Paint codes?

Old July 2nd 13, 01:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

Default Paint codes?

I found the label that is supposed to have the paint codes for my '09 Vue.
It was in the glove box left sidewall. Label was headed with "Service Parts
Identification"

Last line was
"waterbased 83B"

I can not match anything on this list to a duplicolor or other touch-up
paint supplier. Does anybody have info on how to decode this?

tia - Oppie

Old July 3rd 13, 08:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

Part of the mystery is that the dealer says the body paint is "deep blue"
while "imperial blue", code 403P, is listed by duplicolor and the like. I am
assuming that the top coat is clear and not tinted. Nobody is saying.
The other part is that the Saturn SPI label is all three digit/letter codes
instead of the longer codes mostly used.

I contacted the parts manager at White Plains Buick GMC (the former Saturn
of White Plains location) who is looking into getting me hooked up.

Old July 18th 13, 05:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_7_]

"Oppie" > wrote in message
> Part of the mystery is that the dealer says the body paint is "deep blue"
> while "imperial blue", code 403P, is listed by duplicolor and the like. I
> am assuming that the top coat is clear and not tinted. Nobody is saying.
> The other part is that the Saturn SPI label is all three digit/letter
> codes instead of the longer codes mostly used.
>
> I contacted the parts manager at White Plains Buick GMC (the former Saturn
> of White Plains location) who is looking into getting me hooked up.

Thank you again to Bill Darcy, Parts Manager of WhitePlainsBuickGMC.com who
got me the touch-up paint.
#88860737 Code 37 WA 403P
Imperial Blue Met
Comes in the customary bottle that has a brush and a pen tip. Label says "GM
Vehicle Care".

I'd appreciate if you can send prayers and/or positive energy (whatever your
thing is) to Bill. He has been dealing with a bad case of Kidney stones
which has not totally been fixed yet. I had my first and only stone a few
years ago so I know the pain - Bill's is a series of larger stones.

Thank you!

Paint codes for 1970 single cab. Help needed vgonman VW air cooled 1 April 10th 07 01:39 PM
Paint codes? Tunafish VW air cooled 2 April 10th 05 03:04 PM
paint codes Rusted Jeep 5 February 3rd 05 05:11 PM
wheel paint color codes Brent P Ford Mustang 1 January 17th 05 06:02 AM