gta undertray

Old October 13th 05, 11:45 PM
Steve Byatt

Default gta undertray

Anyone know of a cheap(ish) source for 156 GTA engine undertray? Now broken
my third. That's the Herefordshire country lanes for you!
Steve Byatt

Old October 15th 05, 04:55 PM
Gazza

Try www.zeatek.com ... they make aluminium trays. Don't list a GTA version
but the V6 one might fit. ... I'm sure he will make one though!

Gazza

Old October 15th 05, 07:26 PM
Steve Byatt

Thanks Gazza... they do make one for the GTA.. now waiting for price.
Steve Byatt

Old October 16th 05, 01:04 AM
Domestos

149 EUR here...

http://shop.alfisti.net/Tuning-Styli...ard::2924.html

--
Thanks,
Andrew Makinson

Old October 16th 05, 01:26 AM
Domestos

Funnily enough,

Does anyone know where I can get a standard alfa 156 undertray from? And
howmuch it will be?

Mine seems to be drooping on one side... it might just need a new screw???
hopefully?

--
Thanks,
Andrew Makinson

Old October 16th 05, 10:52 AM
Steve Byatt

Thanks Andrew... although when you come to order it, there's a 25 Euro
surcharge for the GTA and 16.50 delivery. The earlier link (zeatek) was 149
including shipping (and nothing extra for the gta!). I sent them an e-mail
on Sat afternoon and had a reply (from Denmark?) by Sat night. Impressed so
far!
Steve

Old October 16th 05, 08:15 PM
Zathras

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 00:26:55 GMT, "Domestos" >
wrote:

>Funnily enough,
>
>Does anyone know where I can get a standard alfa 156 undertray from? And
>howmuch it will be?
>
>Mine seems to be drooping on one side... it might just need a new screw???
>hopefully?

When I got mine from a main dealer about a year ago, it was 80UKP
excluding fitting as it was off for the service anyway (how kind of
them!).

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old October 20th 05, 11:25 AM
Gazza

While on the subject of undertrays keep a close eye on the metal brackets
that the front sides of the tray mount to just at the back end of the front
bumper and inside the wing cavity. These appear to have a tendency to rust!!

Yes ... the "R" word on a 156.

Both of mine have rusted completely away and I know of other owners where
that has happened. The parts are available from the dealers but the drivers
side looks a pig to change as the horns, washer bottle, etc and all
attached. It doesn't make a big difference on the original fibre tray but if
you are contemplating an ali one you might need the extra fittings to
support the weight.

Gary

news

Old October 22nd 05, 10:06 PM
Jane

Steve Byatt wrote:
> Anyone know of a cheap(ish) source for 156 GTA engine undertray? Now broken
> my third. That's the Herefordshire country lanes for you!
> Steve Byatt

Oh dear Steve....

Was thinking of getting a 156 myself but now I have read your message
and living in Herefordshire myself, I don't know what to do!
Thanks for the confusion!
Jane
Old October 23rd 05, 11:23 AM
Pete

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:06:04 GMT, Jane >,
wrote:

>Steve Byatt wrote:
>> Anyone know of a cheap(ish) source for 156 GTA engine undertray? Now broken
>> my third. That's the Herefordshire country lanes for you!
>> Steve Byatt
>>

>Oh dear Steve....
>
>Was thinking of getting a 156 myself but now I have read your message
>and living in Herefordshire myself, I don't know what to do!
>Thanks for the confusion!
>Jane

I admit to having missed the start of the thread. FWIW
I have the similar road conditions here in rural Lincs.
Can you not use the aluminium undertray, or am I missing the point?
I don't have the lowered suspension but I have never had a tray break.
It has bottomed out a few times :-) but not broken.
Were you thinking of buying a 156 with the sports pack Jane?
If not I would not let this worry you about you choice.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso