jump-start A6

Old February 17th 06, 04:53 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default jump-start A6

Hello,

I need to jump-start an Audi A6 wagon. But I couldn't find the battery.
>From reading other groups it sounds like it's under the back seat. Can

I get to the positive the negative terminals from there? Does anyone
have a picture of where the battery is?

Old February 17th 06, 11:15 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Of course, the correct method of jump starting is to first consult the
Owner's manual - an excellent source of both trivial and super-important
information about the car. Trivial info - like where the battery is
located - Important information - like don't connect both jumper cables to
the battery directly (risk of an explosion). Your local dealer will have a
manual.
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

news

Old February 17th 06, 11:31 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

The message >
from "wtrplnet" > contains these words:

> For further info, the battery in my A6 is under a plastic panel near the air
> intake in front of the windshield. It looks difficult to access but it
> isn't really.

So's mine but I assumed he'd looked there!

Old February 18th 06, 10:06 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

The message >
from "Steve Sears" > contains these words:

> Important information - like don't connect both jumper cables to
> the battery directly (risk of an explosion).

No more than any other way of doing it, really.

Old February 19th 06, 10:55 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

The battery really is under the back seat in case anyone else can't
find theirs. The manual says it's under the plenum cover by the
windshield but it isn't on my car. So they must have built '98 A6 both
ways. An Audi dealer told me there is a positive terminal in the engine
compartment that you can jump but I haven't found it yet.

Old February 20th 06, 03:22 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Skip,
Actually, hooking jumper cables up to the good battery, and then to the
terminals on the dead battery will result in sparking witch may detonate the
hydrogen gas in the dead battery (BOOM! + flying acid = new face transplant
recipient). I always hook the positive terminal up, and then complete the
circuit by connecting to a ground some distance away from the battery. From
www.exide.com:
How do I jump-start a car with a dead battery?

Remember: All batteries contain acid and can cause injury if not regarded as
dangerous.
1- Wear proper eye and skin protection.
2- Connect the positive cable to the positive terminal of the discharged
battery.
3- Connect the other end of the same cable to the positive post on the
boosting vehicle's battery.
4- Connect the negative (black) cable to the negative post of the booster
battery.
5- Make final jumper cable connection to the engine block of the stalled
vehicle.
6- Start disabled vehicle and disconnect cables in reverse order, taking
precautions to keep all hands, clothing, hair and cables out of all moving
parts.

"Guy King" > wrote in message
> The message >
> from "Steve Sears" > contains these words:
>
>> Important information - like don't connect both jumper cables to
>> the battery directly (risk of an explosion).

> No more than any other way of doing it, really.
>
> --
> Skipweasel
> You are now free to do as we tell you.

83 VW Rabbit Hard to start and progressively looses power and dies. Cold start? Fuel pressure? Electrical? URGENT. Please respond! Mark Amero BMW 11 August 4th 05 10:39 PM
No start in cold Aberrant Technology 0 February 22nd 05 06:38 AM
93 SL2 hard to start, sometimes cant even start KentS Saturn 0 September 27th 04 07:52 PM
97 SL2 wont start, even with jump BobRoberts Saturn 6 September 17th 04 04:35 AM