Audi A4 Convertible Sport or BMW 325ci Sport Convertible?

Old March 8th 07, 01:42 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Ed Pirrero

Default Audi A4 Convertible Sport or BMW 325ci Sport Convertible?

On Mar 7, 5:22 pm, daytripper > wrote:
> On 7 Mar 2007 14:24:51 -0800, "Ed Pirrero" > wrote:
>

> >On Mar 7, 2:20 pm, Mike Smith >
> >wrote:

> >> I'm glad I'm not the only one who has that complaint about the Audi gas
> >> pedal/center console relationship. Why do they set it up that way?

> >What way?

> >All the Audis I've ever driven have a normal pedal placement. The
> >center console has never intruded into the space.

> Same here - the go pedal is perfectly located afaic. But then, I haven't
> driven a B6 or later chassis 4 series. Perhaps there's something different
> there...

I have, and they feel the same to me. Both B5 and B6, and C5 - all of
them have excellent pedal placement, IMO. In none of those cars has
my leg ever touched the console, unless I wanted it to.

E.P.

Old March 8th 07, 04:46 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
TonyJ

Ed Pirrero wrote:
> On Mar 7, 5:22 pm, daytripper > wrote:
>
>>On 7 Mar 2007 14:24:51 -0800, "Ed Pirrero" > wrote:

>>>What way?

>>>All the Audis I've ever driven have a normal pedal placement. The
>>>center console has never intruded into the space.

>>Same here - the go pedal is perfectly located afaic. But then, I haven't
>>driven a B6 or later chassis 4 series. Perhaps there's something different
>>there...

> I have, and they feel the same to me. Both B5 and B6, and C5 - all of
> them have excellent pedal placement, IMO. In none of those cars has
> my leg ever touched the console, unless I wanted it to.
>
> E.P.

It must be the individual because I have been a bit uncomfortable from my thigh
hitting the top side edge of the console in my former '98 A4 1.8 TQM and my
current '04 A4 1.8 TQM. It is just enough to be a bit annoying on longer trips
(four hours or more - fairly often for me). Now that I think of it I think this
was an issue for me in the four T44 series that I owned also.
Old March 9th 07, 08:45 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mike Smith

Ed Pirrero wrote:
> On Mar 7, 2:20 pm, Mike Smith >
> wrote:
>> Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
>>
>>> Go on test drives. I compared Audi versus BMW wagons and I didn't like
>>> the 2007 A4 Avant. The A4 Avant struggled to carry its weight and I
>>> couldn't reach the gas pedal behind the large center console unless I
>>> leaned against the door. It was an odd car.

>> I'm glad I'm not the only one who has that complaint about the Audi gas
>> pedal/center console relationship. Why do they set it up that way?

> What way?
>
> All the Audis I've ever driven have a normal pedal placement. The
> center console has never intruded into the space.

It's not so much that the console intrudes into the space, as that it's
rather wide, and the loud pedal is squished right up against the side of
it. I ran across this when test driving an '02 A6 - a real shame, too,
'cause otherwise I really liked the car. Same thing with an '02 A4 I
drove the same day.

--
Mike Smith

Repost for new a.b.p.a. members: 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible White fvl (2001 WW@WD PROC).jpg 392903 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 February 23rd 07 12:49 PM
REPOSTS: 1962 Chrysler 300 Sport Convertible r3q.JPG (1/1) Remember when we posted this kind of material? 124001 bytes ThomasS[_2_] Auto Photos 0 December 15th 06 05:15 AM
REPOSTS: 1962 Chrysler 300 Sport Convertible f3q.JPG (1/1) Remember when we posted this kind of material? 149294 bytes ThomasS[_2_] Auto Photos 0 December 15th 06 05:15 AM
Old scan reposts (mostly bad) 1966 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible Cream Frt Qtr.jpg (Easynews) 119110 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 December 6th 06 01:39 PM
Steering on E46 325Ci Sport (18" wheels) Chris BMW 5 February 5th 05 05:14 PM