Worst ethnic group for DUI? - Yup, injuns and beaners

Old March 20th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Worst ethnic group for DUI? - Yup, injuns and beaners

1999 data but still interesting.

http://www.luhs.org/depts/injprev/Transprt/tran1-06.htm

Alcohol and Non-Alcohol Fatalities by Ethnic Group

Alcohol No Alcohol Percent Alcohol
White -------------------- 65,309 82,737 44.1%
African American --------- 11,072 12,453 47.1%
Native American ---------- 2,197 804 73.2%
Asian/Pacific Islander---- 1,094 2,942 27.1%
Mexican ------------------ 7,968 5,387 59.7%
Puerto Rican ------------- 529 654 44.7%
Cuban -------------------- 240 473 33.7%
Central/South American --- 1,005 961 51.1%
Other Hispanic/Unknown --- 1,834 1,657 52.5%
Total -------------------- 91,248 108,068 45.8%

Note: Alcohol crash = fatality occurred in a crash in which at least one
active participant had a non-zero BAC.

Source: Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, Prevention Research
Center, 1999.

This document was last updated on May 30, 1999.
Old March 20th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
MLOM

On Mar 19, 9:49 pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> 1999 data but still interesting.
>
> http://www.luhs.org/depts/injprev/Transprt/tran1-06.htm
>
> Alcohol and Non-Alcohol Fatalities by Ethnic Group
>
> Alcohol No Alcohol Percent Alcohol
> White -------------------- 65,309 82,737 44.1%
> African American --------- 11,072 12,453 47.1%
> Native American ---------- 2,197 804 73.2%
> Asian/Pacific Islander---- 1,094 2,942 27.1%
> Mexican ------------------ 7,968 5,387 59.7%
> Puerto Rican ------------- 529 654 44.7%
> Cuban -------------------- 240 473 33.7%
> Central/South American --- 1,005 961 51.1%
> Other Hispanic/Unknown --- 1,834 1,657 52.5%
> Total -------------------- 91,248 108,068 45.8%
>
> Note: Alcohol crash = fatality occurred in a crash in which at least one
> active participant had a non-zero BAC.
>
> Source: Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, Prevention Research
> Center, 1999.
>
> This document was last updated on May 30, 1999.

Going strictly by percentages it appears OK, but anyone can manipulate
statistical reports to push a point.

Did you notice that the whiteys had more alcohol-related fatality
crashes than all other races COMBINED? Also true on non-alcohol
fatalities. That's just raw numbers.

My counter-point: none of the races are worth a damn.

Old March 20th 07, 05:39 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Peter Lawrence

MLOM wrote:
> On Mar 19, 9:49 pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> > wrote:
>> 1999 data but still interesting.
>>
>> http://www.luhs.org/depts/injprev/Transprt/tran1-06.htm
>>
>> Alcohol and Non-Alcohol Fatalities by Ethnic Group
>>
>> Alcohol No Alcohol Percent Alcohol
>> White -------------------- 65,309 82,737 44.1%
>> African American --------- 11,072 12,453 47.1%
>> Native American ---------- 2,197 804 73.2%
>> Asian/Pacific Islander---- 1,094 2,942 27.1%
>> Mexican ------------------ 7,968 5,387 59.7%
>> Puerto Rican ------------- 529 654 44.7%
>> Cuban -------------------- 240 473 33.7%
>> Central/South American --- 1,005 961 51.1%
>> Other Hispanic/Unknown --- 1,834 1,657 52.5%
>> Total -------------------- 91,248 108,068 45.8%
>>
>> Note: Alcohol crash = fatality occurred in a crash in which at least one
>> active participant had a non-zero BAC.
>>
>> Source: Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, Prevention Research
>> Center, 1999.
>>
>> This document was last updated on May 30, 1999.

> Going strictly by percentages it appears OK, but anyone can manipulate
> statistical reports to push a point.
>
> Did you notice that the whiteys had more alcohol-related fatality
> crashes than all other races COMBINED? Also true on non-alcohol
> fatalities. That's just raw numbers.
>
> My counter-point: none of the races are worth a damn.

You know, looking at these statistics in another way, they seem to imply
that Native Americans and Mexicans are the SAFEST drivers when SOBER.
The majority of their fatal accidents occur ONLY WHEN THEY ARE DRUNK!

At the other end, Asians/Pacific Islanders and Cubans seem to be bad
drivers even when driving sober.

- Peter

Old March 20th 07, 07:38 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
hondo

That is why the Gov of Iowa wont raise liquor taxes!
amazing and very sad.

Old March 20th 07, 08:20 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Eeyore

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> 1999 data but still interesting.
>
> http://www.luhs.org/depts/injprev/Transprt/tran1-06.htm
>
> Alcohol and Non-Alcohol Fatalities by Ethnic Group
>

> Alcohol No Alcohol
> Percent Alcohol
> White -------------------- 65,309 82,737 44.1%
> African American --------- 11,072 12,453 47.1%
> Native American ---------- 2,197 804 73.2%
> Asian/Pacific Islander---- 1,094 2,942 27.1%

<snip>

Many Asians don't drink alcohol ! That probably helps their figures.

Graham

Old March 20th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime

hondo > wrote in :

> That is why the Gov of Iowa wont raise liquor taxes!
> amazing and very sad.

You mean there's so many injuns and mexicans that he's afraid he'd offend
them if he raised booze taxes?? That's a damn poor reason and i'd like to
hear him tell that to the white parents who just had their kid killed by
some DUI injun.

BTW - I guess it's true that injuns really can't handle alcohol. It never
was part of their culture until the white man showed up 500 or so years ago
and so they haven't developed a tolerance for it like europeans who've been
boozing for thousands of years.
Old March 20th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
MLOM

On Mar 20, 10:33 am, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> hondo > wrote :
>
> > That is why the Gov of Iowa wont raise liquor taxes!
> > amazing and very sad.

> You mean there's so many injuns and mexicans that he's afraid he'd offend
> them if he raised booze taxes?? That's a damn poor reason and i'd like to
> hear him tell that to the white parents who just had their kid killed by
> some DUI injun.
>
> BTW - I guess it's true that injuns really can't handle alcohol. It never
> was part of their culture until the white man showed up 500 or so years ago
> and so they haven't developed a tolerance for it like europeans who've been
> boozing for thousands of years.

True...prior to white man influence their drug of choice was
locoweed. They fried their brains by what they smoked rather than by
the drinks. I doubt white man knew of marijuana prior to entering
this continent.

Old March 20th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
[email protected][_1_]

It's easy to find - on various official government public-health
agencies' Web sites - information that "Hispanics" drive drunk at
double the rate of either European-Americans or black Americans,
though they don't break out further WHICH Hispanic subcultures are
involved. That easily makes "Hispanics" the large group - by far -
having an unusually-high drunk-driving rate, as there just aren't that
many American Indians left.

Old March 20th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Steve B[_2_]

Twenty something white airhead blonde females.

Old March 20th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Eeyore

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> hondo > wrote in :
>
> > That is why the Gov of Iowa wont raise liquor taxes!
> > amazing and very sad.

> You mean there's so many injuns and mexicans that he's afraid he'd offend
> them if he raised booze taxes?? That's a damn poor reason and i'd like to
> hear him tell that to the white parents who just had their kid killed by
> some DUI injun.
>
> BTW - I guess it's true that injuns really can't handle alcohol. It never
> was part of their culture until the white man showed up 500 or so years ago
> and so they haven't developed a tolerance for it like europeans who've been
> boozing for thousands of years.

It's apparently the same with aboriginals in Australia.

Graham