ignition difficulty on my 1990 miata

Old August 28th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Default ignition difficulty on my 1990 miata

Pat wrote:
> BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
>> But Pat !!!!
>>
>> Don't forget the BFH for your toolbox.
>>

> Big Fluffy Hamster? Please elaborate on the use of such a creature in a
> toolbox. :-)

The hamster is to chew the insulation off the wires so you can splice them
together and wrap them with duct tape, silly Pat. ;-D

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old August 29th 06, 05:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Oh Pat, You know, the little guy you send out for beer :-) ( to get
Hammered )

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old August 29th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Trent[_1_]

Iva wrote:
> Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> > Don't give up that easy! I've had success with several car ignition

> switches
> > by spraying lubricants into the keyhole. White lithium spray grease might
> > work nice but could be a bit messy in your pocket. WD-40 or a silicone

> spray
> > lube will usually work although you may have to redo it a couple of time a
> > year. Give it a shot, changing the ignition never sounds like a good idea

> > me unless all else fails!

> Replacing the ignition switch was a relatively easy job. You're not
> changing the part where the key goes in, you're just changing the rest of
> it. IIRC it only took me about 45 minutes, from start to clean-up.
>
> Iva & Belle.)
> '90B Classic Red.)
> #3 winkin' Miata

Chris, could you send me information on the process on how to remove
and re-install a key switch in the 90 Miata, thanks for any help..
Trent me e-mail address is

Old August 30th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Iva wrote:

> The hamster is to chew the insulation off the wires so you can splice them
> together and wrap them with duct tape, silly Pat. ;-D
>
> Iva & Belle.)
> '90B Classic Red.)
> #3 winkin' Miata

I though that it was food for the next Hollywood hit movie, "Snakes in a
Miata".
I would actually go see that one..... :-)

Pat
Old August 30th 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
> Oh Pat, You know, the little guy you send out for beer :-) ( to get
> Hammered )
>
> Bruce Bing '03 LS

How is the hamster going to buy the beer? They die long before the legal
U.S. age of 18 to 21. Even a BFG, (big fluffy hamster), would also be
very limited in beer transportation capacity.

I still think that the hamster is a replacement for one of the four
gerbils that currently pretend to power the miata.
He can be used for one additional rodentpower on the treadmill or can
take over if one gerbil gives out. The miata does not run well on only
three gerbils... ;-)

Pat
Old August 30th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Brian wrote:

> No toolbox is complete without an assortment of cardboard wedges.

Ok, you got me, what are the cardboard wedges for?

Pat
Old August 31st 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Pat, If the hamster takes the "BFH" with him to buy the beer, he will
get the beer with no problem ! The "BFH" is a "Big Fxxxxxg Hammer" To
see a hamster with a BFH in his paw will frighten the store keeper so
much, he will give him anything ! :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

1990 Miata - What's a "fair" price? Tom Mazda 13 May 11th 06 04:24 AM
AWA [OFFER] ignition cable, ignition cable set, auto parts [email protected] General 0 April 4th 06 07:52 AM
AWA [OFFER] ignition cable set, ignition cable [email protected] General 0 March 20th 06 11:51 AM
Gearbox in 1990 Miata Kenneth S. Mazda 2 March 14th 06 02:44 PM
Ignition Timing/Power on '90 Miata Robbi Mazda 6 September 21st 05 04:30 AM