help!!! no heat only cold air

Old December 19th 05, 06:26 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default help!!! no heat only cold air

hello,

we recently bought an 1992 Audi 100 cs and have had some problems with the
car alarm doing weird things and radio saying "SAFE" but thanks to this
website got them fixed.

Now.......... we have no heat - the display screen on the climate control
is fading so it is hard to see. we just purchased the owners manual so
now we know how to work it. (:
we set the temp on high and tried all buttons but still only cold air has
been blowing out of all the vents. check vacuum valve that coolant flows
through and some piece between the valve and heater core there is another
valve???? with a screw head seems to stop flow there.
( I dont have a repair manual but it looks like I will need to purchase
one) Does anyone have any Ideas that would help??? I am trying to save $$$
and fix myself

thanks

Old December 19th 05, 07:05 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

If both lines to the heater core (to andfrom) are hot then the heater control
valve is not the problem.

Likely problem is the heater flap control motor. On your car I think that it is
located on the top of the drivers side of the heater fan box. Located just in
front of the windshield under the hood.