Fuel cost today

Old November 19th 08, 10:14 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default Fuel cost today

Stopped to pick up some dowels and aluminum plate for some fixtures
I'm building and had passed a BP station that had regular priced at
$1.83 9/10. Decided to fill up on my way home and the price had
changed to $1.78 9/10, 93 octane was $1.95 9/10, (.03˘ off for cash)
sort of like half price day................ ;-))

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old November 20th 08, 11:29 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
tww1491

"Dad" > wrote in message
.. .
> Stopped to pick up some dowels and aluminum plate for some fixtures I'm
> building and had passed a BP station that had regular priced at $1.83
> 9/10. Decided to fill up on my way home and the price had changed to
> $1.78 9/10, 93 octane was $1.95 9/10, (.03˘ off for cash) sort of like
> half price day................ ;-))
>
> --
> Dad
> 05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
> 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd
> 64 Red/red/white top/4spd

Makes you wonder what the real price is. Doubt it will stay this low for
long. Some soothsayers are predicting $8.00 per gallon at the end of the 1st
4-years of the Obama administration. I would guess things will level off
around 2.50 or so at some point. But, who knows.

Old November 21st 08, 12:15 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dick R.

tww1491 wrote:
<snip>

> Makes you wonder what the real price is. Doubt it will stay this low for
> long. Some soothsayers are predicting $8.00 per gallon at the end of the 1st
> 4-years of the Obama administration. I would guess things will level off
> around 2.50 or so at some point. But, who knows.

I think it's amazing how gas prices have dropped in the last 6 months just at
the mention of more drilling.
Prices might rise if oil companies no longer receive tax breaks. Oil
companies are choking on their profits while taxpayer Joe is trying
to make ends meet, and is making up for taxes that oil companies don't pay.
JMHO
Dick

Old November 21st 08, 02:44 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

tww1491 wrote:
> "Dad" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Stopped to pick up some dowels and aluminum plate for some fixtures I'm
>> building and had passed a BP station that had regular priced at $1.83
>> 9/10. Decided to fill up on my way home and the price had changed to
>> $1.78 9/10, 93 octane was $1.95 9/10, (.03˘ off for cash) sort of like
>> half price day................ ;-))
>>
>> --
>> Dad
>> 05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
>> 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd
>> 64 Red/red/white top/4spd

> Makes you wonder what the real price is. Doubt it will stay this low for
> long. Some soothsayers are predicting $8.00 per gallon at the end of the 1st
> 4-years of the Obama administration. I would guess things will level off
> around 2.50 or so at some point. But, who knows.

Tuesday night San Diego slipped below $2.00/gal.

This morning, I woke to the thunder of big tires
on I-5, over a mile east of my bedroom window.
The SUV & large truck commuters are back on the
road again. That will quickly erode the current
glut of fuel and we'll be back on our way up again.

Today's WSJ arrived with a brochure for private
jet 'gift cards.' $129,500 for ten hours...just
thought you'd like to know.

For their next act in DC, the big-3 CEOs would
do well to fly coach or ride Greyhound.

--
pj
Martha's maxim: If God had meant for us to fly

Old November 21st 08, 04:22 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Suttura

"pj" > kirjoitti viestissä
> tww1491 wrote:
>> "Dad" > wrote in message
>> .. .
>>> Stopped to pick up some dowels and aluminum plate for some fixtures I'm
>>> building and had passed a BP station that had regular priced at $1.83
>>> 9/10. Decided to fill up on my way home and the price had changed to
>>> $1.78 9/10, 93 octane was $1.95 9/10, (.03¢ off for cash) sort of like
>>> half price day................ ;-))
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dad
>>> 05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
>>> 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd
>>> 64 Red/red/white top/4spd

>> Makes you wonder what the real price is. Doubt it will stay this low for
>> long. Some soothsayers are predicting $8.00 per gallon at the end of the
>> 1st 4-years of the Obama administration. I would guess things will level
>> off around 2.50 or so at some point. But, who knows.

> Tuesday night San Diego slipped below $2.00/gal.
>
> This morning, I woke to the thunder of big tires on I-5, over a mile east
> of my bedroom window. The SUV & large truck commuters are back on the road
> again. That will quickly erode the current glut of fuel and we'll be back
> on our way up again.
>
> Today's WSJ arrived with a brochure for private jet 'gift cards.' $129,500
> for ten hours...just thought you'd like to know.
>
> For their next act in DC, the big-3 CEOs would do well to fly coach or
> ride Greyhound.
>
> --

In Finland we have very high prizes, those are per liter / Euro

PVM 95/€ 98/€ Di/€
Eilisen keskihinnat:
1.215 1.247 1.079
Halvin Bensa (95):
Vantaa, ShellExpress, Rekola Rekolantie 60 21.11. 1.109 - 0.979
Halvin Diesel:
Vantaa, ShellExpress, Rekola Rekolantie 60 21.11. 1.109 - 0.979
Halvin Bensa (98):
Vantaa, Neste Oil Express, Metsola Murmelikuja 3 21.11. 1.109 1.139
0.979
Kallein Bensa (95):
Kajaani, TB, Kainuunportti Mainuantie 350 21.11. 1.399 1.499 1.299
Kallein Diesel:
Kajaani, TB, Kainuunportti Mainuantie 350 21.11. 1.399 1.499 1.299
Kallein Bensa (98):
Kajaani, TB, Kainuunportti Mainuantie 350 21.11. 1.399 1.499 1.299
Raakaöljyn hinta: 20.11. $ 46,56 (1€ = 1,2542 $)

Old November 21st 08, 05:27 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"pj" > wrote in message
Snip
> This morning, I woke to the thunder of big tires on I-5, over a mile
> east of my bedroom window. The SUV & large truck commuters are back
> on the road again. That will quickly erode the current glut of fuel
> and we'll be back on our way up again.
>
> Today's WSJ arrived with a brochure for private jet 'gift cards.'
> $129,500 for ten hours...just thought you'd like to know.
>
> For their next act in DC, the big-3 CEOs would do well to fly coach
> or ride Greyhound.

I'm going to go to town more often, regular down to $1.69 9/10 this
morning.

Got to fill my gas cans for the tractor on the next run.

Old November 22nd 08, 03:39 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Suttura wrote:

> "pj" > kirjoitti viestissä
>> tww1491 wrote:
>>> "Dad" > wrote in message
>>> .. .

>>> Makes you wonder what the real price is. Doubt it will stay this low
>>> for long. Some soothsayers are predicting $8.00 per gallon at the end
>>> of the 1st 4-years of the Obama administration. I would guess things
>>> will level off around 2.50 or so at some point. But, who knows.

>> Tuesday night San Diego slipped below $2.00/gal.
>>
>> This morning, I woke to the thunder of big tires on I-5, over a mile
>> east of my bedroom window. The SUV & large truck commuters are back on
>> the road again. That will quickly erode the current glut of fuel and
>> we'll be back on our way up again.
>>
>> Today's WSJ arrived with a brochure for private jet 'gift cards.'
>> $129,500 for ten hours...just thought you'd like to know.
>>
>> For their next act in DC, the big-3 CEOs would do well to fly coach or
>> ride Greyhound.
>>
>> --

> In Finland we have very high prizes, those are per liter / Euro
>
> PVM 95/€ 98/€ Di/€
> Eilisen keskihinnat:
> 1.215 1.247 1.079
> Halvin Bensa (95):
> Vantaa, ShellExpress, Rekola Rekolantie 60 21.11. 1.109 - 0.979
> Halvin Diesel:
> Vantaa, ShellExpress, Rekola Rekolantie 60 21.11. 1.109 - 0.979
> Halvin Bensa (98):
> Vantaa, Neste Oil Express, Metsola Murmelikuja 3 21.11. 1.109 1.139
> 0.979
> Kallein Bensa (95):
> Kajaani, TB, Kainuunportti Mainuantie 350 21.11. 1.399 1.499 1.299
> Kallein Diesel:
> Kajaani, TB, Kainuunportti Mainuantie 350 21.11. 1.399 1.499 1.299
> Kallein Bensa (98):
> Kajaani, TB, Kainuunportti Mainuantie 350 21.11. 1.399 1.499 1.299
> Raakaöljyn hinta: 20.11. $ 46,56 (1€ = 1,2542 $)

The retail price of petrol in Finland includes an excise tax of EUR
0.627 a litre. So it would be more correct to say you have high taxes in
Finland.
Old November 22nd 08, 03:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Dad wrote:

> "pj" > wrote in message
> Snip
>> This morning, I woke to the thunder of big tires on I-5, over a mile
>> east of my bedroom window. The SUV & large truck commuters are back on
>> the road again. That will quickly erode the current glut of fuel and
>> we'll be back on our way up again.
>>
>> Today's WSJ arrived with a brochure for private jet 'gift cards.'
>> $129,500 for ten hours...just thought you'd like to know.
>>
>> For their next act in DC, the big-3 CEOs would do well to fly coach or
>> ride Greyhound.
>>

> I'm going to go to town more often, regular down to $1.69 9/10 this
> morning.
>
> Got to fill my gas cans for the tractor on the next run.

Filled up the '95 on the way home yesterday @ 1.809, an then last night
it snowed. Bah!
Old November 22nd 08, 03:48 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Bob I" > wrote in message
Snip
>> I'm going to go to town more often, regular down to $1.69 9/10 this
>> morning.
>>
>> Got to fill my gas cans for the tractor on the next run.
>>

> Filled up the '95 on the way home yesterday @ 1.809, an then last
> night it snowed. Bah!

The tractor has the snow blower on it, cold, and snowing here but not
a big accumulation.

Glad I put the other tires on the C6, still can be a hand full in this
low temperature.

Old December 2nd 08, 11:33 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:15:08 -0600, "Dick R." > wrote:

>tww1491 wrote:
><snip>
>
>> Makes you wonder what the real price is. Doubt it will stay this low for
>> long. Some soothsayers are predicting $8.00 per gallon at the end of the 1st
>> 4-years of the Obama administration. I would guess things will level off
>> around 2.50 or so at some point. But, who knows.
>>

>I think it's amazing how gas prices have dropped in the last 6 months just at
>the mention of more drilling.
>Prices might rise if oil companies no longer receive tax breaks. Oil
>companies are choking on their profits while taxpayer Joe is trying
>to make ends meet, and is making up for taxes that oil companies don't pay.
>JMHO
>Dick

Taxes the oil companies don't pay? If you look at Exxon's P/L
statement for last year, they made $33 billion. And paid almost $66
billion in taxes. Seems as if the governments are scoring large on
oil companies.

fuel cost of idling Matt[_15_] Technology 11 August 8th 08 09:56 PM
Nasty fuel pump repair today. None4You VW water cooled 0 May 27th 08 02:58 AM
98 Miata Fuel Pump Cost? Ron Mazda 2 February 16th 08 01:41 PM
Average cost to replace FUEL INJECTORS ?? rcjesse Chrysler 4 July 27th 06 04:34 PM
R-12 Cost/Value Tom Howlin Mazda 6 November 4th 04 10:25 PM