Magnets on the fuel line intake

Old August 26th 08, 09:44 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
laurentien

Default Magnets on the fuel line intake

I would like to inquire if any Audi drivers in this forum have
installed magnets on their fuel line intake.

It is an old idea that comes from the second world war when the Brits
were putting those on their Hurricanes and Spitfires to boost them up
against the german warplanes. The RAF also indicated that they were
also acheiving fuel economy. Even the USAF did install them on their
Mustang. The germans were putting magnetic rods inside the fuel intake
and this would reduce the amount of black fumes coming out of their
engine exhausts making them less likely to be seen.

There are lots of websites selling them in the UK or Germany,

Even Jacques Calvet (former Peugeot-Citroen president) has once said
that motors will be improved with proper use of magnetic technology.

In some other car forums there is much controversy about these since I
have seen writers insulting others abou this issue which I believe is
worth gathering facts from the largest amount of trials.

My own experience now is that I have installed two magnets from
Magnofuel in Germany on the plastic tube before the fuel pump and my
car which is an Audi 80 with a 1.9 L TDi engine has seen dramatic
acceleration improvements in the low revs. This is important for this
car since it was lacking punch and now it is quite decent in ciry
traffic.

LHR
Old August 26th 08, 04:49 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dano58

On Aug 26, 4:44*am, laurentien > wrote:
> I would like to inquire if any Audi drivers in this forum have
> installed magnets on their fuel line intake.
>
> It is an old idea that comes from the second world war when the Brits
> were putting those on their Hurricanes and Spitfires to boost them up
> against the german warplanes. The RAF also indicated that they were
> also acheiving fuel economy. Even the USAF did install them on their
> Mustang. The germans were putting magnetic rods inside the fuel intake
> and this would reduce the amount of black fumes coming out of their
> engine exhausts making them less likely to be seen.
>
> There are lots of websites selling them in the UK or Germany,
>
> Even Jacques Calvet (former Peugeot-Citroen president) has once said
> that motors will be improved with proper use of magnetic technology.
>
> In some other car forums there is much controversy about these since I
> have seen writers insulting others abou this issue which I believe is
> worth gathering facts from the largest amount of trials.
>
> My own experience now is that I have installed two magnets from
> Magnofuel in Germany on the plastic tube before the fuel pump and my
> car which is an Audi 80 with a 1.9 L TDi engine has seen dramatic
> acceleration improvements in the low revs. This is important for this
> car since it was lacking punch and now it is quite decent in ciry
> traffic.
>
> LHR

Why don't you try them while running on water as fuel?

http://www.mnsu.edu/news/read/?paper...old-1086498001

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA
Old August 26th 08, 08:36 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Daniels

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 01:44:31 -0700 (PDT), against all advice,
something compelled laurentien >, to say:

> I would like to inquire if any Audi drivers in this forum have
> installed magnets on their fuel line intake.

If such a simple and inexpensive modification actually worked,
don't you think cars would come that way from the factory?
--

Life is too short to play cheap guitars.
Old August 27th 08, 02:09 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dano58

On Aug 26, 3:36*pm, Steve Daniels > wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 01:44:31 -0700 (PDT), against all advice,
> something compelled laurentien >, to say:
>
> > * * I would like to inquire if any Audi drivers in this forum have
> > * * installed magnets on their fuel line intake.

> If such a simple and inexpensive modification actually worked,
> don't you think cars would come that way from the factory?

Exactly. Same with the 200 mpg carburetor, intake 'superchargers',
etc....

BTW, I play a cheap guitar and love it..... ;-)

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA

Old August 27th 08, 02:47 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
laurentien

On Aug 26, 10:36*pm, Steve Daniels > wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 01:44:31 -0700 (PDT), against all advice,
> something compelled laurentien >, to say:
>
> > * * I would like to inquire if any Audi drivers in this forum have
> > * * installed magnets on their fuel line intake.

> If such a simple and inexpensive modification actually worked,
> don't you think cars would come that way from the factory?
> --
>
> Life is too short to play cheap guitars.

As I told you my old Audi has much more punch in the low revs, so it
is working.
My friend living in front of our house, he has put them on his Toyota
Lucida and his Land Rover and he says that he saves on fuel
consumption. About milleage, I am making my own tests on long trips
now and I will give up the results later when I have done enough to be
reliable results.

I am a engineering researcher and I can tell you that there are a lot
of ideas that are good but for some reasons were never used or each
time you talk about them, there is huge lot of uneducated sceptics
that make fun of you.

I will give you an example.
Citroen did put front wheel drive on its main production car (the
Traction) in 1935 making them the first company to mass produce a FWD.
They offered the best road holding cars of that era and nobdy
followed. They would beat an Alfa Romeo or Bentley in the curves
easily. Citroen again proposed a cheap front wheel drive with full
independant suspensions which was sold at a very cheap price in 1948.
the 2 CV. You had to wait until recently when all other car
manufacturers followed and commenced building FWD. 30 years later than
Citroen.

Bests,

LHR

Life is too short to drive US cars.
Old August 27th 08, 04:26 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Daniels

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 06:47:17 -0700 (PDT), against all advice,
something compelled laurentien >, to say:

> I am a engineering researcher and I can tell you that there are a lot
> of ideas that are good but for some reasons were never used or each
> time you talk about them, there is huge lot of uneducated sceptics
> that make fun of you.

When I was but a lad, back in 1970 or so, I would spend hours
pouring over the J.C. Whitney catalogue, my longing gaze drifting
over the tools, the parts, the accessories. One of the things
you could get from them was a magnet that clamped around the fuel
line, and it was supposed to do all the things you are claiming.

It sounded like bull**** to me then, and it sounds like bull****
to me now. I remember the first gas crisis (OPEC? What's an
OPEC?) and sitting in line to pick up the ten gallons we were
allowed. The auto manufactures, caught flat footed, started
building the most ugly cars ever turned loose upon the streets of
this fair land. They were smaller, however, and got better
mileage in an effort to compete with Datsun and Toyota.

One would suspect that if a magnet would have helped with that,
magnets would have been installed.

I suspect your performance improvements exist largely in your
mind.
--

Life is too short to play cheap guitars.
Old August 27th 08, 04:37 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Frank

laurentien knastet i vei:

> I will give you an example.
> Citroen did put front wheel drive on its main production car (the
> Traction) in 1935 making them the first company to mass produce a FWD.

Ehh .. DKW did it before, early 1931
Old August 28th 08, 07:34 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
\(!\)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fuel-Saver-for...d=p3286.c0.m14

Old August 28th 08, 08:01 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
laurentien

On Aug 27, 6:37*pm, Frank > wrote:
> laurentien knastet i vei:
>
> > I will give you an example.
> > Citroen did put front wheel drive on its main production car (the
> > Traction) in 1935 making them the first company to mass produce a FWD.

> Ehh .. DKW did it before, early 1931

DKW which entered Auto Union in 1932, they only offered a FWD in 1951.

Citroen is still the first car manufacturer to bring FWD to a car
built on a production line.
The first car that came with FWD was in fact the Cord but it was hand
made and was not available to the average person.

LHR
Old August 28th 08, 08:17 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
laurentien

On Aug 27, 6:26*pm, Steve Daniels > wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 06:47:17 -0700 (PDT), against all advice,
> something compelled laurentien >, to say:
>
> > * * I am a engineering researcher and I can tell you that there are a lot
> > * * of ideas that are good but for some reasons were never used or each
> > * * time you talk about them, there is huge lot of uneducated sceptics
> > * * that make fun of you.

> When I was but a lad, back in 1970 or so, I would spend hours
> pouring over the J.C. Whitney catalogue, my longing gaze drifting
> over the tools, the parts, the accessories. *One of the things
> you could get from them was a magnet that clamped around the fuel
> line, and it was supposed to do all the things you are claiming.
>
> It sounded like bull**** to me then, and it sounds like bull****
> to me now. *I remember the first gas crisis (OPEC? *What's an
> OPEC?) and sitting in line to pick up the ten gallons we were
> allowed. *The auto manufactures, caught flat footed, started
> building the most ugly cars ever turned loose upon the streets of
> this fair land. *They were smaller, however, and got better
> mileage in an effort to compete with Datsun and Toyota.
>
> One would suspect that if a magnet would have helped with that,
> magnets would have been installed.
>
> I suspect your performance improvements exist largely in your
> mind.
> --
>
> Life is too short to play cheap guitars.

Lets try to be Cartesian or rational about these subjects.

What you believe is of no interest for people living on facts and
scientific thinking. That is the basis of engineering, never take for
granted what people believe, it often proves wrong. Example, when a
persone drive a car with a small engine with not much torque, they
will drive it in the low revs because they feel the engine suffers
less since it makes less noise. They then drive the car with almost no
torque and risk to damage it. Try to explain that to the average
people knowing nothing about cars.

What I am trying to do here is to collect facts from people who made
tests by themselves and give enough information so we can repeat them.
One guy showed a page of researchers who have tried various fuel
saving gadgets where they say that nothing works so these results are
important but we only see their results but we have no idea of what
they tried and which methodology they applied. Then, I do not know if
they worked properly and if their results are valid. Double checking
others results is part of our academic jobs.

And now, if you have not tried magnets on our own Audi, how can you
have the honest nerve to say that performance improvements exist
largely in my mind. People should not judge each other in that sense.

LHR

Life is too short to drive US cars.

Replacing main fuel pump. Question pinching fuel line from transfer pump. tonyw VW water cooled 2 August 14th 06 06:09 AM
magnets on fuel line barry Mazda 22 July 29th 06 02:44 PM
New Fuel Line? Lee VW air cooled 10 October 19th 05 02:04 PM
Magnets, apple corers and other fuel saving devices Technology 22 September 21st 05 06:27 PM
Fuel line leak at fuel rail [email protected] Technology 2 May 9th 05 01:33 AM