Goulding

"Bloroth" > wrote in message
> Recently a couple of the doors on my car have started failing to lock,
> with the diagnosis being a defective "bi-pressure pump" (the pump
> supplying both pressure and vacuum for the central locking system - I only
> mention that for the sake of clarity). The cost for this item in the UK is
> £290 inc VAT. Are there any factors supplying this item at a lesser cost?
> GSF say they don't.

This may be of use.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-A4-A8-...QQcmdZViewItem

Richard

Old March 14th 07, 08:58 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Bloroth

"Richard Goulding" > wrote in message
> "Bloroth" > wrote in message
>> Recently a couple of the doors on my car have started failing to lock,
>> with the diagnosis being a defective "bi-pressure pump" (the pump
>> supplying both pressure and vacuum for the central locking system - I
>> only mention that for the sake of clarity). The cost for this item in the
>> UK is £290 inc VAT. Are there any factors supplying this item at a lesser
>> cost? GSF say they don't.
>>

> This may be of use.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-A4-A8-...QQcmdZViewItem
>
> Richard

Thanks Richard

Why didn't I think of looking there! Must have been tired? Thanks for the
info. Unfortunately auction over by the time I had a look.

Bloroth