For those who are interested...

Old November 6th 12, 10:06 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.driving
AC[_3_]

Default For those who are interested...

Alan Baker wrote:
> <http://youtu.be/uYT4NWB7Egc>
>
> A little more from Laguna Seca.
>
> What do you think?

I think it looks like bloody good fun.

Anything else relevant?

--
AC
Old November 6th 12, 12:14 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.driving
News

On 11/6/2012 5:06 AM, AC wrote:
> Alan Baker wrote:
>> <http://youtu.be/uYT4NWB7Egc>
>>
>> A little more from Laguna Seca.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>

> I think it looks like bloody good fun.
>
> Anything else relevant?

Great tease and promo for the Barber school.
Old November 6th 12, 01:43 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.driving
down_hill

News wrote:
> On 11/6/2012 5:06 AM, AC wrote:
>> Alan Baker wrote:
>>> <http://youtu.be/uYT4NWB7Egc>
>>>
>>> A little more from Laguna Seca.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>

>> I think it looks like bloody good fun.
>>
>> Anything else relevant?
>>

> Great tease and promo for the Barber school.

The patches on drivers suits do more.

Everybody who wants to be a race car driver goes there.
In years past you could do work for them like being a corner worker or
track assistant and get seat time or a low paying job like being a
intern maybe closer to being a serf.

Also good if you not into racing there are different types of classes
and you get good instructors like Tom who find out after the driving
career goes now where they still need to work and being a driver
instructor is pretty easy if you can do it.

Skippy did well with that school it's base of operation moved to Road
Atlanta from lime rock when skippy sold it.
Old November 6th 12, 02:34 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.driving
News

On 11/6/2012 8:43 AM, down_hill wrote:
> News wrote:

>>> I think it looks like bloody good fun.
>>>
>>> Anything else relevant?
>>>

>> Great tease and promo for the Barber school.

> The patches on drivers suits do more.
>
> Everybody who wants to be a race car driver goes there.
> In years past you could do work for them like being a corner worker or
> track assistant and get seat time or a low paying job like being a
> intern maybe closer to being a serf.
>
> Also good if you not into racing there are different types of classes
> and you get good instructors like Tom who find out after the driving
> career goes now where they still need to work and being a driver
> instructor is pretty easy if you can do it.
>
> Skippy did well with that school it's base of operation moved to Road
> Atlanta from lime rock when skippy sold it.

Any idea whether Bruce MacInnes is still involved?

Old November 6th 12, 03:41 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.driving
down_hill

News wrote:
> On 11/6/2012 8:43 AM, down_hill wrote:
>> News wrote:

>>> Great tease and promo for the Barber school.

>> The patches on drivers suits do more.
>>
>> Everybody who wants to be a race car driver goes there.
>> In years past you could do work for them like being a corner worker or
>> track assistant and get seat time or a low paying job like being a
>> intern maybe closer to being a serf.
>>
>> Also good if you not into racing there are different types of classes
>> and you get good instructors like Tom who find out after the driving
>> career goes now where they still need to work and being a driver
>> instructor is pretty easy if you can do it.
>>
>> Skippy did well with that school it's base of operation moved to Road
>> Atlanta from lime rock when skippy sold it.

> Any idea whether Bruce MacInnes is still involved?

My buddy chief instructor still flying paper planes and still teaching.

great guy great instructor great driver --
The greatest driver that never went anywhere!
Old November 6th 12, 04:00 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.driving
News

On 11/6/2012 10:41 AM, down_hill wrote:
> News wrote:

>>> The patches on drivers suits do more.
>>>
>>> Everybody who wants to be a race car driver goes there.
>>> In years past you could do work for them like being a corner worker or
>>> track assistant and get seat time or a low paying job like being a
>>> intern maybe closer to being a serf.
>>>
>>> Also good if you not into racing there are different types of classes
>>> and you get good instructors like Tom who find out after the driving
>>> career goes now where they still need to work and being a driver
>>> instructor is pretty easy if you can do it.
>>>
>>> Skippy did well with that school it's base of operation moved to Road
>>> Atlanta from lime rock when skippy sold it.

>> Any idea whether Bruce MacInnes is still involved?
>>

> My buddy chief instructor still flying paper planes and still teaching.
>
> great guy great instructor great driver --
> The greatest driver that never went anywhere!

Good to hear! (Except for the last part.) Is the chicken still around?
Old November 6th 12, 04:51 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.driving
down_hill

News wrote:

>>> Any idea whether Bruce MacInnes is still involved?
>>>

>> My buddy chief instructor still flying paper planes and still teaching.
>>
>> great guy great instructor great driver --
>> The greatest driver that never went anywhere!

> Good to hear! (Except for the last part.) Is the chicken still around?

It is true sad but true.I have know Bruce since his days at Stimola in
the 70's I push new drivers to him.

Nancy Stimola had it for a while after Joe died but it was given back to
Bruce last year, it is starting to decompose.

Do you know Frank Delv*?
Old November 6th 12, 05:57 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.driving
News

On 11/6/2012 11:51 AM, down_hill wrote:

>>> My buddy chief instructor still flying paper planes and still teaching.
>>>
>>> great guy great instructor great driver --
>>> The greatest driver that never went anywhere!

>> Good to hear! (Except for the last part.) Is the chicken still around?

> It is true sad but true.I have know Bruce since his days at Stimola in
> the 70's I push new drivers to him.
>
> Nancy Stimola had it for a while after Joe died but it was given back to
> Bruce last year, it is starting to decompose.
>
> Do you know Frank Delv*?

In the late 70s and early 80s, yes.

Old November 6th 12, 06:04 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.driving
Alan Baker

In article >, AC > wrote:

> Alan Baker wrote:
> > <http://youtu.be/uYT4NWB7Egc>
> >
> > A little more from Laguna Seca.
> >
> > What do you think?
> >

> I think it looks like bloody good fun.
>
> Anything else relevant?

Well you should know that that video isn't me. I was setting up a troll
(who fell for it completely!).

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSuxx6GFjnc>

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgNke4ifuWI>

Those are my two recorded sessions.

Better than my 3-day course by about 5 seconds, but still lots of work
to do.

:-)

--
"The iPhone doesn't have...
....well, since Edwin seems to have finally crawled away for good,
Old November 6th 12, 06:21 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.autos.sport.f1,rec.autos.driving
down_hill

News wrote:

>>> Good to hear! (Except for the last part.) Is the chicken still around?

>> It is true sad but true.I have know Bruce since his days at Stimola in
>> the 70's I push new drivers to him.
>>
>> Nancy Stimola had it for a while after Joe died but it was given back to
>> Bruce last year, it is starting to decompose.
>>
>> Do you know Frank Delv*?

> In the late 70s and early 80s, yes.

He is still racing, he ran FF 3 weeks ago at the Glen still as crazy as
back then.