A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » Dodge
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Dodge Intrepid 2.7L engine problems Replace with 3.2



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old December 29th 04, 07:58 PM
Dan C
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:51:08 -0500, bigdan4712 wrote:

> Yes it is. Because dodge buys ****ty parts and engines from mitsubishi in
> japan, is reason why this car needs extreme maintenance schedules. You
> shouldn't have to be so careful with a car.


OK, that proves beyond a doubt that you are indeed stupid.

> Thats my dad swears never buy dodge after he owned a 75 charger. It was
> a piece of ****. it broke down every month.


Sounds like the stupidity runs in the family. Do you or your dad know the
meaning of "scheduled maintenance"?

> id never buy dodge, and don't jump on dodges side, because i
> know cars. im not a mopar moron. dodge = trash.


OK, you're not a "mopar moron", you're just a "regular" MORON. Go buy a
Chevy and bother those people in their newsgroup. Stay the **** out of
here, dip****.

--
If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Linux Registered User #327951

Ads
  #62  
Old December 29th 04, 11:29 PM
bigdan4712
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

dont get anal with me pal. i didnt post it twice.

  #63  
Old December 29th 04, 11:29 PM
bigdan4712
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

dont get anal with me pal. i didnt post it twice.

  #64  
Old December 29th 04, 11:51 PM
bigdan4712
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

you want to explain to me how i am stupid? and ill gurantee you my dad
knows a hell of alot more about cars then you could wish you could know.
my maintenance schedule was proper, as a matter of fact, i had my oil
changed before the car even needed an oil change. and don't forget, i
owned this car for 2 and half months. i think your just a die hard dodge
fan, and you just absolutely LOVE to work on cars just like FORD people.
i don't see how i am a moron because it isnt my fault that the car was a
POS. how could you say i am a moron, when i took good care of the vehicle,
and checked the oil at every gas fill up and it just burned oil. how about
that for dodge? i put 3, count em, 3 quarts of oil back into the dodge over
a period of time because it burned it. i can pull up a whole list of people
i know that has more problems than they can count on the fingers with their
dodges. how does that make me a moron? because i am smarter than you are,
and buy chevrolets? how about my dad has been chevys for years, and we
have had no serious problems with them whatsoever other than door locks no
working. which is minimal compared engine damage and head gasket like
dodge. we have owned over 5 chevy astro vans, and they all had 300k miles
plus on them before we got rid of them. my parents last lumina (1992) ran
to 212k and we got rid of it because my mom was bitching about a new car.
we then bought another (1997) lumina, and it has 207k on it. i dont think
chevys are Pieces of **** either. im sorry you feel that way about me, but
i just proved you wrong. the only way that i would be a moron is because i
bought a dodge. oh, by the way, quit bitching.

  #65  
Old December 29th 04, 11:51 PM
bigdan4712
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

you want to explain to me how i am stupid? and ill gurantee you my dad
knows a hell of alot more about cars then you could wish you could know.
my maintenance schedule was proper, as a matter of fact, i had my oil
changed before the car even needed an oil change. and don't forget, i
owned this car for 2 and half months. i think your just a die hard dodge
fan, and you just absolutely LOVE to work on cars just like FORD people.
i don't see how i am a moron because it isnt my fault that the car was a
POS. how could you say i am a moron, when i took good care of the vehicle,
and checked the oil at every gas fill up and it just burned oil. how about
that for dodge? i put 3, count em, 3 quarts of oil back into the dodge over
a period of time because it burned it. i can pull up a whole list of people
i know that has more problems than they can count on the fingers with their
dodges. how does that make me a moron? because i am smarter than you are,
and buy chevrolets? how about my dad has been chevys for years, and we
have had no serious problems with them whatsoever other than door locks no
working. which is minimal compared engine damage and head gasket like
dodge. we have owned over 5 chevy astro vans, and they all had 300k miles
plus on them before we got rid of them. my parents last lumina (1992) ran
to 212k and we got rid of it because my mom was bitching about a new car.
we then bought another (1997) lumina, and it has 207k on it. i dont think
chevys are Pieces of **** either. im sorry you feel that way about me, but
i just proved you wrong. the only way that i would be a moron is because i
bought a dodge. oh, by the way, quit bitching.

  #66  
Old December 30th 04, 01:02 AM
Dan C
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:51:07 -0500, bigdan4712 wrote:

> you want to explain to me how i am stupid? and ill gurantee you my dad
> knows a hell of alot more about cars then you could wish you could know.


OK, I'll explain to you why you are stupid. Because..... you come in here
saying "dodge's suck" with no real basis. You seem to have had ONE bad
experience with ONE Dodge. That doesn't make ALL Dodges suck. See? Do
you see now why you are stupid to say that? Also, you cannot possibly
"gurantee" that your dad knows more than me, because you absolutely do not
know how much I know. Get it?

> i think your just a die hard dodge fan, and you just absolutely LOVE to
> work on cars just like FORD people.


Nope, I'm just an average Dodge fan, I own 3 of them at the moment, and
love all 3. Haven't had one single problem with any of them. I've also
owned two others that I have sold (in perfect running condition). I don't
really like to work on cars, although I do occasionally.

> i don't see how i am a moron because it isnt my fault that the car was a
> POS. how could you say i am a moron, when i took good care of the


If it was a POS, why did you buy it? That makes you a moron. See?

> i can pull up a whole list of people i know that has more problems than
> they can count on the fingers with their dodges.


And I can produce a (probably larger) list of people I know that don't
have problems with their Dodges. What does that prove?

> im sorry you feel that way about me, but i just proved you wrong.


You did? You *proved* it? How?

> only way that i would be a moron is because i bought a dodge.


OK, so you do admit to being a moron, then. I mean, you bought a Dodge,
so according to YOU, you must be a moron. Is that right?

--
If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Linux Registered User #327951

  #67  
Old December 30th 04, 01:02 AM
Dan C
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:51:07 -0500, bigdan4712 wrote:

> you want to explain to me how i am stupid? and ill gurantee you my dad
> knows a hell of alot more about cars then you could wish you could know.


OK, I'll explain to you why you are stupid. Because..... you come in here
saying "dodge's suck" with no real basis. You seem to have had ONE bad
experience with ONE Dodge. That doesn't make ALL Dodges suck. See? Do
you see now why you are stupid to say that? Also, you cannot possibly
"gurantee" that your dad knows more than me, because you absolutely do not
know how much I know. Get it?

> i think your just a die hard dodge fan, and you just absolutely LOVE to
> work on cars just like FORD people.


Nope, I'm just an average Dodge fan, I own 3 of them at the moment, and
love all 3. Haven't had one single problem with any of them. I've also
owned two others that I have sold (in perfect running condition). I don't
really like to work on cars, although I do occasionally.

> i don't see how i am a moron because it isnt my fault that the car was a
> POS. how could you say i am a moron, when i took good care of the


If it was a POS, why did you buy it? That makes you a moron. See?

> i can pull up a whole list of people i know that has more problems than
> they can count on the fingers with their dodges.


And I can produce a (probably larger) list of people I know that don't
have problems with their Dodges. What does that prove?

> im sorry you feel that way about me, but i just proved you wrong.


You did? You *proved* it? How?

> only way that i would be a moron is because i bought a dodge.


OK, so you do admit to being a moron, then. I mean, you bought a Dodge,
so according to YOU, you must be a moron. Is that right?

--
If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Linux Registered User #327951

  #68  
Old December 30th 04, 05:09 AM
toyota1
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We havent done a 3.5 yet, but are changing them to 3.2L-- Im sure it is
possible to do a 3.5L, as for the most part they are the same as the 3.2,
except for displacement--as far as computer differences in the 3.5L, not
sure, but the 3.2 is the same as the 2.7... There are several minor things
required to do the changeover from a 2.7 to 3.2--- air intake piping,
dipstick tube, throttle and cruise cables, heater and radiator hoses, and
a power steering line. The right exhaust pipe has to be shortened and an
oil cooler added. other than that, the a/c lines have to be rerouted to
the top of the engine. We've been getting engines with all the
accessories, starter, alt, p/s, etc, already attached. Wiring is all the
same... its a matter of 3 plugs near the ecm.... they have gone very
smoothly so far and can be done in about 2 days-- if you have a lift and
the equipment. we just drop the cradle engine and all out the bottom of
the car, change everything over, and install it back in. The 2.7 ecu and
wiring will run the 3.2 no problem.

  #69  
Old December 30th 04, 05:09 AM
toyota1
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We havent done a 3.5 yet, but are changing them to 3.2L-- Im sure it is
possible to do a 3.5L, as for the most part they are the same as the 3.2,
except for displacement--as far as computer differences in the 3.5L, not
sure, but the 3.2 is the same as the 2.7... There are several minor things
required to do the changeover from a 2.7 to 3.2--- air intake piping,
dipstick tube, throttle and cruise cables, heater and radiator hoses, and
a power steering line. The right exhaust pipe has to be shortened and an
oil cooler added. other than that, the a/c lines have to be rerouted to
the top of the engine. We've been getting engines with all the
accessories, starter, alt, p/s, etc, already attached. Wiring is all the
same... its a matter of 3 plugs near the ecm.... they have gone very
smoothly so far and can be done in about 2 days-- if you have a lift and
the equipment. we just drop the cradle engine and all out the bottom of
the car, change everything over, and install it back in. The 2.7 ecu and
wiring will run the 3.2 no problem.

  #70  
Old December 30th 04, 06:24 PM
Larry Crites
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This sounds like the rantings of an adolescent. "My dad can beat up your
dad!" Every auto manufacturer has some "bad" cars on the street. For every
post from someone who has trouble with one Mopar and claims all Mopars are
bad, there's a hundred satisfied Mopar owners that you don't see posts from.
So you didn't have "trouble" with any of your chebbies, doesn't mean other
people don't have lots of trouble with them. Considering, General
Maintenance set a record for recalls this year. In fact, these guys have the
highest recall rate than all other manufacturers, combined. Not to mention
the cheating of their customers, like putting chebby engines in the
Oldsmopiles and charging the higher price. Nah, I'll stay with my Mopars
little kid.

Larry
Unlock the Universe

"bigdan4712" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...


<<<snipped the B.S.>>>


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
95 Dodge Neon with tons of problems JBSham Dodge 4 November 7th 04 12:55 PM
1991 Dodge Spirit - start-up problems. engine turns over. No Thankyou Dodge 0 June 10th 04 03:40 AM
2000 Dodge Neon (Ticking, Noisy starting engine) Ken Dodge 14 April 23rd 04 04:06 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 AutoBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.