$ 567.00 for ten minutes labor !?!?!?!?!

Old October 7th 05, 01:30 AM
Michael

This is exactly why you don't go to a dealer once the warranty has expired.
Spend some time finding a trustworthy mechanic. Years ago I had my Ford
dealer tell me they had no way to drain the rear diff fluid from my Bronco.
I got a $10 drill mounted pump and a length of rubber hose and did it myself
in 30 minutes. Dealers are not to be trusted.

mike

Old October 17th 05, 12:20 AM
Howard Nelson

Default $ 567.00 for ten minutes labor !?!?!?!?!

> >> 1. One hour to diagnose idle control valve. (F8VZ*9F715*AB)
> >> 2. One hour to diagnose the connector (XR3Z*9E498*AG)
> >> 3. One hour to replace the idle control valve (F8VZ*9F715*AB)
> >> 4. One hour to replace the connector (XR3Z*9E498*AG)
> >> 5. One more hour to diagnose a bad vacuum hose.
> >> 6. No carge to put in a vacuum hose.
> >>
> >> Five hours total.

What is the likelyhood that all three of these components failed at the same
time? Might have been just a bad vacuum hose generating default codes from
the idle control circuitry. I don't know how exacting the OBC's are but it
is interesting that the last thing replaced (vacuum hose) fixed the problem.

Howard
1989 LX 5.0 vert

Old October 17th 05, 11:25 PM
RSCamaro

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 23:20:28 GMT, "Howard Nelson"
> wrote:

>What is the likelyhood that all three of these components failed at the same
>time? Might have been just a bad vacuum hose generating default codes from
>the idle control circuitry. I don't know how exacting the OBC's are but it
>is interesting that the last thing replaced (vacuum hose) fixed the problem.
>
>Howard
>1989 LX 5.0 vert

That's why you should always let it be known to the repair shop that
you want the old parts, and put it on the work order before any work
is started. You might be surprised at the rise in competancy level
from mediocre mechanics.

...Ron
--
68' Camaro RS