need help identifying band (NMC)

Old September 5th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Justin Case

Default need help identifying band (NMC)

"pws" > wrote in message
> Justin Case wrote:
>
>> Tommy Seebach
>>
>> http://www.askmen.com/video/2005_apr...y_seebach.html

> Wow! I defer to you for all musical questions. I must collect the entire
> Tommy Seebach catalog.
>
> Now I feel bad, the guy died of a heart attack at 53. Still, he is a new
> cultural icon to me....I would pay big money for that fringe leather
> outfit. :-)
>
> Pat

Quite an interesting clip, even had that daggy 60's type look and feel
about it, not knocking the 60's, I grew up in it. Yeah, as they say,
only the good die young, that leaves me out

Cheers

Old September 5th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Eric Baber

Since we've gone completely and utterly off-topic, take a look at this then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCjSwr7zYtE

Impressive; I want to be able to do that sort of thing when I grow up.

Eric

Old September 5th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2006-09-05, Eric Baber > wrote:
> Since we've gone completely and utterly off-topic, take a look at this then:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCjSwr7zYtE
>
> Impressive; I want to be able to do that sort of thing when I grow up.

Brilliant!

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Make me look like
at LINDA RONSTADT again!!
Old September 5th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
KWS

Shows you what I know. I thought it was Yanni before he was Yanni.

Ken

Old September 5th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Remove This

Now that's a "hoot"...
Best use of bandwidth I've seen lately.

--
I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

Old September 5th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Remove This

Wasn't the original by Jorge Ingemann, or such?

Old September 5th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Remove This

"pws" > wrote in message
> Justin Case wrote:
>
>> Tommy Seebach
>>
>> http://www.askmen.com/video/2005_apr...y_seebach.html

> Wow! I defer to you for all musical questions. I must collect the entire
> Tommy Seebach catalog.
>
> Now I feel bad, the guy died of a heart attack at 53. Still, he is a new
> cultural icon to me....I would pay big money for that fringe leather
> outfit.

how much; It's only a rope-pull to the attic....

:-) (reused smiley; please recycle)

--
I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

Old September 5th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Remove This

I love threads that go "awry"..
Instead of driving "2 lefts and a right", it surfs that way. Rainy day
entertainment.

My vote for best Miata thread this year (so far).

--
I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

Old September 5th 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Lucky *******....

> Unfortunately the stylus on my record player has been worn down from
> listening to all those superb albums and I can't find a replacement one
> anymore (not even on this InterWeb thing, would you believe), so I can't
> record any samples for you. It's a great shame because I know you'd love
> them.

Damnit! I am off to the music store to find me some of this excellent
material.

> Just don't stand too close to the Ministers Quartet or those Orleans boys,
> that's all I can say.

One of those Orleans boys has a purty mouth.

> Excellent, thank you very much, that looks worthy of The Cause.
>
> Eric

No problem. Here are the lyrics to the title song, they are very deep.

"Holy Diver
You've been down too long in the midnight sea
Oh what's becoming of me

Ride the tiger
You can see his stripes but you know he's clean
Oh don't you see what I mean

Gotta get away
Holy Diver

Shiny diamonds
Like the eyes of a cat in the black and blue
Something is coming for you

Race for the morning
You can hide in the sun 'till you see the light
Oh we will pray it's all right

Gotta get away-get away

Between the velvet lies
There's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies
Life's a never ending wheel

Holy Diver
You're the star of the masquerade
No need to look so afraid

Jump on the tiger
You can feel his heart but you know he's mean
Some light can never be seen"

Pat

Old September 5th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Justin Case wrote:

> Quite an interesting clip, even had that daggy 60's type look and feel
> about it, not knocking the 60's, I grew up in it. Yeah, as they say,
> only the good die young, that leaves me out
>
> Cheers

I only experienced the last 26 days of the 60's. Don't remember much,
though. :-)

pat