best tires for A4 v6 cabrio

Old November 22nd 04, 04:05 PM
--cc--

Default best tires for A4 v6 cabrio

Hi, i wonder if someone can help me to choose a pair of tires for my car.
I own an A4 cabrio (2003) with sport pack. Tire size for my car is:
235/45/17.
I drive fast, but not in excess, 95% in dry roads (40% highroad, 20% road
and 30% city). Average temperature is 21,5ºC (in winter ocassionally rains,
but there is never snow).
I have look for the following options (but will hear other suggestions;
except pirelli):

- michelin pilot primacy
- michelin pilot sport
- goodyear eagle F1(94Y)

thanks in advance for your help

Old November 22nd 04, 05:16 PM
Pete

"--cc--" > wrote
> I have look for the following options (but will hear other suggestions;
> except pirelli):
>
> - michelin pilot primacy
> - michelin pilot sport
> - goodyear eagle F1(94Y)
>
> thanks in advance for your help

You forgot to tell us what your priorities are. What do you expect from
these tires? Comfort? Low noise? Crisp steering response? Good grip?
Long treadwear?

For a good all-around summer performance tire I'd recommend
ContiSportContact2. It's not as performance-oriented as say Bridgestone
S-03, but is very quiet and comfortable.

If you want something more performance-oriented and don't mind reduced
comfort and possibly higher noise level, then the afore mentioned S-03 would
be good (great in the wet as well), or the new Michelin Pilot Sport 2.

For something in the middle, the Goodyear F1 GSD3 should be pretty good, or
Dunlop SP Maxx or Toyo T1-S.

And if you want longer treadlife, then you should look at all-season tires.

Cheers,

Pete

Old November 26th 04, 01:08 PM
--cc--

Thanks

Time for Tires ChefCharming Audi 12 November 12th 04 01:07 PM
1994 Cabrio top motor question Jimz466 Audi 0 October 14th 04 03:17 PM
Audi 80 Cabrio 1992 Peter Svennson Audi 2 August 23rd 04 06:38 PM
A4 cabrio vs CLK cabrio (space in the back) Jesper Lauridsen Audi 4 August 4th 04 02:37 PM
Cost of repair Audi BMW Saab...(still crossposting) Matt O'Toole Audi 18 May 13th 04 09:41 PM