Car stalled at stop sign, now it won't start

Old November 18th 06, 08:58 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1[_1_]

Default Car stalled at stop sign, now it won't start

What would be funny is if you only ran it out of gas!!!!
I have seen that more than a few times and it has almost stumped a few
mechanics too! ;-)

Good luck and let us know what happens!
later,
dave
(One out of many daves)
http://vwdoc1.tripod.com/

Old November 18th 06, 09:34 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1[_1_]

"daytripper" > wrote in message

>>LOF might be 'Laughing On Floor' or 'Little Old Fart' or ? 8^)

> Well, as this is a car group, how about "Lube, Oil and Filter"?

Hey I like it! ;-)

Old November 18th 06, 09:54 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
PeterD

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 14:58:02 -0500, daytripper
> wrote:

>On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 19:55:28 GMT, "dave AKA vwdoc1" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Sami D." > wrote in message
groups.com...
>>> ok I maybe be showing my newbie-ness here, but what a
>>>
>>> OP and LOF?

>>OP can be 'Original Poster' in this case.
>>
>>LOF might be 'Laughing On Floor' or 'Little Old Fart' or ? 8^)

>Well, as this is a car group, how about "Lube, Oil and Filter"?

Ba-ting! The man win again...

(was it 'my bad' to use an acronym that wasn't 'computer' here? <bg>)
Old November 20th 06, 11:36 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave LaCourse

On 17 Nov 2006 14:43:49 -0800, "Sami D." >
wrote:

>yeh i talked to an audi mechanic today, he said the same thing. damn,
>and i just bought the effing car.

My grandson had a early 90s Audi (don't recall the model or year).
His heater stopped working. I told him it was his thermostat and it
would cost alot to get it fixed, and since they are down there to
replace it they may as well replace the water pump and the timing
belt. He thought it cost too much, so he didn't have the extra
repairs done. Within two months, I had to go and rescue him on I290;
his timing belt broke and ate all the valves. He got it fixed but it
was never the same.

Today he has a chipped 00 S4, and a 95 A4 that he uses for work. Both
of them have had their belts changed. d;o) His dad drives my old
00A6 4.2 and HAS had the TB changed.

Dave
RS6 (which will have its TB changed under warranty next September)

Old November 20th 06, 11:48 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Peter Bell

In message >
Dave LaCourse > wrote:

> RS6 (which will have its TB changed under warranty next September)

Under Warranty??? As far as Audi UK are concerned, this is a service
item, and we have to pay for it - cost me GBP880 to have mine done.

Old November 21st 06, 12:14 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave LaCourse

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:48:34 GMT, Peter Bell >
wrote:

>Under Warranty??? As far as Audi UK are concerned, this is a service
>item, and we have to pay for it - cost me GBP880 to have mine done.

Yep. It is supposed to be done at 50k miles, exactly when the warranty
ends. I'll have about 40 on it next September. I've already had the
front brakes done at 25k miles, under warranty. d;o)

Old November 21st 06, 12:16 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave LaCourse

wrote:

>Peter Bell (Note Spamtrap - To reply, replace 'invalid' with 'bellfamily')

Is this the same Peter Bell that was fly fishing in Alaska last year
with his wonderful wife Jullie? From Devon (I believe)?

Old November 21st 06, 01:43 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Peter Bell

In message >
Dave LaCourse > wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:48:34 GMT, Peter Bell >
> wrote:
>
> >Under Warranty??? As far as Audi UK are concerned, this is a service
> >item, and we have to pay for it - cost me GBP880 to have mine done.

> Yep. It is supposed to be done at 50k miles, exactly when the warranty
> ends. I'll have about 40 on it next September. I've already had the
> front brakes done at 25k miles, under warranty. d;o)

Well Audi UK stipulate that the belt should be changed every 3 years or
60k miles, but no way will they cover it (or brake pads/discs [rotors?])
under the three year warranty.

Old November 21st 06, 01:44 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Peter Bell

In message >
Dave LaCourse > wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:48:34 GMT, Peter Bell >
> wrote:
>
> >Peter Bell (Note Spamtrap - To reply, replace 'invalid' with 'bellfamily')

> Is this the same Peter Bell that was fly fishing in Alaska last year
> with his wonderful wife Jullie? From Devon (I believe)?

Nope, not me - but Jullie souds interesting!

Old November 21st 06, 04:53 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dave LaCourse

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 00:44:42 GMT, Peter Bell >
wrote:

>Nope, not me - but Jullie souds interesting!

LOL. She was (is). They are a very nice couple and very good
fishermen (fisherpersons?) While Peter and I were busy catching 12 to
14 pound silvers, she was busy landing 16 pounders.

US warranty on the RS6 is 4 years/50K miles and includes brake pads
(not rotors) and the timing belt at the last scheduled maintenance
(50k).

Be well.

Dave