Die cast Mustang models

Old April 3rd 05, 02:16 AM
John H

Default Die cast Mustang models

A while back someone posted a site that had die cast '05 Mustang models for
sale. Anyone know where it is?
--
John H

Old April 5th 05, 03:53 AM
WraithCobra

I usually buy my diecast models from www.diecastmuscle.com
All their 2005 Fords are Preorder only right now, and none are 1:18 scale.
http://www.diecastmuscle.com/store/M...ord/2005+Ford/
--
Mike
Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe

Old April 5th 05, 06:52 PM
John H

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 22:53:37 -0400, "WraithCobra" > wrote:

>I usually buy my diecast models from www.diecastmuscle.com
>All their 2005 Fords are Preorder only right now, and none are 1:18 scale.
>http://www.diecastmuscle.com/store/M...ord/2005+Ford/

Thanks, Mike. I love this one,

http://www.diecastmuscle.com/store/Makes/Ford/AA73011

but I don't like the color. Do you know if they can be ordered in different
colors. Have you ever tried repainting one? I need Screaming Yellow!
--
John H

Old April 6th 05, 10:46 PM
WraithCobra

John H wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 22:53:37 -0400, "WraithCobra" >
> wrote:
>
>> I usually buy my diecast models from www.diecastmuscle.com
>> All their 2005 Fords are Preorder only right now, and none are 1:18
>> scale. http://www.diecastmuscle.com/store/M...ord/2005+Ford/

> Thanks, Mike. I love this one,
>
> http://www.diecastmuscle.com/store/Makes/Ford/AA73011
>
> but I don't like the color. Do you know if they can be ordered in
> different colors. Have you ever tried repainting one? I need
> Screaming Yellow!

The manufacturer decides what colors they produce and sell.
I've thought about painting my Black '03 Cobra model Silver to match my car.
I have taken it apart down to the shell before, but I wouldn't know where to
get replacement Cobra stickers for the 1/4's. Someome on SVTPerformance
painted one and used the stickers from a plastic model, they were a bit
small but it looked ok.

Old April 7th 05, 06:42 PM
John H

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:46:53 -0400, "WraithCobra" > wrote:

>John H wrote:
>> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 22:53:37 -0400, "WraithCobra" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I usually buy my diecast models from www.diecastmuscle.com
>>> All their 2005 Fords are Preorder only right now, and none are 1:18
>>> scale. http://www.diecastmuscle.com/store/M...ord/2005+Ford/

>> Thanks, Mike. I love this one,
>>
>> http://www.diecastmuscle.com/store/Makes/Ford/AA73011
>>
>> but I don't like the color. Do you know if they can be ordered in
>> different colors. Have you ever tried repainting one? I need
>> Screaming Yellow!

>The manufacturer decides what colors they produce and sell.
>I've thought about painting my Black '03 Cobra model Silver to match my car.
>I have taken it apart down to the shell before, but I wouldn't know where to
>get replacement Cobra stickers for the 1/4's. Someome on SVTPerformance
>painted one and used the stickers from a plastic model, they were a bit
>small but it looked ok.

Good point. I wonder if the company would sell them. Hell with it, I'm gonna
call 'em.

Well, that place doesn't have them anymore. They can still be ordered at:

http://www.autoartmodels.com/pages/1_18/18index.htm

This must be the manufacturer in Hong Kong. I'm *not* going to call them!

--
John H

Old April 8th 05, 12:48 AM
SVTKate

I have a red one like mine that I would like to paint white, for the same
reason. Too chicken to try it.
On the one I have the cobra emblem is raised, that ought to take a steady
hand.

Old April 8th 05, 09:01 PM
John H

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 23:48:34 GMT, "SVTKate" >
wrote:

>I have a red one like mine that I would like to paint white, for the same
>reason. Too chicken to try it.
>On the one I have the cobra emblem is raised, that ought to take a steady
>hand.
>

>"WraithCobra" > wrote in message
>| John H wrote:

>| > Thanks, Mike. I love this one,
>| >
>| > http://www.diecastmuscle.com/store/Makes/Ford/AA73011
>| >
>| > but I don't like the color. Do you know if they can be ordered in
>| > different colors. Have you ever tried repainting one? I need
>| > Screaming Yellow!
>|
>| The manufacturer decides what colors they produce and sell.
>| I've thought about painting my Black '03 Cobra model Silver to match my
>car.
>| I have taken it apart down to the shell before, but I wouldn't know where
>| get replacement Cobra stickers for the 1/4's. Someome on SVTPerformance
>| painted one and used the stickers from a plastic model, they were a bit
>| small but it looked ok.
>| --
>| Mike
>| Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe
>| ---

I guess you could take it to a body shop! :>)

Let us know if you get brave enough to try it.
--
John H

Old April 11th 05, 03:39 PM
SVTKate

One of these days John, when I get everything all dragged out of this box
and that corner I probabaly will.
I seem to recall something that I had difficulty figuring out how to
disassemble.. the doors maybe?
*shaking her head*

When I get there, I'll holler for help.
After I get this 10 acres mowed, the car washed, the truck washed, the
laundry done, the floors cleaned, the beds made, bathrooms scrubbed, the
garden planted, weeds pulled, the pond de-algae-fied, supper cooked, dishes
done - the list goes on and on. You get my drift.

Kate

"John H" > wrote in message
| On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 23:48:34 GMT, "SVTKate"
>
| wrote:
|
| >I have a red one like mine that I would like to paint white, for the same
| >reason. Too chicken to try it.
| >On the one I have the cobra emblem is raised, that ought to take a steady
| >hand.

| >|
| >| The manufacturer decides what colors they produce and sell.
| >| I've thought about painting my Black '03 Cobra model Silver to match my
| >car.
| >| I have taken it apart down to the shell before, but I wouldn't know
where
| >| get replacement Cobra stickers for the 1/4's. Someome on SVTPerformance
| >| painted one and used the stickers from a plastic model, they were a bit
| >| small but it looked ok.
| >| --
| >| Mike
| >| Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe
| >| ---
| >|
| >|

Old April 11th 05, 07:54 PM
Spike

I have a program called Sure Thing Decal Maker Standard which is
designed to make decals for models (planes, cars, whatever). The
basic program can be dl from the net but is limited to the decals
built into it.

However, for about $6.95 you can upgrade to the Standard Ed, which
allows you to create your own and they are scaleable.

www.surething.com 1-800-998-4555.

wrote:

>John H wrote:
>> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 22:53:37 -0400, "WraithCobra" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I usually buy my diecast models from www.diecastmuscle.com
>>> All their 2005 Fords are Preorder only right now, and none are 1:18
>>> scale. http://www.diecastmuscle.com/store/M...ord/2005+Ford/

>> Thanks, Mike. I love this one,
>>
>> http://www.diecastmuscle.com/store/Makes/Ford/AA73011
>>
>> but I don't like the color. Do you know if they can be ordered in
>> different colors. Have you ever tried repainting one? I need
>> Screaming Yellow!

>The manufacturer decides what colors they produce and sell.
>I've thought about painting my Black '03 Cobra model Silver to match my car.
>I have taken it apart down to the shell before, but I wouldn't know where to
>get replacement Cobra stickers for the 1/4's. Someome on SVTPerformance
>painted one and used the stickers from a plastic model, they were a bit
>small but it looked ok.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old April 12th 05, 01:39 AM
John

"SVTKate" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> One of these days John, when I get everything all dragged out of this box
> and that corner I probabaly will.
> I seem to recall something that I had difficulty figuring out how to
> disassemble.. the doors maybe?
> *shaking her head*
>
> When I get there, I'll holler for help.
> After I get this 10 acres mowed, the car washed, the truck washed, the
> laundry done, the floors cleaned, the beds made, bathrooms scrubbed, the
> garden planted, weeds pulled, the pond de-algae-fied, supper cooked,
> dishes
> done - the list goes on and on. You get my drift.

Yeah, but you got 40 or more hours per week to do this than hubby!

<races out of the study away from the PC and hides!>

--
John
ThunderSnake #59