Hmmm LCD goggles?

Old May 25th 05, 01:46 PM
Plowboy

Default Hmmm LCD goggles?

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...-geekvrlcdmain

wonder if these would be even usable in any form?

Old May 25th 05, 11:55 PM
LS

I remember back in the mid 80's when Atari had LCD stereo 3D glasses. Very
cool for the time. Even though the resolution was 320x200 or 640x400.

Old May 26th 05, 02:01 PM
me

Was that when Nintendo couldn't be outdone by Atari and decided to bring out
that stupid monochrome 3D game machine? The one where you couldn't wear the
glasses on your head and it had to stay on the table?

Old May 27th 05, 12:43 PM
LS

No, these were just for the Computers. They plugged into the Atari ST line
of systems. The games had the extra colors and etc so when you put on the
glasses it came out of the monitor at you. They worked in conjunction with
the monitor with the way the lcd would open in just in sequence with the
color flashes on the display.

LS

m...

Old May 27th 05, 01:26 PM
me

Ah yes. The Tramiels decided not to bring it out because people would be
disoriented and they were subject to a lawsuit if the person wearing the
glasses fell.

Old May 28th 05, 04:15 PM
LS

They sold them for years, but unfortunately the Tramiels couldn't market
themselves out of a wet paper bag. They ruined a company that like to build
different things with good possibilities.

They also turned down this guy call Gates who was looking for a new OS to
build off of. hmmm..

LS
news