Anyone Ever Put An Optima In A 5.0?

Old November 22nd 04, 09:30 PM
Patrick

Default Anyone Ever Put An Optima In A 5.0?

I know they don't make them for my application, but I was wondering if
anyone somehow made one fit under the hood of a 5.0 Mustang.

Patrick
'93 Cobra
'83 LTD
Old November 23rd 04, 11:07 PM
Jim S.

As in the battery?

I have a yellow-top in my car and it fits just fine. 87 tray, hold down I
think is '82 --it's the j-bolt with a top bracket variety--, add the hood is
an 82 Capri hood. Which application do you want the battery for, the Cobra
or the LTD?

If it turns out the hold-down is your issue, don't worry about it, you can
probably rig something up. Not only that, the hold down is mostly there so
your battery doesn't get flung around in a crash. Simple solution to that
problem - don't crash.

I didn't have a hold-down installed for several months. Mine was old dirty,
and it took awhile to get around to painting it. I never had any problems.

If you can't find the dimensions online, let me know and I can measure mine
for you!

Jim S.
'82 Mutant

om...

Old December 4th 04, 04:29 AM
Patrick

"Jim S." > wrote in message >...

Sorry about the late reply.

Yes, please post the dimensions.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick
'93 Cobra
'83 LTD

Old December 4th 04, 04:39 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

I have one but it resides in the hatch. That's one way to make it fit
and improve your F/R weight balance.