Muscle cars = luxury cars

Old September 29th 10, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Rich

Default Muscle cars = luxury cars

1969 Mustang Mach 1 cost: $3139
1969 Lincoln cost: $6585

2011 Mustang GT cost: $35496
2011 Lincoln TC cost: $46925

2011 Challenger SRT cost: $43,100
2011 Camaro SS cost: $30,000 (not bad)
Old September 30th 10, 11:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Bob Willard

On 9/29/2010 6:42 PM, Rich wrote:
> 1969 Mustang Mach 1 cost: $3139
> 1969 Lincoln cost: $6585
>
> 2011 Mustang GT cost: $35496
> 2011 Lincoln TC cost: $46925
>
> 2011 Challenger SRT cost: $43,100
> 2011 Camaro SS cost: $30,000 (not bad)

$30,000 for a Camaro SS does not even include the del'y charge.
The comparable price for a Mustang GT Premium is $32,845; or, for
a vanilla Mustang GT, it is $30,495.

I agree that $30,000 for a Camaro SS ain't bad, but the pricing
for a Mustang GT ain't bad either. For my money (if only I had it),
I'd get the Mustang to replace my '98 GT.
--
Cheers, Bob
Old September 30th 10, 01:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

?
"Rich" > wrote in message
> 1969 Mustang Mach 1 cost: $3139
> 1969 Lincoln cost: $6585
>
> 2011 Mustang GT cost: $35496
> 2011 Lincoln TC cost: $46925
>
> 2011 Challenger SRT cost: $43,100
> 2011 Camaro SS cost: $30,000 (not bad)

Same old, same old. Must I remind you again that it's now 2010?

Remember when the U.S. decided to go off of the gold standard? Remember that
prices on everything started to change from year to year?

Some folks never got over that and refuse to deal with changing numbers.

My first full-time job as a store assistant manager in 1974 grossed
$135.00/week. The store manager's base salary was $150. Given that, those
new Mustangs of the day were well out of reach.

(Our 1978 Mustang II hatchback came out the door at $5,000! Monthly payments
were $110.00, and there were plenty of months that we were hard-pressed to
come up with even that.)

dwight

Old October 3rd 10, 12:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Rich

"dwight" > wrote in
:

> ?
> "Rich" > wrote in message
>> 1969 Mustang Mach 1 cost: $3139
>> 1969 Lincoln cost: $6585
>>
>> 2011 Mustang GT cost: $35496
>> 2011 Lincoln TC cost: $46925
>>
>> 2011 Challenger SRT cost: $43,100
>> 2011 Camaro SS cost: $30,000 (not bad)

> Same old, same old. Must I remind you again that it's now 2010?

Exactly. Yet the Lincoln Town Car isn't $70k, is it?

Old October 3rd 10, 05:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

?
"Rich" > wrote in message
> "dwight" > wrote in
> :
>
>> ?
>> "Rich" > wrote in message
>>> 1969 Mustang Mach 1 cost: $3139
>>> 1969 Lincoln cost: $6585
>>>
>>> 2011 Mustang GT cost: $35496
>>> 2011 Lincoln TC cost: $46925
>>>
>>> 2011 Challenger SRT cost: $43,100
>>> 2011 Camaro SS cost: $30,000 (not bad)

>> Same old, same old. Must I remind you again that it's now 2010?
>>

> Exactly. Yet the Lincoln Town Car isn't $70k, is it?

How about apples to apples? You use the base price for the new Town Car, but
the Mustang GT price is inflated. Let's start with the base price there,
too - $29,645.

Using that number, the thought that strikes me is not that the Mustang is
now overpriced, but that the new Town Car is a steal.

dwight

Old October 3rd 10, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Rich

"dwight" > wrote in
:

> ?
> "Rich" > wrote in message
>> "dwight" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> ?

>>> Same old, same old. Must I remind you again that it's now 2010?
>>>

>> Exactly. Yet the Lincoln Town Car isn't $70k, is it?
>>

> How about apples to apples? You use the base price for the new Town
> Car, but the Mustang GT price is inflated. Let's start with the base
> price there, too - $29,645.
>
> Using that number, the thought that strikes me is not that the Mustang
> is now overpriced, but that the new Town Car is a steal.
>
> dwight

So then the Lincoln (when compared to the 1960's price) should be about
$60,000. It's not.
Old October 3rd 10, 06:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim Warman

In the 60s, the Lincoln was AT LEAST twice as big as the Mustang....
Today... not so much....

It would be nice if one or two of your posts had any logical reasoning.

Do you wnat to buy a Mustang? Do you want to buy a Lincoln? Are you about to
buy anything? Do you like to go on usenet and see that some of us depraved
people actually read your dreary messages?