Corvette assembly plant feedback update

Old April 26th 07, 04:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default Corvette assembly plant feedback update

Back in January 25th 2007 there was a post telling us how GM was
starting to listen to Corvette owners feedback. The following link was
supplied by another group, not alt.autos.corvette, so we could contact
GM with our thoughts.
http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant...rvey/index.htm

I had very little to complain about on the '05 but thought I'd get
their reaction to a little problem, shifter rattle in third gear.
Here's part of what I received in return. -

"We are aware of the shifter rattle issue and we have been working on
it. We have identified the cause and there will be a bulletin and
service parts late March or early April.

Ask your dealership to notify you when news comes out.

It is because of these types of issues that we initiated the owner
feedback on our website. Thanks to people like you, earlier
indentification is possible and we can move faster to keep the
aggrevation level to a minimum. The knob rattle was not a 100%
problem and our driving of the cars is limited. We had to find a way
to detect and analyze and all of this falls under GM's continuous
improvement objective.

Thank you for your comments about your corvette. I think the car is a
"home run" and it causes a lot of people a lot of stress when we
disappoint anyone, especially knowing you could have spent your money
on a competitor's car. Please feel free to share this info with your
friends and encourage them to use the feedback option on the web. We
really do read the comments.

Thanks,

Ron Halcomb"

What have I hear? Nothing. What did I expect? Just what I got.

For those of you that haven't driven the 6-speed C5/C6 the rattle has
been in some of them since 1997, maybe they just need more time.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old April 26th 07, 07:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dave in Lake Villa

I dont have any rattle on my 2006 6 speed manual. So, maybe they got
the bug worked out prior to 2006 (?). Maybe.

Old April 26th 07, 08:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Dad wrote:
> Back in January 25th 2007 there was a post telling us how GM was
> starting to listen to Corvette owners feedback. The following link was
> supplied by another group, not alt.autos.corvette, so we could contact
> GM with our thoughts.
> http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant...rvey/index.htm
>
> I had very little to complain about on the '05 but thought I'd get their
> reaction to a little problem, shifter rattle in third gear. Here's part
> of what I received in return. -
>
> "We are aware of the shifter rattle issue and we have been working on
> it. We have identified the cause and there will be a bulletin and
> service parts late March or early April.
>
> Ask your dealership to notify you when news comes out.
>
> It is because of these types of issues that we initiated the owner
> feedback on our website. Thanks to people like you, earlier
> indentification is possible and we can move faster to keep the
> aggrevation level to a minimum. The knob rattle was not a 100% problem
> and our driving of the cars is limited. We had to find a way to detect
> and analyze and all of this falls under GM's continuous improvement
> objective.
>
> Thank you for your comments about your corvette. I think the car is a
> "home run" and it causes a lot of people a lot of stress when we
> disappoint anyone, especially knowing you could have spent your money on
> a competitor's car. Please feel free to share this info with your
> friends and encourage them to use the feedback option on the web. We
> really do read the comments.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron Halcomb"
>
> What have I hear? Nothing. What did I expect? Just what I got.
>
> For those of you that haven't driven the 6-speed C5/C6 the rattle has
> been in some of them since 1997, maybe they just need more time.

The shifter rattled on my '60. So far the '02 is OK--OTOH, I don't have
much hearing left.
--
PJ
Old April 27th 07, 08:07 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
John Beresford Tipton

>> For those of you that haven't driven the 6-speed C5/C6 the rattle has
>> been in some of them since 1997, maybe they just need more time.
>>

>The shifter rattled on my '60. So far the '02 is OK--OTOH, I don't have
>much hearing left

That's real nice of Chevy to put that feedback form up. Who would have
thought that they still care?

I never even thought of mentioning the shifter rattle on mine. That's
OK though because most of the time the diff and trans are whining so
loud I can't hear the uhhhh... cassette*(1)* deck either.

I did mention that I have few squeaks and rattles and that parts
are getting a bit hard to find but overall ... considering that mine
is worth about ten times it's original price - I'm OK with the noise
and stuff. Will I buy another Corvette? Nope, no need, this one still
works fine and still turns my crank.

30837S - (;-)

------
JBT
-----

*(1) Antique analog recording contraption that pre dates MP3's.
introduced in the '60's it was based on magnetic impulses recorded on
rust glued to a piece of plastic film.
Old April 28th 07, 02:19 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
hmmmmmm

isn't it the thought that counts?

.. .