2006 Z06 Crash in Holland (Story and pic)

Old November 10th 05, 08:32 PM
Bababooey

Default 2006 Z06 Crash in Holland (Story and pic)

Dutch Z06 crash!!!

This afternoon a car-magazine journalist crashed a new C6 Z06!!!

He took off after a refuel, and spun the car... flipped over and
landed on top against a trailer...

Reported in Dutch news but that is the basic translation

Pics

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=393713

Old November 10th 05, 09:15 PM
Dad

"Bababooey" > wrote in message
> Dutch Z06 crash!!!
>

> This afternoon a car-magazine journalist crashed a new C6 Z06!!!

That must be another one, the Dutch crash was 10-29-2005, or 29-10-2005
depending on which side of the pond you're on. Not sure of the date myself
but don't think "This afternoon" is correct.

Old November 10th 05, 10:21 PM
Richard

"Dad" > schreef in bericht
.. .

> "Bababooey" > wrote in message
>> Dutch Z06 crash!!!
>>

>> This afternoon a car-magazine journalist crashed a new C6 Z06!!!
>>

> That must be another one, the Dutch crash was 10-29-2005, or 29-10-2005
> depending on which side of the pond you're on. Not sure of the date myself
> but don't think "This afternoon" is correct.

at least , the car was registrated on 25-10-2005.
Here in Holland you can get some information about licenseplates at the RDW
..

APK-vervaldatum en voertuiggegevens online
Kenteken

Voertuigsoort Personenauto
Merk CHEVROLET
Handelsbenaming 1YY87 CORVETTE COUPE - Z06; 7.0 - V8
Kleur(en) Grijs
Brandstof Benzine
Aantal cilinders 8
Cilinderinhoud 7008 cm3
Aantal zitplaatsen 2
Aantal staanplaatsen N.v.t.

Massa ledig voertuig 1.401 kg
Maximum massa voertuig 1.650 kg
Massa rijklaar 0 kg
Laadvermogen N.v.t.

Maximum massa te trekken indien aanhangwagen:
- ongeremd 0 kg
- geremd 0 kg
- oplegger geremd N.v.t.
- autonoom geremd N.v.t.
- middenas geremd N.v.t.

Datum eerste afgifte Nederland 25 oktober 2005
Datum eerste toelating 25 oktober 2005
Datum aanvang tenaamstelling 25 oktober 2005

Vervaldatum APK 25 oktober 2008

and what a shame to crash something like at Corvette....
Here in Holland they cost at least more than 100.000 euro!!!!!!

Richard van Vliet
'98 ST1100 PamMy
'92 XJ600 Stadsrat
'00 Astra Coupé 2,2

Old November 11th 05, 01:11 AM
Bob I

OLD NEWS. Get a life.

Old November 11th 05, 01:33 PM
Dave in Lake Villa

'This afternoon a car-magazine journalist crashed a new C6 Z06!!!
He took off after a refuel, and spun the car... flipped over and
landed on top against a trailer...'

REPLY: Oh man...this is aweful ; is the car okay ?!

Old November 11th 05, 06:03 PM
Bababooey

Probably not from the looks of it.

This 1st model year 2006 Corvette Z06 like the 2001 1st model yr Z06
might have some problems.

Alot of the car mags have reported that the suspension, etc have a
really wierd feel and the car does not communicate what is going on
to the driver very well.

Even with Active Handling, etc this might be one dangerous vehicle
(even to the experienced driver according to a couple of writers)
until GM works out the bugs in this model. Perhaps for the 2007
Z06????

Old November 11th 05, 06:37 PM
Dad

"Bababooey" > wrote in

All things stupid done by experienced drivers are the cars fault.

--

Life is a sexually transmitted condition that is always fatal.
(See, it was the drivers fault).

Old November 11th 05, 08:47 PM
Bob I

Huh, where you come up with that hooey? Guess we read different magazines.

Old November 11th 05, 09:50 PM
Dad

You probably get the ones about cars Bob, that's no fair.

"Bob I" > wrote in message
> Huh, where you come up with that hooey? Guess we read different magazines.
>
> Bababooey wrote:
>
>> Probably not from the looks of it.

SNIPPED BS

Old November 14th 05, 02:08 PM
CardsFan

"Bob I" > wrote in message
> Huh, where you come up with that hooey? Guess we read different magazines.

In an early test, Car and Driver reported that only the car's stability
system saved them from stuffing one at the Spa track in Belgium:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....age_numb er=2

and in a full comparison against the Dodge Viper they mention that if the
car hits a bump while cornering that the ass end will come around in a
heartbeat:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....age_nu mber=3

I'd imagine any car with 500 HP in the hands of a non-pro would be a handful
near the limit. As for the bump issue, that's why I always turn off the ASR
in my car. I hit any bump in a corner at speed and the slip-reduction kicks
in, which I find it really annoying. YMMV.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp