more plate scanners

Old January 24th 11, 04:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

Default more plate scanners

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,5779844.story

"In Sacramento, the Police Department and Arden Fair Mall partnered to
install license plate readers on mall security vehicles. The vehicles
roam parking lots and garages in search of "hot list" vehicles provided
by the state Department of Justice. If a car with a "hot" plate is
spotted, mall security guards view closed-circuit TV footage to locate
the vehicle's driver and alert police."

Old January 24th 11, 05:11 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_7_]

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 04:14:09 +0000 (UTC), Brent
> wrote:

>http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,5779844.story
>
>"In Sacramento, the Police Department and Arden Fair Mall partnered to
>install license plate readers on mall security vehicles. The vehicles
>roam parking lots and garages in search of "hot list" vehicles provided
>by the state Department of Justice. If a car with a "hot" plate is
>spotted, mall security guards view closed-circuit TV footage to locate
>the vehicle's driver and alert police."

And just *what* constitutes a, "hot," plate? Someone who is behind on
their child support payments? Someone who got too many RLC tickets
(how long before those vendors start sharing info - if not merging)?
Someone who has a habit of putting, "(sic)," after the word,
"america," and/or keeps posting disparaging quotes of certain
republican elements?

--
"We all see Alaska's climate is changing. We are all feeling
the effects of coastal erosion, thawing permafrost,
Old January 24th 11, 06:03 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
richard

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 04:14:09 +0000 (UTC), Brent wrote:

> http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,5779844.story
>
> "In Sacramento, the Police Department and Arden Fair Mall partnered to
> install license plate readers on mall security vehicles. The vehicles
> roam parking lots and garages in search of "hot list" vehicles provided
> by the state Department of Justice. If a car with a "hot" plate is
> spotted, mall security guards view closed-circuit TV footage to locate
> the vehicle's driver and alert police."

Why not? Now how do ya suppose they're gonna identify the driver of a
stolen car? To do that, the mall would have to install cameras on every
light post. Welcome to big brother shopping mall.
Old January 24th 11, 03:05 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-01-24, richard > wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 04:14:09 +0000 (UTC), Brent wrote:
>
>> http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,5779844.story
>>
>> "In Sacramento, the Police Department and Arden Fair Mall partnered to
>> install license plate readers on mall security vehicles. The vehicles
>> roam parking lots and garages in search of "hot list" vehicles provided
>> by the state Department of Justice. If a car with a "hot" plate is
>> spotted, mall security guards view closed-circuit TV footage to locate
>> the vehicle's driver and alert police."

> Why not? Now how do ya suppose they're gonna identify the driver of a
> stolen car? To do that, the mall would have to install cameras on every
> light post. Welcome to big brother shopping mall.

I'm just pointing out that there are far more intrusive systems already
in use than what I proposed to keep police officers a little more
honest.

Old January 24th 11, 09:23 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
richard

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 15:05:07 +0000 (UTC), Brent wrote:

> On 2011-01-24, richard > wrote:
>> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 04:14:09 +0000 (UTC), Brent wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,5779844.story
>>>
>>> "In Sacramento, the Police Department and Arden Fair Mall partnered to
>>> install license plate readers on mall security vehicles. The vehicles
>>> roam parking lots and garages in search of "hot list" vehicles provided
>>> by the state Department of Justice. If a car with a "hot" plate is
>>> spotted, mall security guards view closed-circuit TV footage to locate
>>> the vehicle's driver and alert police."

>> Why not? Now how do ya suppose they're gonna identify the driver of a
>> stolen car? To do that, the mall would have to install cameras on every
>> light post. Welcome to big brother shopping mall.

> I'm just pointing out that there are far more intrusive systems already
> in use than what I proposed to keep police officers a little more
> honest.

What they should do, is install a scanner at each entrance.
Then they would get alerted as soon as the car came in.

Re that 51 plate Spider Alex cotgreave Alfa Romeo 4 September 8th 07 06:37 PM
OBD-II Scanners twaldron[_2_] Jeep 16 November 30th 06 08:55 PM
Speaking of OBDII Scanners ZZ Technology 3 July 28th 06 03:25 AM
OBD2 Scanners - Recommendations Wanted EasyEd Technology 6 January 20th 05 02:59 PM
diagnostic scanners gobroncos Technology 3 December 31st 04 11:40 PM