25th Anniversary Edition Mazda MX-5 Miata

Old May 21st 14, 07:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
MummyChunk

Default 25th Anniversary Edition Mazda MX-5 Miata

Looking to buy one of the limited-edition 25th Anniversary Mazda MX-5
Miata roadsters? Well, you're too late. They sold out in 10 mins.

From AB

2015 MAZDA MX-5 MIATA 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION SELLS OUT WITHIN 10
MINUTES

All 100 Limited-Edition Models Were Reserved Via Exclusive Online
Pre-Order Program

IRVINE, Calif. (May 20, 2014) – The microsite countdown was set to
10:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) today and within 10 minutes, all
100 of the 2015 MX-5 Miata 25th Anniversary Edition models were
dutifully reserved. The pre-order program was set to run through 11:25
AM PDT on May 31, 2014 or when 250 customers were registered,
whichever came first. The extended end date proved unnecessary as the
consumer anticipation and fervor with which the limited-edition model
was sold was not entirely unexpected but a pleasant surprise
nonetheless.

"It is no secret the MX-5 Miata 25th Anniversary Edition is a
specially-crafted 'Thank you' to every MX-5 fan – former, current and
hopefully future," said Jim O'Sullivan, president and CEO, Mazda
North American Operations (MNAO). "The enthusiasm surrounding the
MX-5 since its debut in 1989 has been nothing short of phenomenal, and
we sincerely appreciate every single person that has experienced the
absolute joy of driving with in an MX-5 – whether behind the wheel or
as a passenger. Since day one, this vehicle has been a true driver's
car and we hope to continue to build upon its dynamic legacy for
generations to come."

Faster than the dial-up connections of yore, 250 registrants accessed
the 25th anniversary pre-order microsite. Registered customers will be
contacted directly by MNAO, of which the first 100 verified will be
given the opportunity to pre-order an anniversary model. Upon
verification of purchase intent and transmission selection, the
customer's information will then be forwarded to the dealership of
their choosing to finalize the transaction. The anniversary model will
arrive in dealerships beginning late summer, as will the rest of the
2015 model-year MX-5 Miata lineup.

Pricing for the MX-5 Miata 25th Anniversary Edition starts at
$32,205[1] MSRP vehicles equipped with a six-speed manual transmission
and at $32,655 MSRP for those equipped with an automatic. There are no
additional packages available and all anniversary models are equipped
with a Power-Retractable Hard Top.

Additionally, MX-5 Miata 25th Anniversary Edition owners each will
receive a custom-crafted Tourneau watch and display winder box. The
Swiss-made, stainless steel watch sports Italian-made genuine leather
black straps with contrast Mazda-signature Soul Red stitching and a
deployant buckle. At 42 millimeters in diameter, the watch features a
genuine sapphire crystal face with an anti-glare coating, as well as a
genuine sapphire crystal on the see-through case back to showcase the
watch movement and rotor. The exhibition case back features a 25-jewel
ETA 2824-2 movement with special two-tone Cótes de Genève décor. Each
watch and display set also will feature MX-5 and 25th Anniversary
logos.

View the attachments for this post at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...9214#287329214

Old July 7th 14, 12:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

I have one of the 100 MX525's coming to the US if someone would like to buy my 2010 Grand Touring. http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/4533853870.html