Jeep Antenna Mount, Opinions?

Old November 7th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Chris[_11_]

Default Jeep Antenna Mount, Opinions?

Any suggestions on an antenna mount for my Wrangler UT? I am debating
the under the hood lip mount for the front vs. a rear spare tire
bracket mount. I don't like the tail light mount, as I feel like the
role bars would interfere with the radiation pattern too much.

Chris Maness
KQ6UP

Old November 7th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Scott in Baltimore

Chris wrote:
> Any suggestions on an antenna mount for my Wrangler UT? I am debating
> the under the hood lip mount for the front vs. a rear spare tire
> bracket mount. I don't like the tail light mount, as I feel like the
> role bars would interfere with the radiation pattern too much.
>
> Chris Maness
> KQ6UP

For what band?
Old November 7th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Not ever operating a ham radio, I would guess, except for length
many of the same rules apply to the Citizen Band:
http://www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs.htm Or Telephone:
http://service.gm.com/techlineinfo/radio.html I would keep way away from
your computer, learned that lesson the hard way, well I wanted a new
Thunderbird anyway.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old November 7th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Chris[_11_]

Scott in Baltimore wrote:
> Chris wrote:
> > Any suggestions on an antenna mount for my Wrangler UT? I am debating
> > the under the hood lip mount for the front vs. a rear spare tire
> > bracket mount. I don't like the tail light mount, as I feel like the
> > role bars would interfere with the radiation pattern too much.
> >
> > Chris Maness
> > KQ6UP
> >

> For what band?

2m

Old November 7th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Red Jeep

http://www.arizonarockyroad.com/

I bought two of their windshield mounts. For RF safety, I put the CB on
the driver's side (4watts) and the 2m on the passenger side (35watts).
The only down side that I've encountered is the antenna height. I have
tyo use quick disconnects of I want to go into a parking structure or
drive-thru.

73's!

"Chris" > wrote in
ups.com:

Old November 7th 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Garth Almgren

Around 11/6/2006 7:24 PM, Red Jeep wrote:

> http://www.arizonarockyroad.com/
>
> I bought two of their windshield mounts. For RF safety, I put the CB on
> the driver's side (4watts) and the 2m on the passenger side (35watts).
> The only down side that I've encountered is the antenna height. I have
> tyo use quick disconnects of I want to go into a parking structure or
> drive-thru.
>
> 73's!

I'll second the Arizona Rocky Road idea; I've got one of their single
rear antenna mounts, and I love the thing. Very good price, and sturdy.
Rick is nice to deal with, as well.

It does make the ol' CB antenna tall, though, sticking up above the
spare like it does. 'Course, it gets better range than a fender mount
or taillight mount since most of the winding in a 4' Firestik is above
the roofline:
http://www.arizonarockyroad.com/imag..._TAIL_SHOT.jpg
http://www.arizonarockyroad.com/imag...nt_wo_tire.jpg

--
~/Garth - 1993 Wrangler S 2.5
{ }|||||||{ } "MukYJ"
Old November 8th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Chris[_11_]

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:
> Not ever operating a ham radio, I would guess, except for length
> many of the same rules apply to the Citizen Band:
> http://www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs.htm Or Telephone:
> http://service.gm.com/techlineinfo/radio.html I would keep way away from
> your computer, learned that lesson the hard way, well I wanted a new
> Thunderbird anyway.
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/
>
> Chris wrote:

That is absolutely perfect guys. I was thinking of fabricating
something like that anyways.

I'm going to start a new thread on radio mounts.

Chris Maness
KQ6UP

Old November 11th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
James Drinkwater

I used a stainless steel "tire bumper". Ya know. Like the one that
mounts on the rear right corner. Don't know if it's a possibility for yours
but it works and looks like a natural. They come with a bracket on the top
and bottom and keeps the RF as far as possible from everybody/everything.
Drink
WP3JQ

oups.com...

Old November 17th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Chris[_11_]

Chris wrote:
> L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:
> > Not ever operating a ham radio, I would guess, except for length
> > many of the same rules apply to the Citizen Band:
> > http://www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs.htm Or Telephone:
> > http://service.gm.com/techlineinfo/radio.html I would keep way away from
> > your computer, learned that lesson the hard way, well I wanted a new
> > Thunderbird anyway.
> > God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
> > http://www.billhughes.com/
> >
> > Chris wrote:

> That is absolutely perfect guys. I was thinking of fabricating
> something like that anyways.
>
> I'm going to start a new thread on radio mounts.
>
> Chris Maness
> KQ6UP

I recieved my mounting bracket the other day. However, it doesn not
seem to be a good enough counterpois for a 5/8 wave 2m antenna. Anyone
else have these troubles?

KQ6UP
Chirs Maness

Old December 2nd 06, 06:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Chris[_11_]

Chris wrote:
> Chris wrote:
> > L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:
> > > Not ever operating a ham radio, I would guess, except for length
> > > many of the same rules apply to the Citizen Band:
> > > http://www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs.htm Or Telephone:
> > > http://service.gm.com/techlineinfo/radio.html I would keep way away from
> > > your computer, learned that lesson the hard way, well I wanted a new
> > > Thunderbird anyway.
> > > God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
> > > http://www.billhughes.com/
> > >
> > > Chris wrote:

> > That is absolutely perfect guys. I was thinking of fabricating
> > something like that anyways.
> >
> > I'm going to start a new thread on radio mounts.
> >
> > Chris Maness
> > KQ6UP

> I recieved my mounting bracket the other day. However, it doesn not
> seem to be a good enough counterpois for a 5/8 wave 2m antenna. Anyone
> else have these troubles?
>
> KQ6UP
> Chirs Maness

The mount os working great with a Wilson 2000 for CB. Man -- CBers in
this area are anoying. It took me several trys just to get a radio
check without getting cursed out.

Chris Maness
KQ6UP