98 breeze blower motor amps?

Old December 11th 06, 07:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Not Trying

Default 98 breeze blower motor amps?

how many amps is two much for a blower motor with the 2.4 and ac
have blown the 2nd Blower Motor Resistor in 3 weeks first was OEM
anyone have a good guess for it ?

ps i also have to do a head gasket SOON, big oil leak is it a pain in
the ass to do , or just the 15 or so hours for me to do have only done
1 other head gasket before

thanks for any info

--
(Thanks)
Not Trying

..
Old December 11th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Larry Crites

I don't know the amperage rating, but, on my Intrepid, when my resistor went
out, I put a new one in and it promptly went out. So I just replaced the
blower motor assembly. New resistor, no more problem.

Larry
Behold Beware Believe

Old December 11th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
sqdancerLynn

Head gasket is not bad just time consuming. PS resivoir is a "B" Make sure
you get the new style 3 layer gasket & you are supposed to replace the head
bolts. Figure a long weekend
Check the rear lobes on the cams as the leak can cause inadquit oil to the
cam journals.

Old December 12th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Not Trying

In article
outautos.com>,
sqdancerLynn > wrote:

> Head gasket is not bad just time consuming. PS resivoir is a "B" Make sure
> you get the new style 3 layer gasket & you are supposed to replace the head
> bolts. Figure a long weekend
> Check the rear lobes on the cams as the leak can cause inadquit oil to the
> cam journals.

thanks for all the info
i knew about the new gasket but did not hear about the cam
pulled the blower today and it's kind of stiff not bad but not good so
i think i have to pop in a new one.

i wish i could get a .pdf file for the head gasket replacement steps
and not have to buy a $90 book... i know it's on a cd or book
so i just need that part

any idea where that might be found ?
thanks again everyone

i think i will do it in a week or so ....

--
(Thanks)
Not Trying

..
Old December 12th 06, 11:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Not Trying wrote:

> ...i wish i could get a .pdf file for the head gasket replacement steps
> and not have to buy a $90 book... i know it's on a cd or book
> so i just need that part
>
> any idea where that might be found ?

for any second vehilce or anual renewal) for your vehicle - should have
the procedure. Whatever it does have should be right out of the FSM
(i.e., not some aftermarket half-baked re-write).

Also - Bigger city libraries have FSM's.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old December 12th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Dec 12, 4:26 am, Bill Putney > wrote:
> Not Trying wrote:
> > ...i wish i could get a .pdf file for the head gasket replacement steps
> > and not have to buy a $90 book... i know it's on a cd or book
> > so i just need that part

> for any second vehilce or anual renewal) for your vehicle - should have
> the procedure. Whatever it does have should be right out of the FSM
> (i.e., not some aftermarket half-baked re-write).
>
> Also - Bigger city libraries have FSM's.
>
> Bill Putney
> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> address with the letter 'x')

I agree with Bill on this one. You will want to have a FSM or an
alldata subscription. Also, I would suggest taking the
head to a competent machine shop to re-surface if needed. They can also
replace any valves or springs if needed.
The new MLS "Multi-layered steel" headgasket is available from the
dealer. I don't know if it is available from the aftermarket yet.

The new gasket was put into production around Feb. 1999, at least that
is what I have been able to determine.

-KM

Old December 14th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Not Trying

In article .com>,
"> wrote:

> On Dec 12, 4:26 am, Bill Putney > wrote:
> > Not Trying wrote:
> > > ...i wish i could get a .pdf file for the head gasket replacement steps
> > > and not have to buy a $90 book... i know it's on a cd or book
> > > so i just need that part

> > > any idea where that might be found ?You could spring for
> > > awww.alldata.comsubscription ($25 for a year; $15

> > for any second vehilce or anual renewal) for your vehicle - should have
> > the procedure. Whatever it does have should be right out of the FSM
> > (i.e., not some aftermarket half-baked re-write).
> >
> > Also - Bigger city libraries have FSM's.
> >
> > Bill Putney
> > (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> > address with the letter 'x')

> I agree with Bill on this one. You will want to have a FSM or an
> alldata subscription. Also, I would suggest taking the
> head to a competent machine shop to re-surface if needed. They can also
> replace any valves or springs if needed.
> The new MLS "Multi-layered steel" headgasket is available from the
> dealer. I don't know if it is available from the aftermarket yet.
>
> The new gasket was put into production around Feb. 1999, at least that
> is what I have been able to determine.
>
> -KM

might be a good place to get the info i need www.alldata.com so thanks
for the help
right new i have some jb weild or the left back of the head and it
looks like it stoped the oil drip for now so i have some time untill
after the hollidays i hope to rip it apart

ps the car has 59,000 on it and always have used moble1 full sys in it

it looks like if i bought the car 2 months later it would have had the
updated gasket....

thanks

--
(Thanks)